ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI want to make a collab with writers

20 10315
LuisDeveloper
LuisDeveloper
1 posts
Nomad

Hello, I am a programmer and I would like to create a retro style (text based) RPG. At the moment I have an engine I could adapt to the game, but I need someone who could take care of the story and the text of each scene.

• 20 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Yeah, he probably saw one of your posts in a gun-related WEPR thread. -_-

Ssshhhhhh what goes on in the WEPR stays in the WEPR IT'S VEGAS BABY
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Whoa, things gettin real in the house!

found where he lives to send him death threats

Please tell me u didnt do that (cuz u cant trust an evil horse!)
kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

I can write... what do you need?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Maybe you guys want to make one anyway? I can do it in c#. It will look crappy and very old style, but it can work.

What i had in mind was a game called &quotassing story". For say, Ill start with "You see a statue with a Gold nugget in his forehead". Then, half of you give an answer (I do this and that), and the other half continue the story with this answer(you do this and that, and then that and this happen. What you do?/you die).

Example : you see the statue mention abouve.
Pang : pee on it.
Matt continue the story: you pee on the statue and find out that the state is made of gold, but covered with dirt.
Blk (another answer): Take the nugget.
Storm continue the story: you take the nugget, when suddenly Ferret jump through the window and throw a TV on you. You die.

Its like being OP of a game and then getting to be the player. This way you wont get "god complex" and feel the game as a player, but yet keep control on the game.

What do you say? Who is in?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So are we turning this into our own collaborative effort? Is that what I'm seeing here?

Showing 16-20 of 20