Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Question of the Day

Posted Mar 22, '14 at 9:54pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,861 posts

you certainly can't kill 230 people all on your own.

Sure you can, take a bomb, throw it in the plane and wake it fall out of the sky.

Also, I won't be posting a new QotD because this conversation is going pretty well.

Posted Mar 22, '14 at 10:13pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

7,615 posts

I actually think aliens is a viable option. Not that I'm one of those people who stay up all night with binoculars to stare at the moon and blame every little thing on them, but it makes sense. I'm not saying that's what did happen. I'm just saying it's a possibility.
Other than that, I don't know. It's not like I actively spend time formulating theories about it.

Posted Mar 22, '14 at 10:31pm

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

[quote=blk2860]Then they landed the plane in a remote location, specifically Antarctica.[/quote]

After which they walked off to, um, where?

[quote=MattEmAngel]2. Two weeks later, no evidence. Care to be a bit more specific?[/quote]

There's some mighty deep seas out there.

Posted Mar 22, '14 at 10:56pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,216 posts

I actually think aliens is a viable option. Not that I'm one of those people who stay up all night with binoculars to stare at the moon and blame every little thing on them, but it makes sense. I'm not saying that's what did happen. I'm just saying it's a possibility.
Other than that, I don't know. It's not like I actively spend time formulating theories about it.

I actually agree to a certain extent. A lot of strange things have happened within the Bermuda and Dragon Triangles. Japanese authorities have declared that are "unsafe" for shipping. Mankind is bent on explaining every single thing with "I'm sure there's a logical explanation," and most of the time there is, but you can only have so many coincidences with no concrete proof.

There's some mighty deep seas out there.

That's true, but if the plane was going down, why didn't it radio for help? It's not like a 777 just drops out of the sky and sinks to the bottom without a trace, but as of now there are no traces. Some, though, believe the pilot may have done it deliberately. According to recent police reports, files have been erased from his local computer. The theory that he crashed the plane to commit suicide exists, but how mentally deranged can you be that you commit suicide and convince yourself that taking 200+ people with you is justified? Surely some evidence of mental trouble or erratic behavior would have been picked up.

Or maybe the aliens got inside his head and he didn't realize it.

Sure you can, take a bomb, throw it in the plane and wake it fall out of the sky.

You sound disturbingly confident about that....are you speaking from experience? o_o

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 10:36am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

A lot of strange things have happened within the Bermuda

Not really: http://gizmodo.com/the-truth-about-the-bermuda-triangle-1507231040 .

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 10:43am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

That's true, but if the plane was going down, why didn't it radio for help?

A hijacking gone awry? Who am I to say, really.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 1:18pm

09philj

09philj

2,151 posts

but you can only have so many coincidences with no concrete proof.

Yes you can. The dangers associated with the "triangles" can be explained by the unusual bad weather. Coincidences happen. In 1930s Detroit, a man named Joseph Figlock was to become an amazing figure in a young (and, apparently, incredibly careless) motherâs life. As Figlock was walking down the street, the motherâs baby fell from a high window onto Figlock. The babyâs fall was broken and Figlock and the baby were unharmed. A year later, the selfsame baby fell from the selfsame window, again falling onto Mr. Figlock as he was passing beneath. Once again, both of them survived the event.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 7:35pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,216 posts

A hijacking gone awry? Who am I to say, really.

I dunno. Again, a 777 is a huge jet. It's too easy to say "It was hijacked" when it's you and a few others vs 200 other passengers, apparently too scared to try and stop you from driving the plane into the sea.

Yes you can.

Just a heads-up: if you're going to quote other source material, you need to reference it. It's against forum rules to plagiarize material.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 7:39pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

It's against forum rules to plagiarize material.

Reading something and then presenting it later in a paraphrased form for argument isn't plagiarizing. That's called arguing without a source. It isn't necessarily bad, though, because all general background knowledge would fall into this category.

Back to the question at hand, it's in Courtney Love's backyard. I'm yellin' ya.

Posted Mar 23, '14 at 10:25pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,216 posts

Reading something and then presenting it later in a paraphrased form for argument isn't plagiarizing.

True, but if you click my link, you'll find that it was literally copy/paste from another website.

The heck does Courtney Love need with a passenger jet?

Reply to Question of the Day

You must be logged in to post a reply!