Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Sleep!

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 12:14am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

- Avoid video games/TV before bed.

Especially the HALO 4 campaign. And Portal. I stayed up until 2 AM finishing the Co-op DLC for Portal 2 on Xbox LIVE with a friend.

1. It was INSANELY difficult
2. It was totally worth it for the end cutscene
3. My brain turned on and didn't turn off.

Just kidding. I'm lucky. I can do anything and by the time I reach a bed I'm ready to go to sleep. I only pulled an all-nighter one time for a video game: Assassin's Creed. Yup. The first one, when you had to actually be stealthy and guards noticed you. Ubisoft had Splinter Cell in the back of their mind when they made that game. And I didn't even beat it! I got to the final fight when my Dad walked into the living room on his way to work. 6:50 AM. Oops. I had no trouble going to sleep that night, though.

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 7:55am

daleks

daleks

3,790 posts

I normally get between 6-7 hours of sleep during the week. On weekends it really depends, But I would say about 8 or 9. I am on a pretty normal sleep schedule, some weekends I stay up really late but not usually.

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 11:09am

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

611 posts

i wake up really early like at 7 am and such things but im a bit stupid and i know i have to sleep but i watch TV til 3- 4 AM also when im at weekends still awake til 3-4 am is normal ^^

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 12:12pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,834 posts

Too lazy to look it up and in class...but I got a question

When sleeping, hair get greasy. When all nighter..no greasy hair. Y dat?

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 9:54pm

Bender124

Bender124

515 posts

If I remember correctly, sleeping in a silent environment puts the brain on edge, basically...making it so that random noises startles the brain into thinking it might be a threat

thats what probally is happing to me, just my vent scares me when i'm going to sleep

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 10:57pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Happens to me all the time. Just listen to some music. Try sleeping on the floor, that worked for me once. Maybe turn off the heat.

Posted Mar 6, '14 at 11:35pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

If I really can't sleep, I just leave the light on. That's it. No, I don't sleep better with the light on, but I am notoriously lazy. Having the light on turns turning the light off into a task in which I have to get up to complete. Being as indolent as I am, my body would rather take the road that requires the least amount of effort, which in this case is lying there telling myself I'll turn off the light until I finally fall asleep.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 5:49pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

When sleeping, hair get greasy. When all nighter..no greasy hair. Y dat?

Your body exfoliates its skin while sleeping with sweat and oils.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 6:13pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,834 posts

Your body exfoliates its skin while sleeping with sweat and oils.

Ah so black magic

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 7:13pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,036 posts

Ah so black magic

Seems legit.

Reply to Sleep!

You must be logged in to post a reply!