Forums

ForumsPopular Media

GP Formula One - Season 2014

Posted Jul 7, '14 at 7:57pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,926 posts

Knight

Will all the data every team gets from their cars, the Ferrari team measured Raikkonen's crash impact to be as high as 47G! :O :O :O

Posted Jul 8, '14 at 2:18am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,606 posts

47G?!?! ... (oO)

Oh wow... no wonder Kimi was limping his way from the car like he just got hit by one! Subconsciously I already knew he was allright, as I would have surely heard about it straight away in advance, but somehow I was fearing the worst when his car stopped twirling after crashing! That just looked like a bone-breaking impact... thank god for the safety in F1 cars these days then! =)

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 1:22am

SSTG

SSTG

11,926 posts

Knight

Wow, what an exciting GP!
Rosberg wins, Hamilton starting from 20th finished 3rd and would have finished 2nd if it weren't for the amazing drive by Bottas who gets 2nd place.
A little further back Alonso and Ricciardo fought for 5th, passing each other back and forth until Alonso crossed the finish line a second ahead of Ricciardo.
xD

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 10:41am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,606 posts

Agreed! A fantastic race to watch!! Just saw the re-run and I didn't even know the results beforehand! Awesome! =D

Massa was (again) a little too enthusiastic... great crash, but shame he keeps DNR-ing all the time. Makes you wonder if he is going to be racing for Williams next year? =P

The best part for me was the way Hamilton fought his way through the field to the front, especially when he came up to Alonso and Raikonnen! The way Kimi was sandwiched and crushed by the other two was a moment I held my breath for a few seconds! (oO) Luckily for Kimi he managed to keep the cars from crashing alltogether...

The race was exciting right up untill the end with the battle between Alonso and Ricciardo! Rosberg made a clean swoop for victory, which is deserved. Bottas made an excellent run to grab the 2nd place podium! Is Williams back on track again? =0 =)

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 11:07am

SSTG

SSTG

11,926 posts

Knight

The way Kimi was sandwiched and crushed by the other two was a moment I held my breath for a few seconds! (oO) Luckily for Kimi he managed to keep the cars from crashing alltogether...

Yeah that was crazy, three cars trying to fit in a two car space!
Ferrari needs Raikkonen to start improving because when Massa quits crashing, the Williams team will finish in 3rd at the end of the season.
Williams is already ahead of Ferrari right now in the team classification.

Ricciardo will surely become my favorite driver when Alonso retires.
He is an amazing driver, he fights clean and never give up, just like Alonso.

Posted Jul 27, '14 at 1:35pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,926 posts

Knight

Holy shift, what a race!
Rain then no rain then almost rain, pit strategies, crashes, crazy spins and miraculous recovery, from pit lane to 3rd place, great passes, wow!
Ricciardo wins, Alonso placed 2nd with completely dead tires, keeping Hamilton (3rd) behind and Rosberg catching up on the last lap!
Raikkonen finished 6th, I think so double points for Ferrari.

last edited Jul 27 2014 01:38 pm by SSTG

Posted Aug 3, '14 at 7:24am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,606 posts

OOOOHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! =D

Now THAT'S why we love Formula 1 Grand Prix racing!!! It's almost as if the drivers finally realised that we mortal spectators need our dosage of excitement and thrills! Awesome race with a truly deserving winner! I already was following Ricciardo closely and liking the dude, but... now I can say I'm a true fan!!! Are you seeing this @Strop?! After Schumi I finally found me a new favorite! Go Daniel!! =)

last edited Aug 03 2014 07:26 am by MrDayCee

Posted Aug 3, '14 at 3:34pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,926 posts

Knight

I'm also a fan of Ricciardo but I also like Alonso. I actually started to like him more when things got bad because he got better. If it weren't for him, Ferrari would be in a deeper hole.
Mark my word, when Ferrari is back at winning, they'll get rid of Alonso. They seem to like backstabbing the drivers who gave them their total loyalty, remember what they did to Schumacher? He could have had 3 more great years!

Posted Aug 3, '14 at 5:00pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,606 posts

Oh, don't get me wrong... I like Alonso as well, he's already shown his exceptional driving skills when he started for Minardi back in the days, but... I can't shake those weird twitches he has from time to time, those that make you go hmmm? That idiot swirl with his car towards that Russian driver's during the return-to-pits lap after the race? Remember that?! It just shows a lack of maturity to me... =/

As for Schumacher, I'm still not sure what on earth happened when Ferrari and Michael decided to part ways in the name of his "retirement"... true, Ferrari has a more than argumentative reputation with their drivers in their entire racing career. Thinking further on this thought, I have to agree on sharing the fear of Ferrari dumping Alonso once the team has their train back on track for the championship titles... let's hope he manages to claim a seat for Red Bull or Mercedes before he's kicked from his seat! =)

Posted Aug 3, '14 at 5:24pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,606 posts

Found the 'incident' between Alonso and Petrov @SSTG! Here's the link...

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2010 - Alonso waving at Petrov for not letting him pass...

It was the Grand Prix that cost Alonso his championship title, simply because Petrov kept racing him up untill the end of the race, rather than simply letting him pass to have him take the title. =)

Reply to GP Formula One - Season 2014

You must be logged in to post a reply!