ForumsPopular MediaGP Formula One - Season 2014

112 50948
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yep, it's next week! The Australian Grand Prix is almost there!
There are so many changes this year. Felipe Massa might actually win the championship if things remains the same but we know from experience that it won't.

Read more here:
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/3/15534.html

I can't wait for the season to start! xD

• 112 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It's been a while since I posted in here... (Oo)

Spa was a great race, as always! Really enjoyed that one! Especially that stupid move by Rosberg. Man, I really can't stand that guy... =P

As for Italy... that was a so-so race in my opinion. =/
All can be said pretty quickly...

Great job from Hamilton by maximizing his botched start into a victory.

Same for Ricciardo who maximized his finishing position with a B-car, but managed to finish ahead of his team mate Vettel, who was nowhere to be seen, but managed to give it all for a mere

Rosberg may have had a problem with his braking system, which prevented him from going 100% during the race. Meh...

Massa had a terrific finish with a 3rd place on the podium. Great job!

Alonso sadly had to retire on his car's home turf, gearbox failure...

Magnussen made a bold and stupid move on Bottas, forcing him off the track, but was rightfully given a 5 sec stop-and-go penalty.

Guttierrez did a stupid rookie mistake on Grosjean, which shows that he has no place in F1 for me... he's simply too reckless. He has been 'awarded' with a 20 seconds penalty next to his punctored rear tyre... justly.

And then the climax... Kvyat! Man!! Talk about controlling the car when he lost the braking point at the start-finish straight, nearly slammed into the back of Raikonnen, drifted through the grass and sand off-track, clipped a single foam block (yes, only ONE!), drifted some more which he miraculously saved a second time and then finally made it back onto the track in one piece! (Oo)
I bow to this talented driver who managed to have a near-points finish when starting from the pit lane... well done sir, well done! Keep an eye out for this one... =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Just read this in the news section of the Forumla 1 site I visit frequently...

http://www.auto123.com/ArtImages/171015/f1-verstappen-toro-rosso-onboard-i.jpg
Max Verstappen just finished a test session on the italian circuit of Adria and the Toro Rosso team was more than pleased and amazed on how well he performed during the test of short and long runs! All this is in preparation of the next year, which Max will be driving in F1! Can't wait!! =D

http://media.nu.nl/m/m1oxceqa29a4_wd640.jpg/max-verstappen-nadert-formule-1-licentie-testronden-in-italie.jpg

A quote from another F1 news website about this...

Team sporting director Steve Nielsen said the youngster had done "a very competent job, giving the impression he has been driving a Formula One car for quite a while, not like someone on their first day behind the wheel.

"He made no mistakes all day, seemed confident and once he was told something he remembered it. In general, he coped very well with this first test."

http://gpupdate8.ed5.nl/news/251728.jpg

Toro Rosso's signing of the teenager has been controversial, with some questioning the wisdom of bringing a driver into the sport two years earlier than the previous youngest ever debutant.

However, Christian Horner, principal of sister team and champions Red Bull, defended the decision at last weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

"I think itâs a case of if youâre quick enough, youâre old enough. Very seldomly a special talent comes along and warrants a place in Formula One," he said. "Verstappen quite clearly is a considerable talent."

http://www.tagblatt.ch/storage/scl/import/newsml-si/unknown/2223325_m3w560h330q75v20237_20140910200044765.jpg?version=1410372372
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I won't be commenting anymore because there aren't enough people participating.
I love F1 racing but it seems that I'm the only one who faithfully watches it.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I don't think the F1 is fun to watch this season. I don't comment because I don't come over here very often. But don't blame the community, blame the F1 for not being as exciting as it was until the 90´s.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I don't think the F1 is fun to watch this season. I don't comment because I don't come over here very often. But don't blame the community, blame the F1 for not being as exciting as it was until the 90´s.

You're joking right?
This season has been the most exciting in many years.
Even the qualifications are fun to watch. :O
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

More exciting than the last 2 or 3 years I can agree.

However, I might have lost the feeling for it. Sorry =S

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

However, I might have lost the feeling for it. Sorry =S

I understand, it's hard to keep up with all the changes.
I used to watch hockey all the times for years. I don't even watch it anymore except for the skill competitions and the All-Star game, when I think about it.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

With the poor Mercedes reliability I'm starting to think that Ricciardo has a chance to take the driver's championship because of the double points at the last race. I'm also worried that Red Bull might start dominating again in 2015.
What do you guys think?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'm thinking that I should buy tickets for next year's Singapore lap. It's just a 15 minute drive to the track.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm thinking that I should buy tickets for next year's Singapore lap. It's just a 15 minute drive to the track.

What, you haven't done it yet?
Singapore is one of the most exciting track even though it hasn't been on the calendar for that long. It's also the most demanding race because of the high humidity and the constant worry of taping the walls.
Is seem that the majority of the drivers loves it too.

You can see details you won't normally see during a day race and the paint job on the cars looks amazing.

Back when I lived in Montreal I've been to a few races on the Gilles Villeneuve circuit. It's really special when you're there in person and now that you have the possibility to watch a race online, you get the best of both World. Imagine sitting in the stand and watching the commentaries and replays on your tablet at the same time.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Wait... what?! Double points at the last race?! (oO)
Talk about missing vital informatione here... =P

I'm SOOOOOOOO hoping Ricciardo makes it to the championship at the end of the season! He simply deserves it! =D

I thought Singapore wasn't that exciting compared to last year's race... Hamilton did a great job, but Alonso, Vettel and Ricciardo were the men to watch for the podium battle! =)

I really think they should exclude Sutil from racing next year... let him race in a DTM class or something else where he can bump and grind all he wants. And he can take Grosjean with him for all I care! LOL =P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh... and thanx for not seeing/counting my posts in this thread @SSTG... heheh... =P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oh... and thanx for not seeing/counting my posts in this thread @SSTG... heheh... =P

What? I don't understand what you mean.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

What, you haven't done it yet?

Nope, ain't got the money or time in the past! Now that I do earn a little bit of cash, maybe.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Oh you meant this?
I won't be commenting anymore because there aren't enough people participating.
I love F1 racing but it seems that I'm the only one who faithfully watches it.

I said there aren't enough people participating unlike last year and the year before. We were 4 or 5 people commenting.

Also I always remember when the race is on and I don't need to watch a replay since I record it every time.
Showing 91-105 of 112