ForumsPopular MediaGP Formula One - Season 2014

112 50962
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yep, it's next week! The Australian Grand Prix is almost there!
There are so many changes this year. Felipe Massa might actually win the championship if things remains the same but we know from experience that it won't.

Read more here:
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/3/15534.html

I can't wait for the season to start! xD

• 112 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I was just trying to be funny @SSTG! =P

There were indeed more participants in here last year... @Strop stopped posting, as did @Pixie214. Perhaps the F1 community on AG is dying out?! (Oo)

As for watching the replay part... I work during the weekends a lot, which prevents me from watching a race live most of the time. The replay I watch is put together by the former commentator who did all the races back in the days. Ever since a large pay-per-view channel scooped up the rights for the races, I've been satisfied with those free replays with my favorite race commentator!

And @nichodemus... buy that ticket next year and go! I've attended Spa back in 1996 and it was awesome! Something never to forget!!! Allthough I had the advantage of howling engines back then of course... =)

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

As for watching the replay part... I work during the weekends a lot, which prevents me from watching a race live most of the time.

Ever heard of DVRs? They are amazingly useful.
I never watch anything live because I can't stand those annoying commercials, especially since they record them many decibels higher than the show you're watching and to make it worse, those weasels lower the volume 5 seconds before the commercial starts to make you raise the volume.

Since when do you sell products by rendering people deaf and giving them a heart attack at the same time? >:O
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Holy shift, Vettel leaves RedBull to go to Ferrari next year and Alonso goes back to McLaren!

I can understand Alonso leaving because he practically carried Ferrari on his shoulders and they never really gave him a great car.
Cry-baby Vettel doesn't like his car so he leaves even though RedBull gave him an amazing car for 4 years.

Meanwhile, Rosberg gets the pole, Hamilton gets 2nd place, and Bottas qualified 3rd.

Hopefully the typhoon won't prevent the GP to take place tomorrow.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I don't know why they didn't interrupt the race before because of the heavy rain and neither the fact that the Safety Car didn't go in when the Sauber hit. It was not Bianchi's fault to hit because if the safety car was in his car would be much slower. The directors just ignored the f race.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yeah this race was a mess and boring to death.
I hope Bianchi's going to make it. It doesn't look good though.
Hitting that mobile crane was like hitting a brick wall. Usually the tire barrier absorb part of the shock but this time he felt the entire force of the crash.
He's a good driver, he finished in 3rd place at Monaco. Imagine what he could do with a better car?

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

He's a young driver but with this accident I think his career is compromised. He's already in a small team and if he returns, he will take a good time to get back in form.

Just like Massa's accident in Hungaroring in 2009. He was a decent driver at the time, almost won a championship but after that, he's just an average driver.

I hope Bianchi gets well soon and that it is not as serious as Schumacher's conditions are.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

After all these amazing GP, the Socchi GP was boring again!
Hamilton finished 1st, Rosberg 2nd, and Bottas 3rd. Sounds familiar?

Alonso might end up with no teams next year because he waited too long to decide or he'll be with a Honda powered team. Hopefully he'll go to a good team. He's at his best now, another year without a seat and he'll be finished for sure.

Showing 106-112 of 112