ForumsThe TavernWhat interesting things did you do today?

684 273351
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello my honey moneys, this thread is a remake for a thread I made a year or 2 ago but was locked for some reason.

This thread is fairly simple, just talk about something interesting that happened to you today, nothing complicated, just that easy.

The interesting thing I did today was play Dapro in a game of Shell Shock Live 2, and played chess and backgammon with my dad.

• 684 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I found a box of Altoids in my sock drawer. It will be interesting to try and figure out how old they are and how long they've been there.

Taste test and tell me how it goes

Wether I did good or not is a mystery

With spelling like that I'm sure you are doing fine =)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wether

*whether. Somehow I missed the h.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Well, my gramma died today ._.
But I got to spend a lot of time with relatives I don't see often, so that was a plus...?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Taste test and tell me how it goes

Just like regular Altoids, which could mean one of two things. Either they've only been there for a few months or less, or there is no expiration date on Altoids. According to this guy, they taste about the same even after 6-8 years.

The only interesting thing I've done today is discuss why certain site features don't and probably will not exist, and if you call that interesting, I'm glad at the very least that your standards are as low as mine are.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I was almost in a collision. Some idiot ran a stop sign right as I had entered the intersection and stopped just short of me. I rolled down the window, gave him a few choice words and went on my way. That's what you get for driving a Prius.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I watched Carlin stand-up for like 4 hours. :^)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Had a dentist appointment scheduled today but due to some snow it was cancelled. Yay!

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. I guess texting people now could be considered interesting.

That's what you get for driving a Prius.

I get stuck behind Prius drivers a lot. They aren't as dangerous as the one you mentioned, but they almost always drive slower than average.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Interesting? Not so sure but for the past 2 days the temperature was 80 and 77 F. I went for a walk with my dogs wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
Tonight I went for a walk with my dogs wearing a winter coat because the temperature was 29 F (feel like 18) with wind gusts of 40 mph and 80% humidity so I almost froze my arse! It usually takes more than that for me to be cold but a 41 degree drop in one day is a little crazy. >:O

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I played a game of three on three basketball with some dudes at da park. I scored the game winning point for my team.
Also, I made a 20ft shot in the basket with my eyes closed once, I doubt if that will ever happen again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm not 100% sure it's a roach, though, but at least a good 85%.

If it's one of them you better kill it fast because tomorrow you'll have 4 and the next day you'll have 16 and so on.
I lived in an apartment a long time ago and some white trash neighbors moved in next door and a month later my place was infested with roaches.
Those bugs are disgusting and hard to exterminate. They can make you sick too.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I threw a pen into a trash can 10 feet away backwards over my shoulder, off the wall. This is what an interesting day at work sounds like.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If it's one of them you better kill it fast because tomorrow you'll have 4 and the next day you'll have 16 and so on.

Worse than that, that 16 isn't what will be soon, it is what is already there. When restaurants find roaches they need to call an exterminator ASAP and have em get the whole place because if you find one that means there is a crap-ton more within the building
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

True those bugs are disgusting but more disgusting for me when they fly :/

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Had a substitute bus driver today. After school, he quickly braked twice and both times we almost flew out of our seats... and he wasn't even out of the bus parking lot.

Showing 16-30 of 684