Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Story Contest

Posted Mar 11, '14 at 9:37pm

kylefitch1

kylefitch1

111 posts

Hahahahaha! Salvidian has a point there, blk2860.
I think we must defer to his superior wit.

Posted Mar 11, '14 at 9:39pm

kylefitch1

kylefitch1

111 posts

And as for the black holes, dark matter thing,
I know that they aren't really magic.

It was just a bad pun.
I like puns.

They're very... punny.

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 1:02pm

kylefitch1

kylefitch1

111 posts

Okay everyone, the results are in! I will now provide feedback on everyone's entries. Nobody get their feelings hurt now, you knew it was a contest when you joined and that it would come to this.

Congratulations to all of you, but there can only be one winner.

blk2860: Your idea was a good one and your characters were well-executed. You were creative with the names and evidence, and the cause of death.

Salvidian: You did very well with your ideas and the descriptive adjectives were amazing!

StormWalker: Your idea was flawless, and the subtle suspense and mystery threaded through the story added just the right touch. The plot twist at the end was amazing, and I applaud your writing talent.

Congratulations, StormWalker, YOU ARE THE WINNER!

(applause)
(confetti rains from ceiling)
(colorful lights flash)
(etc. etc. etc.)

This week's category is:
Comedy

Make your stories funny!

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 1:51pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,891 posts

For future reference, you are going to need your reasoning to be A LOT more than that

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 3:31pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

7,613 posts

Congratulations, StormWalker, YOU ARE THE WINNER!

(applause)
(confetti rains from ceiling)
(colorful lights flash)
(etc. etc. etc.)

Comedy, eh? Well, I can only do ridiculously immature things, so I'll get back to you on this.

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 3:40pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

Comedy is very non-descript, and anyway, I prefer stories about fear, and paranoia.

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 6:17pm

kylefitch1

kylefitch1

111 posts

blk2860, it just means... funny. And I'm sorry, everyone has their own medium. But don't worry, yours will come around.

And StormWalker, you can do ridiculously immature, just try to smooth it out a little and sprinkle some maturity on top.

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 10:10pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,424 posts

For future reference, you are going to need your reasoning to be A LOT more than that

Not everyone is gonna sit down and analyze everything, even though it is more beneficial to the writer to have in depth criticism. He technically does not have to even give feedback on anything. You are entering a submission into his contest, and it is his rules. But hopefully he'll realize that if he actually does give good feedback, there is a better chance of more people entering the competition. (hint hint)
Just my two cents here, yo. I may enter at a later date, but for now I'm going to watch. *retreats to shadows*

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 10:16pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,487 posts

He doesn't *have* to, but some writers would appreciate more analysis if they wish to bud more.

(typically we require more in-depth analyses if there are prizes involved)

Posted Mar 15, '14 at 11:37pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,891 posts

Ahhh...I forgot that the haiku thread gave merits. Jesus it has been a long time

Reply to Story Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!