Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

User(s) of the ______

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 5:01pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

17,500 posts

Knight

So the thought came to me for no apparent reason, but how about some kind of thing where there's a user of the week or user of the month? Or maybe even multiple users? What I mean is, if a user did something awesome or good, for example say I won a haiku contest(It will never actually happen), me and my haiku thingumajig(or if I did something else that was good) could be presented on the user of the month/week. Also if put in the right area on ArmorGames, it could bring some activity to the forums.

So what are you, the users, opinions about this? Could it be built like the Empire State Building? Or tilt on its side like the Tower of Piza?(that's the correct spelling right?)

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 5:08pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,796 posts

It's actually the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Also, I don't think we should have this if it's just going to be "User of the Month". That could constitute really anything. Are they the best artist? Did they win a contest? Were they the most helpful? Or were they the most rule-abiding? My point being, we shouldn't have this unless we get specific, because otherwise no one will know why they're User of the Month. Maybe it could be like a Mini AG awards, which happens every year.

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 5:38pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

802 posts

I remember the "AG Highest AP board" on the front page.
Where would this User of the______ Be posted?
Who would update?
What would apply?

~~Black~~

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 5:38pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,214 posts

I agree with blk. A lot of people are the best at a lot of things. Like, we could say "FishPreferred is the User of the Month for posting the most in WEPR" when, meanwhile, I'm the first name that comes to mind when someone asks for a writer.

They'd have to change the topic every time, which would be difficult, and if people really wanted to make the list they'd stop participating in some places. For example, if the "best user" was based on WEPR for one month, people might lay off WEPR because they know it won't get picked.

And, since you'll probably want a headcount, I vote "no" on this idea. I am already striving to achieve a different AG goal (which we are all aware of), and I'd like to earn a few more Merits, plus the competitions in AMW. I'm not interested in trying to achieve another goal when I haven't yet reached my current ones.

Posted Mar 10, '14 at 8:02pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,861 posts

Could it be built like the Empire State Building?

Why you little...

Posted Mar 11, '14 at 4:03pm

gh0sts

gh0sts

888 posts

for example say I won a haiku contest(It will never actually happen), me and my haiku thingumajig(or if I did something else that was good) could be presented on the user of the month/week.

If it were a weekly contest, to be fair, wouldn't every winner have to be user of the week if one was just for winning the contest?

Reply to User(s) of the ______

You must be logged in to post a reply!