Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

[Suggestion] Community quests

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 12:35am

Reton8

Reton8

2,824 posts

I would say, no quests that can't be awarded automatically. If a quest requires that a contest be run and then judged there's too many factors getting in the way. Contests are sporadic and judging is subjective.

I do like the idea of quests like, sign in for 100 consecutive days, play 50 different games, and play at least one game a day for 50 days. Even possibly, rate at least one game day for X number of days (although that could open users to spam rate again, but the limitations of the quest may stop users from spam rating.)

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 12:43am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,839 posts

Horror Story:
Write a Horror Story that's positively reviewed.

Given the recent state of AMW, I'm not sure how much user reviews can be trusted..

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 12:58am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,723 posts

The play & rate ones make sense. The merit ones are fine, I guess. I object to any post or comment related quests that go beyond 50, however.

Unique quests should be given a special attention,they are the future in every sense.

I couldn't make any sense of this.

Hey, we can't have an artist quest without a writer quest! That's just discrimination!

I would count that as the same thing.

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 1:07am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,812 posts

Very good ideas Ivan, and I see you've brought the "very hard" category into play once again. Ferret, do you think in the future we will see these types of quests or the very hard category of quests?

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 1:32am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

I do like the idea of quests like, sign in for 100 consecutive days, play 50 different games, and play at least one game a day for 50 days.

What about a certain number of posts (1-5) every day? Yes, people may try to spam for it, but not without getting caught and having that particular quest timer reset.

I object to any post or comment related quests that go beyond 50, however.

I agree when it comes to comments, as that could encourage the same level of spam that the AP system did, but the posting achievements, especially the higher ones, could provide ambitious leaderboard climbers to spend more time in the community. The lower ones would be easier to spam for, but it would be hard to get past a certain number of posts without getting caught.

Of course, it would mean that quests would have to be manually revoked if people did spam to achieve them, so that could raise an entirely different issue.

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 8:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,437 posts

Knight

I do support some of the suggestions (Posts and Merits to be exact), because they're relatively straightforward to monitor and to award. Merits being issued only by the brass need not to be discussed.....Posts can be monitored in the Forums, compared to comments, which are harder to track if a person started an alt to comment spam.

I would support having the Quests being geared towards the relatively low numbers at the beginning, say 1 post/merit, 5 merits, maybe 50 or 100 posts. Start them small, so people might be tempted to start and subsequently, if they continue to actually develop and interest, then considerations should be put forth to introduce the next few tiers. Plus, it won't scare away Questors who would balk at a 1,000 posts Quests.

I would suggest against Quests geared towards user ran contests (CTC one apart, seems to be thriving, plus it's still a game site), as these are skewed, not very constant, and could very well lead to bickering or favouritism.

Posted Mar 14, '14 at 9:28am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

8,244 posts

Quests that could be gained by everone, yes (posts in the forum and comments).
Yes, that may lead into spam again, but, if are carefully used, thats a risk that could be worth it. Also the mods/admins have a new weapon to deal with these spammers, like lower/reset the counter when catched.

Quests for playing games, yes and no
If the users are free to choose which games they play, then yes.
if it leads into "play xx x-tagged games" (like play xx car-games or else), then no.

Merits, yes.
They are only given by mods/admins, and i assume they know what they doing.

Quests for special talents (storys, user ran contests, stuff like that), needs reviews, votes, etc, no.
They are imo problematic because you never know if someone realy like/dont like it, user-relationships could have a great influence in their views, votes which distort the whole idea.

Reply to [Suggestion] Community quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!