ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] Disqus Comments

220 146213
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Greetings all!

We're going to be moving all our game comments, profile comments, MMO comments and editorial comments over to Disqus as early as this Friday. Because of this, I wanted to give you a FAQ to help solve any mysteries on the process...

What about Merits?

Merits will not live on our website in the same way, they can't be tied directly into the Disqus system which means they will no longer be comment-based. A simple Merit system will be created on our launch Friday that will grow more robust with time - allowing moderators/admins to merit people directly. Later e-mail notifications will be added to this as well.

You can also "Feature" a comment in Disqus, so that could also be awarded with your merit.

What about non-AG armatars?

A big concession we had to make with the Disqus system is that a Disqus account trumps our normal user accounts. This means users can name themselves whatever they like, and associate any armatar they like to their profile.

There will be alterations in our rules that discuss impersonation of other users, especially Moderators/Admins that will result in permanent bans. Also utilizing any exclusive armatars will result in a warning and possible further punishment.

Guest Accounts?

Guest accounts will be killed on site, and your real account warned. Guest accounts are not allowed on our Disqus comments.

Colored text for Knights/Admins/Moderators?

Not available right now in Disqus. You'll notice our accounts have "Moderator" next to our names. This text may change, but it means that person has moderator powers over Disqus comments.

What about total comment count?

This should be worked on before launch as well, nobody should lose their comment counts, just add on to their total.

What about old comments?

Still unknown the degree we'll be transferring over old comments. I'd love to hear your opinions though. This obviously is very tedious work, but I think me and @boppins agree that certain games (or comments) should make it over.

If you have any more questions let me know below.

• 220 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

A question of etiquette: Do we still respond to comments on the poster's profile, or just hit "reply"? It's all the same to me, whatever works for people. The previous system I found strangely cumbersome, but had gotten used to it. Hence my question.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

We have to choose reply,We will soon get used to it.
=)

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

We have to choose reply,We will soon get used to it.
=)

Technically, the reply button is not required. You can still respond on the poster's profile, though it's not as easy to access as it was before.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I think my question was rather: Will a poster easily see your reply if they don't actively go looking for it?

If not, I guess leaving it on their profile would be preferred still. Right

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

OK, got it: If someone goes "reply" on a comment by you, there'll be a little red alert ballon to that effect in your profile, where the comments are.

Wonder how many people will catch on to that, but, at least it's functional

popington
popington
119 posts
Chamberlain

what does hide media/show media button do???

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

what does hide media/show media button do???

It's been mentioned the Disqus system allows for in-post (embedded) videos.

So I guess that setting would be to block such media content.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

My profile comments haven't loaded in two days

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Should be fixed now I think?

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

Is there a way to use my AG Disqus account on other websites?

Sep

heros271
heros271
2 posts
Blacksmith

Is there any chance to bring back old, good system?

FatherMannix
FatherMannix
7 posts
Nomad

I was wondering still about user names. They link to the game on the page, not the user profile. You have to open the Disqus profile to get the link. Easier to just open one's own profile and paste the user name over.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How do I delete the disqus account armorgames forcibly created?

Delete your ArmorGames account.

There's no way to delete it seperately from what I've seen. So you're just going to have to deal with it.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, why do you even care? Looking at your profile, you've never even made a comment.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Which is why I want to delete it...

Just lock your comments.

If that's the only way, all save games will also be deleted. -_-

Except local saves, those will stay.

Sigh, looks like armor games lacks privacy settings.

You've edited your profile before right? I assume you have from your armatar. There's actually privacy settings in there.

Does deleting the account also delete forum posts?

Nope.
Showing 181-195 of 220