ForumsNews and FeedbackHTML 5

10 10481
Matsps
Matsps
2 posts
Nomad

Much of HTML 5 has been supported by browsers for a while now and is beginning to rise in popularity. Many other gaming sites are accepting HTML 5 games, so my questions are: What are the concrete reasons for AG not doing this? Are there plans to do this in the future?

• 10 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We've been looking strongly at Unity, not that we won't possibly look at HTML 5 in the future.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

We've been looking strongly at Unity,

Just in case you missed that discussion, Unity isn't unproblematic for users: About this downloadable Player needed to play some games. I wonder about its future with the way the web is going, even, although the details are firmly beyond me. I think some discussions on it elsewhere by apparently more savvy folks than me I've linked to in that thread; check notably here, a discussion apparently spawned by here.

(Although arguably it similarly seems to be called ino question there how much longer Flash will last us, if I do recall.)
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Flash will be out in a few years. It is already on the dying end. Imao I think AG will need to adapt and allow other forms besides flash or the site will go under.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Flash will be out in a few years. It is already on the dying end.

So one hears, yes; but can you or someone explain, in layman's terms?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

So one hears, yes; but can you or someone explain, in layman's terms?

No one's using it. I don't know how I could explain it more simply. Developers are just using different things now.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

No one's using it.

Aha. So whence all these games that still come out?

Although it would seem to fit right in with this feeling one gets that the good stuff and/or their frequency is well past its heydays.

So what should we be looking for, where are the goodies at, these days? Downloadable stand-alone games? Please enlighten us. It's an honest question.
Matsps
Matsps
2 posts
Nomad

Many popular game engines are now offering the option to export as HTML 5 and developers are starting to use this more and more, especially as HTML 5 gains increasing support from browsers, mobile devices and game engines.

There is nothing to 'look for' though. It just looks like it's going to be a steady transition to HTML5 from Flash for many places that currently use flash, thus why I asked if and when Armor are going to support HTML5.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

As the industry starts using technology, you can expect we'll follow suit.

Daniel_William
Daniel_William
1 posts
Nomad

Heyyy Heyyy, now AG Accept HTML5 Games to upload??

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Necro, revived by ad-spam. May it rest in peace again.

Oh, abd yes, HTML5 has arrived.

Showing 1-10 of 10