ForumsGamesGemcraft Chasing Shadows Vision Fields

34 42048
fission12
fission12
63 posts
Jester

Hey everyone!

So far, it seems that the most interesting challenge are the vision fields. The fact that the talisman and skill points are inactive seem to make them rather challenging. Currently, I have worked out how to beat vision field V1 consistently, without requiring too much luck. I did it again, and I recorded it for anyone who might be stuck on it. It did take a good 7-14 tries for me. :P

Without further ado: Beating vision field V4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEQyCHZENv8

With that being said, I seem to be having a bit of trouble with vision field V1, but I have not really tried it that much, yet, so we will see how that goes. Any tips from the people who have beat V4?

Good luck, and happy shadow hunting,
-fiss

• 34 Replies
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

My word!! the big box nailed v1. totally the easiest level when you do his method

leoxyz
leoxyz
1 posts
Nomad

I came here for 2 things

1. Give the tip thebigbox has already given (I was so mesmerized when it worked, I couldn't believe it)

2. Ask for help on vision field V4. It's just impossible for me. Someone mentioned here it's a &quotiece of cake", so I'm either dumb or facing different conditions (as shadownebula said, the Shadow becomes OP after wave 19 - it shoots a zillion shadowy things at the orb every few seconds)

AwesmePersn
AwesmePersn
1 posts
Blacksmith

I managed to beat V4 by upgrading the center tower gem repeatedly, smart walls, placing two towers directly diagonally below my orb, and placing grade 1 gems in the others. The center gem deals all the damage and the other 4 gems shoot down the projectiles that the shadow launches.

BorisChumley
BorisChumley
1 posts
Peasant

I beat v4 with three gems on the most recent patch. You need to manually place a tower on the right front of the orb to guard from the shadows mana drain things. You need to enrage most of the early waves too so that you get extra mana. It takes a couple tries sometimes.

cakearns80
cakearns80
2 posts
Farmer

Radoslavus: "V2 - 1 dual gem (yellow/red) and amplifiers around it, near the orb. Freeze those monsters near the pillars. 50 waves and its done. quite easy"

What are you talking about??? First, there is no yellow gem available on V2. Secondly, there is no freeze spell available.

V2 is the only field that I absolutely cannot beat in the enitre 148 fields of this game. I've tried only one gem by the orb, I've tried calling waves early, I've tried enraging, but I never make it past wave 70-something and the curse spell doesn't charge fast enough for me to ever be able to get all the nodes charged! GRRRRRRRR so frustrating.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

for the curse vision field: play 3-20 waves normally, in order to build: 1. a low-level mana farm (some red orange traps, a couple of red/orange towers) (you'll need the extra mana from a mana farm), 2: a maze to lengthen the journey the mobs must make.

Start speed-calling waves to rapidly charge up curse spells-and curse more monsters at once.

-it's the same principle as rapid-calling and freezing the monsters, at heart.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

For V2, I simply had monsters go south at first. Enrage the waves a little bit (just a few gems) as long as the monsters could be defeated before they reached the orb, and charge the southern nodes.

Then just blow up that which keeps them from approaching from the north, and wall off the south, in order to force monsters past the other nodes.

Enraging waves a little bit, as well as calling them early (again, in manageable amounts) in an attempt to cluster monsters worked for me.

NightmaresRW
NightmaresRW
5 posts
Farmer

I just ran each of them again to make sure it worked in current version. If you're just looking for a straight win its pretty simple for each.

V1: Block off so they all run in one direction.
Send all waves early. (Ctrl click waves)
Hit start only on slow or medium speed.
Use Freeze whenever able. Pause as needed.
(I used this field to get low level fragments and quick cores in the beginning)

V2: Exactly the same strategy as V1 except you can expect them to all also get banished. Don't worry, if you do it right you will easily win before they take you down.

V3: I built a tower in the center and 8 amps surrounding it.
I then made a triple gem and upgraded it as much as I could, just using "U". (I decided not to use optimal combination and went with a simple yellow g1x4|red g1x1 | black g1x3. Then I put the rest of my mana into pure yellows to use as amps.)
Start with just holding down "N" for a while and upgrading with "U".
Stop massing waves if you get to many, or if a mana shard appears. (Make towers next to them, and move your main gem next to them and just hit 5 over and over until its done. Up until the huge ones you should be able to finish them quickly, and still be killing the enemies with no issue.)
Build traps along the top row, and amplifies across the top and bottom to go with them. (I did 2 different ones alternating. |slow g1x3| suppress g1x4| chain g1x1| & |suppress g1x3| armor g1x4| chain g1x1| filling all amps with suppress.) {upgrade as needed/able}
Keep freezing, cursing, and upgrading (mostly the main gem and yellow amps) and you should do it. I only had a slight amount of leaking for the entire run. Took around 5 min too. (Maybe 10?) Try to freeze as much as possible when they are still on the traps. The regen they get is what really kills you over all.

V4: |yellow g1x5 | green g1x3| put in the right side. (Set targeting to flying ones)
Hit start and wait to get mana to make an amp. Then place it under the tower. (forcing one path)
Wait for mana and make a g2 yellow for the amp.
Wait for mana and make another amp next to the first, and same g2 yellow to put in it.
Keep upgrading your attacking gem, all the way up to level 7. Make sure you also are putting bolt on it every time possible once the shadow appears.
Note: There is a chance you will lose just because of the random pathing of the shadow. I did this exact way twice now with no failing, but the first much more smooth than the second. Its short so just try again if it goes wrong. Edit: Make that a third time. This time putting the amps and gems on the right side so you target closer to the orb for the shadow's spawns. Clearly the better choice and fixing the above.

Well hope this helps some of you. Happy Gemcrafting!

amoghdayal11
amoghdayal11
8 posts
Peasant

Use this image to refer: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140610070132/gemcraft/images/3/3b/V4.jpg

For v4, this is the strategy I used:

Place a dual green-yellow gem (same ratio of both) in the top-right tower. Upgrade it to grade 4. Block the road to the right. Then let the creepers roll in.

As soon as you reach 400 mana, make an amplifier near the firing tower and then place a yellow grade 1 gem in it. Then make another and place another one. Then upgrade gem in tower to grade 5 (and use bolt to insta-slot). Then place another amp and grade 1 gem till you have 5 amps surrounding your gem tower.

Once this is done, make another tower so that it touches three amps (only one possible placement for this). Put a dual yellow-green gem in it and upgrade to level 5. Put priority for this gem to flying and let it deal with the shadow and its projectiles, but don't move it yet. Your orb must be having tough time dealing with monsters, so gem-bomb a level 1 gem on it but I didn't have to. It is receommended though since it reduces mana drain by shadow's projectiles and spawnlings. (Projectile = black things that fly to your orb without following path)

Use bolt whenever necessary to cope with monsters/hasten upgrade but don't waste it whenever.

Our aim is to have two level 6 dual gems by wave 17 MAX, if you couldn't save enough mana try enraging waves but it won't be needed. Don't upgrade any of the amp gems, they aren't worth it and we will need the mana to take care of the shadow. Use bolt whenever possible on the gem closest to the shadow. If shadow is out of reach of both gems use it on the first attacking gem.

By level 18, use your second gem (with three amps) to target the shadow. Whenever the shadow goes out of reach, swap the gem to the tower that is within reach. If none is, then create one but place it wisely so that its range does not coincide with other towers and doesn't go out of the field. Use bolt on this gem when replacing or if you have two left.

With a little luck before you blast the last monster off, the shadow will be at 1/5 hp or less. Continue targeting it and when it is below 2,000 hp gem-bomb it with one of the grade-6 gem and good night shadow.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Can't seem to squeeze too much more out of V3 (other than hitting more wisdom/shard sparks):

http://i.imgur.com/LI7b1Qx.jpg

Start with 4 grade 7 or/red traps amped by a grade 6 or. Kill with a grade 8 red/white. Add white to traps as can afford, combine after. Slow trap in front eventually, and remember that once you hit 30 hits/sec, better off with another gem since you have no skills and upgrades are unimpressive.

erikroberts
erikroberts
1 posts
Peasant

I am a level 1200 Wizard and am none-the-less stymied by the Vision V14 field. The new one in Hextile "F". Anyone work it out yet?
The best so far involved a level 8 gem surrounded by 3 amplifiers.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

I covered in the other thread, with pics on page 3.

DarthMohawk1
DarthMohawk1
19 posts
Nomad

Do any of these new vision fields come with new pages of lore like the first four did?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

No.

BatboyEXE
BatboyEXE
1 posts
Shepherd

I can't seem to get the Freeze trick to work in the new version

Showing 16-30 of 34