ForumsNews and FeedbackForum Notification?

34 15407
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

One of the ideas I've been throwing around here is a way to notify people on the forums. We already have a @Ferret function, so maybe allowing that to notify a user along with the thread link via e-mail would be useful.

Assuming we put some protections against spamming, what are thoughts?

• 34 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Skeleton_Pilot Though it's not first on our feature list at this time, we have talked about notification widgets. I do like the idea of it being on the top bar, it seems similar in theme to how other sites do it. That being said, I'm not the UI designer and I trust him to make the right call. I'll mention your suggestion however. Thank you!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Just as long as it's being considered, that's music to my ears! Thank you for the quick response! =)

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

it would be a neat feature but to be honest it would be kind of annoying getting tons of ag notifications or email notifications about every single reply, considering when i post then rarely check back

jmr822
jmr822
17 posts
Shepherd

I would suggest adding a link on your profile page like the one enjin has for it's forums if you ever visit it. It is on a sidebar and it shows your notifications along with an easy scroll screen to read them. This could also work for mail and online player (whether it be freinds everyone whatever).

Showing 31-34 of 34