ForumsNews and FeedbackFeature Friday 4/11/2014

14 4575
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Just a few things to take note about:

- All comments should be carried over from the old comment system. We'll be shutting down legacy comments soon, so let me know if there are any concerns.
- Added some support options to premium purchases.
- Sinjid premium content now has a "Free Offers" ability so you can take a survey and get the premium content. Let us know what you think.
- Closed down parts of Get Satisfaction.
- Fixed some voting bugs.
- Some fixes to help prevent people selling us Kitchens in the forums.
- Notification when users comment on your profile is back.

• 14 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You're closing down GetSat?! *sheds tear* So long old friend... *sniff* ...we'll miss you! =(

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

All comments should be carried over from the old comment system. We'll be shutting down legacy comments soon, so let me know if there are any concerns.

Will you be removing the backlog (or whatever it's called) of existing comments, or just locking it? I ask because I was just using it to find a discussion that happened in early January. A discussion that would otherwise have required much clicking and scrolling.

Some fixes to help prevent people selling us Kitchens in the forums.

But...but where will future gamers turn to when they need to find new countertops and appliances at competitive prices?
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, there will be no classic backlog - though I imagine the page will be alive a while if you bookmark it.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

All comments should be carried over from the old comment system. We'll be shutting down legacy comments soon, so let me know if there are any concerns.

NO FERRET WHY?!?! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW OUT OF PLACE MY 'FIRST' COMMENTS ARE GOING TO BE NOW! I OBJECT!

;~; T-This is an outrage...
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

*chuckles* It's true, very out of place.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

All good things must end sometimes.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

NO FERRET WHY?!?! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW OUT OF PLACE MY 'FIRST' COMMENTS ARE GOING TO BE NOW! I OBJECT!

Yeah same here... Having a comment reading "First!" doesn't look to flattering when there are thousands of comments underneath
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

That's one of the best parts of all the legacy comments becoming Disqus comments. Now all of those "first" comments are going to look absolutely ridiculous.

To be fair, though, those comments are just complete spam anyway, so at least they won't look so out of place when they get deleted.
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

How did you fix that one? It's good to see that nobody is selling kitchens in the forums anymore, but I'm curious as to how you pulled it off.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How did you fix that one?

Ferret showed up at their office, then had an all-out brawl. Ferret won of course.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

But...but where will future gamers turn to when they need to find new countertops and appliances at competitive prices?

Head over to Sky9games.com for all the spam you could ever want.

;~; T-This is an outrage...

Agreed, even I said "first" in one instance (to be fair there was other content in that post as well)

~~~Darth Caedus
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ferret showed up at their office, then had an all-out brawl. Ferret won of course.

Nobody beats a Ferret... they rulez! =)

And the 'First!' comments are actually spam if you look at them from an unbiased point of view... =P
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It was simple really, bunny ninja hit squad.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

So ninja bunnies are the best against kitchenware salesmen? I may consider getting one or two of those bunnies of my own. What is their stance on girl scouts? I can't afford to gain any weight this spring and I might need something to drive the cookie temptation away.

Showing 1-14 of 14