Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Insanity; Teen Murders Mother

Posted Apr 17, '14 at 7:14am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,829 posts

Of course, I'm just assuming stress may have triggered it, per se.

Posted Apr 17, '14 at 10:20am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,712 posts

I think you may be oversimplifying, pang. I've never heard of stress-induced rape.

Posted Apr 17, '14 at 5:41pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,829 posts

Possibly. After reading his conversation, I emphasize with the kid. I don't think he is a monster like some people may possibly want to think, just a kid with something wrong with him.

Posted Apr 17, '14 at 5:53pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

Help me out here. Why would someone first get angry enough at his mom for taking away his game to shoot her? But most of all, why would he rape her after that? I guess I have no insight into how crazy people think, but but I could speculate that he expresses rage with sexual violence.

Posted Apr 17, '14 at 8:57pm

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

379 posts

A frightening concern is how easily accessible a gun was for such a young and disturbed person (granted it was the parents that got the firearm for him, and not him himself).

Posted Apr 18, '14 at 5:27am

Kennethhartanto

Kennethhartanto

248 posts

after reading the news article, i'm beginning to feel this is just like the case with Anders Breivik, in which games ( CoD in both cases ) are used to explain someone's motive or way of knowing how to commit such atrocities or crime. i don't mind that, i just felt that this is just WAY not fair for the CoD creator. why do they mention CoD, but fail to mention other games that might and can be suspected to be a source of learning the ways of crimes? for example, why not blame GTA or other kind of games that they have on them? i'm pretty sure that obviously both Noah Crooks and Anders Breivik have more games that doesn't display CoD on it's title.

Posted Apr 18, '14 at 6:39am

Kennethhartanto

Kennethhartanto

248 posts

On the other hand, i think i'm going straight to the frontier territory of the topic with my last comment and if i keep this up, it's going to blast through the "walls" of this topic. so if you think it the same way as i do, feel free to ignore my last post. i'm just going to make a new topic in that case

Posted Apr 18, '14 at 7:49pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,323 posts

Knight

Am I the only one here who noticed how this particular case sounds like a really bad punk/emo song?

I know. Bad joke. Moving on.

From what I see in the article "his mum Gretchen confiscated his video game because he got bad grades at school". I was in a similar position when I was 7 years old but I most certainly didn't attempt or even think of murdering my own mother. The child obviously has a mental disorder, but the real question is how he was able to live 13 years without anyone noticing he has a mental state so unstable he'd murder his own mother, and before hand attempt to rape her. Usually a child who would have such destructive actions would have similar acts of violence in non-extreme cases (such as taking out aggression by stabbing dolls, shooting stuffed animals with an airsoft gun, etc). It sounds like he has a more sophisticated mental disorder; something stronger and more passive than ADD.

What do you do with someone like this?

Perhaps psychologists could examine him in solitary confinement and see if he has a new form of mental disorder, or a very rare mental disorder.

As goes without mention, Call of Duty isn't what made him do the act. He's a teen, going through some teenage stuff, and probably used Call of Duty as an outlet for some stress he may have had. Having it taken from him may have released some built up stress he had been suppressing (which the final quote in Reton's post further leads me to believe).

I'm a teen myself and I've gone through harder situations in life, situations with no form of stress release. His "snap" and reaction was not only extreme but a reaction that no sane man or teen would actually come up with.

I've never heard of stress-induced rape.

Nor I. The only form of stress-induced rape I could think of is sexual frustration, and that's a different case in itself.

Reply to Insanity; Teen Murders Mother

You must be logged in to post a reply!