Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Gemcraft CS - Fastest Shadow Core Farming?

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 11:09pm

mmcinally

mmcinally

2 posts

"I'm lvl 1434 - so not too high yet"

Pretty sure level 1434 is higher than they mean.

Posted May 1, '14 at 1:57am

DJFaust

DJFaust

21 posts

Simply put, give up farming anything until you can at least play glaring difficulty. especially do not attempt to get talisman pieces, they are lategame bonus.

Other than that, you should be just getting some shadow cores every round just to enable few traits.

Posted May 3, '14 at 10:24pm

ThomasSpeedrunner

ThomasSpeedrunner

162 posts

J3 over and over again on Glaring. Gets me about 200 shadow cores a run.

Posted May 4, '14 at 1:34am

pewpewsword12

pewpewsword12

24 posts

Shadow core gain increases with level. until wizard level 500.

a few on orblets trait (for those who have premium) is a good way of spending sc to gain extra xp without increasing the difficulty.

However for low levels, getting your level up is priority in order to get more Shadow cores.
However, if you need SC it may involve replaying levels and if possible replay early stages on higher difficulties.
500+ you can play haunting runs with high yields.

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 12:47am

Timch

Timch

2 posts

Replaying F1 and skipping waves 1-3 usually gives you 4 shadow cores and a 12+ rarity fragment

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 3:07am

Kreistor

Kreistor

34 posts

From another thread, I use E3. Create a kill tower far left, above the orb between the paths. Ctrl-click to send all and 9x speed. If you have the Chasing Shadows trait, set to 7. You should get 360 cores in 3 mins start to restart. My max was 660. Other methods can give more cores per map, but in my experience, not more cores per minute. Do not use Orblets, as a previous poster suggests. Orblets trait does not increase Core production, and costs 28 cores for no gain.

The key is Send all Waves. Early sending raises the probability of Apparitions, Shadows, etc. More waves faster = more cores. You can use any map: find one that plays to your style and stick to it. Ididn't start doing this until L400, but I was already using Haunting, so it should be do-able at lower level.

If you need a mana farm, then you're doing too much work and slowing yourself down, lowering cores/min. The Kill Tower is necessary in any case to take down Shadows, so it must be built. It does some of the work, so it may as well do all of it.

Posted Jun 10, '14 at 8:31am

bobbybaby

bobbybaby

15 posts

I don't think that shadow core farming is really worth it until you're later on in the game anyway. The time required for relatively little gain (compared to higher levels) isn't worth it imo.

The progression to my mind is:

- Just going through the levels until you get to the point where you can mana farm.
- Once you can mana farm you can rack up the XP pretty quick.
- At level 1000+ you can start shadow core farming, and should be able to get ~1500 cores on F1 in a few minutes.

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 2:06pm

mysticwriter612

mysticwriter612

23 posts

People keep saying to do this on F1 but wasn't the game nerfed? Best I can seem to find is map T7 no traits rush all waves. I get about 155-172 cores a run and each run is under a minute with no cores spent on the battle (I don't even up the difficulty).

Anyone got anything better that wasn't patched?

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 2:33pm

Astroshak

Astroshak

267 posts

I just go to a stage I have not beaten the Glaring or Haunting difficulty on, and do a speedrun of the stage.

Tower, 8 amps around it. Make my killing gem of G1's : 1 red, 8 yellow, 7 orange, and 16 white. Shift-G until they're all combined, stick in tower. Look at remaining mana - find highest gem grade I can make 8 of. Go down one grade, make a yellow and an orange, combine, then dupe 7 times. Place in amps. U to upgrade the tower gem as much as possible, then turn on 9x speed and call all waves. Run around hitting U on the tower gem and the amps as much as possible.

That gets me a bunch of SC, usually, in just a few minutes. If, somehow, I get overwhelmed (Yellow/Orange is a really bad gem combination, after all) I attempt it again, this time without using any orange. 1 red, 7 yellow, 24 white, and just pure yellow amp gems.

Sometimes I even remember to turn Chasing Shadows trait to max.

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 2:52pm

mysticwriter612

mysticwriter612

23 posts

Astro, you're the one who told me not to use white? Lol. Well then again that's for long haul matches not for these quickies...If I act quick the method I'm doing is like 1.5k core per 15 min. I just hate the repetition. I might just try a quick manafarm send all waves thing. I did it once, got like 2k cores for the match but it took almost a half hour. Little less repetitious though.

Thanks for the advice, I'll toy around with what you said and my own ideas after work =)

Reply to Gemcraft CS - Fastest Shadow Core Farming?

You must be logged in to post a reply!