ForumsGame WalkthroughsGemcraft: CS Walkthrough and Guide on Leveling Up and Endurance(Premium)

22 35336
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi all, this is a written walkthrough.

I first suggest getting familiar with the game's mechanics. Scroll down on the game page and look at those keyboard shortcuts, they are very useful. Read carefully all the tutorial pages so you know everything.

Then, I highly suggest completing the game, or at least most of it, so you have a decent level of at least 80 to start with.

I myself managed it at only level 141, but that was because it took me from level 110 to 140 to even find poolbound tome lol.

Your First Endurance

The essential skills are:

Mana Leech
Poolbound
Fusion
Traps

Lesser Essentials:

Crit
True Colors
Chain

In the order they are listed.

Reasons for not including other skills that may SEEM good(and are in regular play).

Mana Stream: The mana you get from killing monsters will be next to zero compared to the farm. Lower mana pool caps is unnecessary.

Amplifiers: Until your next couple of runs, you won't have enough points to spare to max Bloodbound, which after you start using it often, is where amps shine.

Resonance: Not enough skillpoints atm. Priority falls just below chain hit tbh...

you also shouldn't max chain ever unless you enjoy mega lag/are going for a really high grade gem for bragging rights: You want least lag/most mana for your endurances, lest you quit because of lag.

Fury: Very nice skill, need more points to max it though, because mana farming specs are most important.

All others: Don't bother.

Okay, so this is the skillset I would suggest at level 80, with 553(+ achievements) skillpoints, and a skill cap of 13.

Poolbound: 12(-78)
Mana Leech: 12(-78)
Traps 12(-78)
Crit hit: 9(-45)
Chain: 6(-21)
True Colors: 9(-45)

= +1456 starting mana(208 spare points).

This is what I suggest for level 80 wizards, if you are higher I suggest adding to pool, traps, leech first, in multiples of 3. Leave 1K mana at all times. If you are 90 and cap is 14, raise all others as much as you want instead, it's best to have multiples of 3 as the secondary bonus especially for component skills, is very nice.

Almost forgot- If you are missing any of the colors-

B5 has orange
L6 has poolbound
R1 has critical hit

Now, onto gameplay- I suggest an early map that has one entrance only(F1, F4, F5, F6, etc).. set glaring, maximum haste, 1 mana lock, 7 beacon storm, 7 swarmling, 7 giant.

Open up with a grade 4 red yellow white gem in tower(split approximately evenly, made of 2 grade 1 chain, 3 g1 crit, 3 g1 pool, if you can).

Make the tower gem grade 6, that's it, save up mana until wave 10.

Now, make a grade 5 with 5 chain, 6 mana, 5 poolbound grade 1s.

place it as close to the entrance as you can.

Build towers on any non-path 2x2 space near the trap to prevent discharging beacons from appearing there.

Upgrade tower gem to level 8 or so, then put it into trap a little ahead of the mana farm

start angering the waves to about 20x the max damage of farm. Upgrade killgem to go along with it, killgem should be 2-3 grades behind.

Just keep upgrading farm, make amplifiers if possible nearby them filled with pure orange 4-5 grades lower, keep enraging waves with the highest grade you can afford that drains maximum half your current mana. Try to use up more mana on giant waves- they're slower, which is a plus they'll give more mana from the farm, and they have higher initial xp, so bombing it gives more xp.

By wave 30 you should have no problem with mana, keep doing what you did and continue until you get bored, pretty much.

Then, end the endurance and/or try and get extra achievements if you want(more mana/skillpts), then collect all your xp.

You should be at about level 160-240 at least if you did it right. If you did, great job! If you didn't, try to follow the guide closer, and of course tweak it to suit your immediate needs.

Part Two- Your second jump, from the hundreds to thousands- will be typed up later. I want to get to level 3K at least from level 2818.

• 22 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 22