ForumsThe TavernWhy aren't you as active as you could be?

27 6509
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Many of us are aware that the forum has hit one of the low points that people have traditionally complained about, but this one seems different from the other low points. In the past, the slowness has traditionally come from there not being enough active participants in the community to keep the flow of posting at an active pace, even when there were people who did their best to make up for the inactivity.

This low point now, however, puzzles me so, as the circumstances are quite different from earlier drought periods. You're all here, and we have enough people here to keep the place going almost constantly, but the amount of new posts that come in on a daily basis seems lower than it's ever been. I'm seeing threads now in the Tavern that receive 1 or 2 posts per day, and these are threads that even 6 months ago could have received 5-10 times that much attention.

Now, I'm not criticizing anyone, as we haven't even yet established the root of the problem yet; we're only seeing the effect of a problem we have not yet discovered. This is not an attack on Tavern participants or anyone in the community. This is purely for statistical purposes.

All I would like to know is, why might you be less active now than you were in the past, and what could be done to make your community experience more worthwhile? This question is aimed not at the community as a whole, but rather towards you as an individual. If you truly feel you're as active as you could be and as you want to be, there is no obligation to answer.

• 27 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Intriguing question... I wonder what the responses will come up with! =)

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Because of finals. Oh, the accursed social construct known colloquially by the name of 'school' has yet again pulled me away from my Armor Games sanctuary. But fear not, I shall soon return, for I am the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

That's... actually a good question. I think I haven't been posting more often because... I guess I've been waiting for an interesting thread to come up so I can post in it. Why are you not posting an interesting thread? You may ask me. However that's just the thing, I can't think of anything interesting.

If there were more threads that I'd be interested in, my activity might rise.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@R2D21999 Who posts the most interesting threads? Outside @Gantic, obviously.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

When forum games stopped awarding posts, I stopped logging in regularly not long afterwards. I don't know why. Forum games are still there, but it's just never been the same since.

I was also discouraged to participate once the forum was reformatted and long usernames got cut off. Only 65% of my name shows up next to my posts now, so since then, I've been on a quest to earn 200 quests to get my username changed to something shorter. Perhaps then I will be slightly more active here, once I move on from my Gemcraft phase.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I've obviously been regretting my username.

Wow not even 10 days and you regret it? Did a bunch of coworkers get you drunk and make an AG account, too? *shivers*
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Who posts the most interesting threads?

I find the ones that basically create random discussions to be interesting. Like the peeing in the shower thread. Sure it was extremely weird, but it got the job done. Random threads like that are usually the more interesting ones... to me at least.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

AP doesn't even exist anymore.

Notice how he joined after AP was removed.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

As I said in the thread about why you hate the forums, there arent enough topics being created every day. my short term memory sucks and even i can recognize the same threads on the same first page each time i come here. today had more new topics in the tavern than i have ever seen, but i also hadnt been here for 5 days so who knows..

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Because I'm lazy as can possibly be and events have caused me to be inclined to be more of a lurker

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Probably because I've left the green, tranquil meadows of school life and headed into the workforce/adult life. Meh, plus the Forums aren't as lively as usual, with the threads not piquing my interest.

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I work too much now to be online more than once or twice a week. These threads aren't much different anyway on a weekly basis. Not compared to what they used to be.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Everything has been done and we're tired of seeing the same faces everyday. Other than that, I come here basically every moment of free time I get. I have an excruciating lifestyle so it doesn't happen as often as I'd like.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Just thought of something else: A lot of unspokeness goes through here. We have a lot of silent understanding.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Mostly just waiting for someone else to post so I can reply and post again, but once that flow stops then everyone just stops. Also, I do stuff irl...

Showing 1-15 of 27