ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Crusade for a Grade 100 Gem

496 148011
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi, I am level 3142, and I am going to be the first to get a grade 100 gem.

http://i.imgur.com/LPI5mar.jpg

How did I get specs obscenely high? Well, thanks to this dude over here...

One important thing to note is how to create dual gems. Adding two grade one's them spamming U is losing about 33% special power.

Optimal creation is a G1 of both, combine, make a G2 of each, add one pure to each dual, combine the G3s, duplicate, and repeat with pure G4s, duplicate the 6, etc.

here is the difference at g34:
Regular creation:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs2c

Special Mix:
http://prntscr.com/3dgs6k

Note that the hit count is the same, and the cost to duplicate is the same. This is a difference of 32.9%, and this difference keeps rising at higher levels. It's only a 16% difference at grade 6. It takes a decent amount of time, but it is worth it at ultimate grades (45+).

I now have huge specs. It takes me about 20-30 seconds real life time to get +1 grade. So a minute before +2(needed if want extra specs). I estimate my specs to be about 80% higher than normal, at least blood is.

PS- Level 46 amps got the spec treatment too, they are wicked.
  • 496 Replies
seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

none at all - just pure power of the gem

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

ok, so it's clear that lvl 80 isn't enough to take down endurance without help from shrines. My lvl 80 YBR gem with 8 lvl 76 YB amps is pumping out ~2.1E+38 per hit, which isn't keeping up with the E+49 that we encounter around wave 800.

80 is right around the limit for any sane person. I doubt we'll see G100.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

You on haunting glaring or looming? I recall looming only having E35 at wave 700.....doesn't seem right - This was on F4. Grade 56 gem faltered at E30 but continued to find out wave hp on looming.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

looming. I'm at wave 910 right now and they have E54

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

are you on one of the f fields where the base Hp is far lower?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

F1 is easiest endurance :3

I've actually gotten near wave 100 a few times on the earlier fields. Also coming close to the X hextile...just have to bolt, level, and grind my way through hextile T.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i might decide to take the title from you thunderrider

ive been buisy at college and not touched the game till now, but ive been furiously leveling, im around level 2000 and only about halfway through the actual progression of the game, ill probably beat the final battly at wizard level 5k-10k+

and yes i understand the exponential nature of the wizard level, it seems to be a linear increase still whcih means total xp is 4x higher for a wizard level 2x higher

i believe i held the gemcraft labyrinth record of a grade 55 gem, sure someone might have beat it but i never saw a screenshot of it

in chapter 0 i was one of maybe 5 guys i saw who did the 228 wave challenge, i think i had a grade 22 gem then which i never saw higher than, supergemming a grade 15 was still stronger but i made the gem as an anger gem for wave 91 giants (and yes thats combining 2^16 grade 6s by hand)

maybe theres silent players out there who dont like to post their achievements but i watch these threads on armorgames and kongregate forums and it throughout the gemcraft series i think ive had the "highest grade gem" record every time.

My downfall might be the number of creatures i can hold on screen, i havent tested my limits in chasing shadows, most ive gone too was 5k but i know in labyrinth the lag became unbearable at 10k mosters on board, so thats a sever disadvantage if i cant hold more than that on my mana gem and someone with a better computer could hold 40k.

for now im still leveling, i dont think ive gone past grade 60 mana/kill gems in my 2-3 big endurance games so far but i wont be attempting for a real gem until i get the proper talisman setup im after.

feels good to come out of "gemcraft retirement" as a casual player and go back to chasing records, i shuold start making serious attempts within a week or so, goodluck thunderrider.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

Conner - yes, I'm on F6, looming, with only Orblets:

http://i.imgur.com/9n5TIcK.png

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

It becomes barely possible to level past level 4000. My friend Praetorias(on GC CS comments) showed me a pic- He's level 4001, it takes him 13 trillion xp to go up a single level. His total xp is almost 2 quadrillion. In contrast, I'm level 3142 with 9 trillion xp. I don't think it's possible to get level 5000, but good luck lol.

Hmm well on GC0 I hold the record for the very best 228wave start(unspeedhacked/macroed), on kong I got a picture of 17 billion points, full manafarm wave 23, about 250K damage I believe, at wave 28ish.

I've never beaten it but I have gotten 1 trillion points only about 2 waves after Munch(he was like wave 73ish, I got it at 75/76).

On GCL my max grade is 45, simply because its a little boring there. Plus....a maximum xp. Here there isn't(but again good luck getting more than like level 4100).

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well thats unfortunate, the curve must change dramatically later on because ive observed the linear trend up until now

and yea i did the math and the max xp you can get within reason for a single endurance run is around 10t, so if that is the case ill probably not get past 3500 then

this is fine though because you only need something like 3k points to get all maxed skills, the rest is just intial mana

the biggest thing im hunting for before starting this is the talismans, specicially the +skill ones

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Praetorias got 1.6 quadrillion from a run, but that obviously was with shrines, and he had a macro to help him anger 200+ waves to E300 hp with about 1000 bombs each. Yeah, not feasible.

Level needed to max all skills: level 3694.

Formula-

(45 * 25 * ((45 + 1) / 2) - 30) / 7, + 1.

45 = Skillcap
25 = #skills
45+1/2 = average number of points to go up a level(23)
-30 = Pouch
/7 Points per level
+1. No points at level 1.

= 3693.14, round up to 3694 levels needed.

+skill bonus appears on level 60+. +to all is on level 70+ talisman. Note- Even level 90s may not have +all. Only 100 is guaranteed.

Hope I helped.

Now, onto my new run-

Right before first large upgrade. Been stepping time to grind the most efficiency(so no delay with pausing, etc).

http://i.imgur.com/5uVTlEi.jpg

How to combine Main Gem:

G1 O, G1 R, G1 Blue, G1 Blk.

G3.

Duplicate.

Create G3 O G3 Blk

Combine pures with quads.

Grade 5.

Repeat with grade 5s, grade 7s, till

grade 9.

Second Grade 9:

2 G1 O G1 R G1 Blk

G3.

Duplicate.

2 G1 Blk, G1 O, G1 R

G3

Duplicate.

combine both Black oriented with orange oriented, not with each other.

G5.

Duplicate, do the other grade 9 steps.

G9.

Combine.

G10.

Finish.

My amps are 3/4 black 1/4 orange.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

http://i.imgur.com/7mOJDMB.jpg

Grade 10 -> Grade 22 -> Grade 32.

You can see now, with amps, even at grade 32, blood outstrips pool(from my poolbound experiences, I think they have about 170 multiplier at grade 30ish).

I hope to get grade 50 or so before wave 4 opens.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Mission Success.

I now hold the record for "quickest Grade 50"

Before, my best was right before wave 7. Think Praetorias beat that 2 days later with before wave 6(?)

Well I blew everybody out because....in 3 waves....

http://i.imgur.com/gkGntEy.jpg

Edit: Actually my old record was by wave 4.5 earlier in this thread. I don't think anyone has beaten that, yet. =) I'm great with efficiency, I hold THE best start for GC0's 228 wave challenge w/o a macro or speedhack(full maxed supergemmed manafarm by wave 22.5, 1 billion by wave 23, almost 20 billion points by wave 29, and over 100K supergemmed damage already, angering to 6 million hp and each wave almost 1.5 million base points, 900k pool).

So. Can anyone beat it? I'd love to see =) I'm not sure if I can even beat this.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

So....I blew up my gem by experimenting with pure O, OB, variations, and B, on upgrading.

Pure B amps are the best(everyone knows that now).

But....I seem to get about like +5-10% B per upgrade, which is horrid. Managain is more like +25% per level, which is better....but if you use pure O, blood diminishes. So now this run I'm trying with specced method, duplicate, create same grade pure O and dual OB, add, combine. Will it be better? I can later compare to my earlier pics, so we'll see....it should be, from estimating with Gremlion's Formula(see How to Mix Colors Well 4th page, 38th post).

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Bad news. Cannot compare it...+1 hit level and my G50 pic doesn't have amps....*facepalm*

Showing 106-120 of 496