ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Perfect Mana Farm

44 16984
xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

Moin (greeting from north germay ),

i want to create the perfect mana farm(MF).
What i have found out so far:
Do not use Blue in your MF. BlackOR is way better. You can still get +1k monsters on one Trap.
put a BlueRBack(W) in the trap where your MF will be. Set the Gem to Random. Anger a wave of very slow Giants to +1e21 hp. make sure no speed up beacons are on the way to your MF. Have 2 freeze spells ready. when there are 200 or so monsters on the slowing gem: freeze them. just the ones on the trap, not the ones before! wait a little till there are more and freeze again. repeat. if you run out of freese spells: send some(2 or 3) more not enraged waves in and/or use a shrine of focus. when you have enough monsters on the trap change it with your mana-gain gem. keep on freezing the monsters. freeze spell will add up. i had a monster frozen for 300 sec max. in the last game; ingame time. with this technique you can have your leaching monster like forever on the trap.

more in the next post.

• 44 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Do use blue. Without it in the farm, I have mega trouble in keeping 5k+ monsters from overflowing.

With it I've easily held 11k+ monsters on ONE TILE. This is ESSENTIAL if you are serious about manafarming.

Also, anger only with grade 1s for mana. Early waves give fail xp anyway. Anger with g1s till E22 armor, mana farm WILL NEVER EVER kill these beasts.....but when you have enough mana, simply enhance some gem with bolt and they will all die in one shot...

Much more efficient- Grade 64 wave 11 speaking. And yes it was ROBBlue.

Note1: Don't add blue or red(add red only until grade 7ish, to keep it from ever being fully squished and vanishing(with a dual gem 1 g1 red + everything else black, red vanished at grade 40)) once you make your initial grade 3 from a grade 1 of each type. Black will max blue and increase red to ridiculous heights. Thus, it's more like a dual gem - maybe 10% specs. In other words, better than a triple ROB.

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

i have serious lag with more than +1k monsters on a +50 Gem. so i dont use blue but freezing spell... works better for me.. even if i was able to have +10k monsters on a trap, reducing spell recharge time by sending some waves early would freeze the monsters like forever.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

With maxed freeze, +duration, and a few +skills, you don't need to call any waves. Lag at 1k monsters? Joke. If you want to know what lag is, play GC0 lol. Seriously... one third the monsters(4K vs 12K), triple the lag(0.5 instead of 1.5 frame/sec.

tsuhatehk
tsuhatehk
20 posts
Scribe

Support : Use blue gems
Suggest: OBRW after sending all wave and freeze all monsters with hundreds of seconds

Will it work?

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

i have a game running since this morning ( germany,with breaks of 3 hours).
highest gem lvl 68. all waves gone; 921 monsters frozen on the map.think about 800 on my traps; endurance not started. i will keep on till my traps kill the 1e24 monsters
about 1k monsters gives me more mana/_real time_ than 10k monstres for me...
http://imgur.com/XCr62v3

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

http://i.imgur.com/XCr62v3.png

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

i think about adding a yellow gem to that one later.

seanhates
seanhates
41 posts
Scribe

this is from an active game, current level 78. Used to optimal combining techniques laid out in other threads. Left is with lvl 72 amps, right without

http://i.imgur.com/mqA5zUA.png

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Xroads, frankly, I'm baffled. Only 900 monsters? With 900 monsters I just tested it earlier and I gain about 1/6th the mana with 6000 monsters, which seems correct.....how? May I ask please???

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

how much hits do you have for a lvl 68 gem? compare with my post earlier.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

About 63 million. But that keep in mind was at wave 14. what wave are you on? Obviously the more waves, the more hits. I was gaining about 8 million hits per wave or more.

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

how many hits per "update"(leaving the coursour on the gem an displaying the ? i think this is what we need to look at.
i get around 20k hits with about 800 monsters on my main MF-Gem i think.

i stopped the old game. got to slow for me... but i think i was at wave 80 or so for lvl 68 gem. but i send a lot of waves early to get more spell recharge. but compared with other games it was in realtime a lot faster.

7hits
7hits
5 posts
Peasant

Hey guys, i'm lv 272 and i my MF sucks rly i didnt get more than 2e6 xp from 160 waves, would u be so kind and make a video from ur beginning of the lvl i think there is my error..(my kill gem is g4black g4yell g2red, mf 4g1o 3g1b 1g1r)

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Xroads...updates vary in length in frames based on framerate.

I get an update around every 8-10 frames, at 1 frame/second, getting 12Kish hits per update. I got G68 wave 14, obviously I'd have less hits than you, less time has passed....

Zwolin
Zwolin
17 posts
Nomad

@7hits

I jumped from lvl ~180 to 350 by simply maxing Poolbound, putting some points in chainhit and creating 1/1 RW gem and adding White only afterwards. No mana farming. Test some taits and I would try early fields at the beginning ( no, this no longer works on X :P). As I said this should give you some extra lvls making manafarming much easier (extra skillpoints are really useful).

Than I would set up Poolbound manafarming on X4 ( that got from lvl 400 to 1500 in one run) I would try black gems after that.

Showing 1-15 of 44