Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Gemcraft CS: Perfect Mana Farm

Posted May 10, '14 at 11:29pm

thunderrider

thunderrider

645 posts

Seems very complicated, what does it do exactly? Increase specs? By more than 60%? If less it's not worth it. Specced inc by 42%, Supergem inc by 63%

Posted May 11, '14 at 12:51am

ConnerC

ConnerC

652 posts

my supergem increases 3.12x mana per 5x cost, so roughly 63% per grade

Posted May 11, '14 at 2:09am

Kreistor

Kreistor

34 posts

Increases effectiveness of specials only: in Labyrinth it affected damage, too. I'm not deep into the game yet, so I can't tell you how effective it is for the Pouch players. But for me, 20% is certainly worth a little trouble.

Posted May 11, '14 at 3:36am

thunderrider

thunderrider

645 posts

That's what I just said, Conner.

Posted May 11, '14 at 5:06am

psorek

psorek

448 posts

This "weaving" is exactly the same as specced upgrading technique. It may be a little faster if you learn this pattern well, it just does not 2 but 4 grades at once.

Posted May 11, '14 at 6:03am

thunderrider

thunderrider

645 posts

oh.

Posted May 11, '14 at 11:07am

gberwick

gberwick

9 posts

I'm sorry, this had to be ask a billion time, but is there a post that explains every technic because I have a hard time understanding clearly how to and what are the increases/drawbacks/costs.
- Classic upgrading
- Specced??
- Supergem??
- Weaving??
Thanks for your help.
Love this game!

Posted May 11, '14 at 12:13pm

Kreistor

Kreistor

34 posts

Classic upgrading = Just hit U on the gem.
As I said, the term Weaving was from Labyrinth: it sounds like the CS guys rediscovered the technique and gave it the name Spec. A rose is a rose.

In Labyrinth, Weaving was a huge time saver for Endurance mode, despite it being fiddly. The Mana bar operated very differently. The Grade 4 Weaving technique I describe may be useless in CS: I just am not there yet to check, but the few videos I watched suggest that it isn't necessary.

In Labyrinth, if you could make a G21 gem from a full mana pool, it might take 10 minutes to double the mana pool size so you could make a G22. Since the Mana Pool refilled instantaneously (with a good mana farm, and it became easier on later waves as your pool increased), you could just hold the D button and fill up with 36 L21's in seconds. Shift-G them into one L26 gem. That took 10 seconds instead of an hour waiting for the pool to grow to make a G26 in one go. Using the Weaving technique on top of this raised Specials the same way, so this lowered the Grade of gem you needed to complete Endurance (from Grade 28 to Grade 27, for instance) which further cut the time necessary. All this meant that getting your kill tower up to where you could finish off all 1337 waves could be dropped from 30 minutes to 20 minutes, if you wove your gems properly. Endurance XP in Labyrinth was by wave, and capped by monster (easily achieved), so once your kill tower could kill wave 1337 Enraging more was pointless.

And looking at the following may also save some time for you. All gems below are Grade 6 Crit+Chain (yellow-red) with Level 20 true Color and Crit (no MP yet, so can't do Chain).

Upgraded (no weaving, just hit U on a G1 combine until it was G6)
Damage 184-423
Range 6.8
1.46 sps
33% x3.25
1.52 Chain

1x Weaved (Combine two G3's for the dual, then dupe and weave once with G4's)
Damage 187-423
Range 6.8
1.47 sps
37% x3.48
1.56 Chain

2x Weaved (Combine G1's for the initial dual, weave and weave again)
Damage 193-418
Range 6.8
1.47 sps
38% x3.58
1.57 Chain

From this, if you are starting a new high level Dual gem, and don't have a woven gem to start with, the benefit of multiple Weavings is very weak. It's the last weaving that matters most. Someone with a pool larger than mine might be able to post G8 or G12 weaves for comparison.

Posted May 11, '14 at 12:32pm

thunderrider

thunderrider

645 posts

On crusade for G100 genm, I posted grade 50 dual orange blacks, one I'd, one specced, and one supergemmed. A page or two back, check it out I calculated how much % each was better than U.

Posted Jul 4, '14 at 4:54pm

mysticwriter612

mysticwriter612

23 posts

I was mana farming using 4 traps (2 slow/chain, 2 mana/chain) and after seeing the above image I changed to one trap with the quad displayed. It's definitely netting me a lot more exp on maps however...

One thing that seems to elude my understanding is how exactly you get so many monsters stuck. Even with slow at it's capped 90% with a lot of chain I doubt (idk how to tell the number) I have anywhere near 900+ monsters on one tile. What happens for me when doing the quad black/red/orange/blue (I don't add blue once its at 90%) is it instantly kills things, then all of a sudden it'll just hold on to a wave or two then they break free. Freeze seems to help me hold another wave but that's about it. What the heck am I missing??

Please understand that I do not understand most of the terminology. I've only been doing mana farm for a week and even with my failed mana farm, compared to what I was doing, I feel like I am hacking xD I finally broke 2,000,000,000 mana. So please dumb down the terminology =)

Edit: Oh and I also surround my trap gem with amps using red/orange/black. I am assuming once slow is at 90% its useless to pump up further. Perhaps someone could also share what skills they have to what levels? Again I am level 320. Best I've been able to mana farm for exp was, on the very first map, 5mil exp. I've only tried the new quad method (again, based off of the above image) for a few maps. I just can't comprehend how the heck to get thousands of monsters stuck on one tile =(

last edited Jul 04 2014 04:57 pm by mysticwriter612

Reply to Gemcraft CS: Perfect Mana Farm

You must be logged in to post a reply!