ForumsQuestsDead Zed 2 Quests

59 97704
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Defend your position from hordes of incoming undead while grabbing these new Quests for Dead Zed 2. Can you collect them all or will the zombies completely take over?

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/b75dda22cfc021b8aba41340ce4b8772.png?v=1398788928&vv=1398962097
Furry friend
Find the cat survivor.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/1b87896ad31e82cb9c6c8ee0a6dad07b.png?v=1398788900&vv=1398962126
It's me, Mario
Kill 50 plumber zombies.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/cbe509f8d57ae741f913b0c6b23269fa.png?v=1398789089&vv=1398961889
Survivor
Complete the game.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/e829b0d6d5befb1c05e9e7a9a1314374.png?v=1398789065&vv=1398961924
The Collection
Find all the weapons.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/eb89c21822f879427de993c911c47aa4.png?v=1398789041&vv=1398961949
Tough Guy
Finish the game without repairing.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/2793c7ba3217ee63dd87f101ef2510c3.png?v=1398789015&vv=1398961983
High Explosives
Kill 7 zombies in a single explosion.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/c16bb36d6840fcc33067b35723aca2f5.png?v=1398788985&vv=1398962021
Explorer
Search all the locations in the town.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15850/media/icon/b91ee1aeebdbd46421f9d0b993ccf821.png?v=1398788961&vv=1398962061
Marksman
Make 35 headshots with the Remington rifle in one round.

• 59 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm not sure, but I didn't find the feline all the way, but once I completed it, I found it (though I was not searching a survivor building). Does it unlock at the end if you haven't found it yet?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

I find the suggestions interesting as I was unable to ever accumulate any survivors. I failed both attempts to play the game because I went like 5-10 turns with zero survivors and then when I did find any they died instantly. It seems to me that succeeding at anything in the game is mostly a matter of luck and not skill or strategy. Needless to say, it made the quests impossible.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Erile - then you need to pay attention to stats when allocating survivors. If you lost that many survivors it means you just blindly allocated extra ones to scavenging that had very low survivability and chance to remain undetected, and were probably just dropping in as many as you could.

Adding a 1/1/1 HURTS your chances of scavenging successfully.

There is honestly no reason to put more than 2 survivors at a time for scavenging, my second run I explored every area and found every weapon before the 40 day mark without ever putting more than 2 survivors in to scavenging.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I find the suggestions interesting as I was unable to ever accumulate any survivors. I failed both attempts to play the game because I went like 5-10 turns with zero survivors and then when I did find any they died instantly. It seems to me that succeeding at anything in the game is mostly a matter of luck and not skill or strategy. Needless to say, it made the quests impossible.

Radio Tower should be the first thing you ever get, plus never add more than 2 survivors ( 3 searching and good melee/shooting stats if possible) to the search party. Try not to search much until you have the Tower. I did my first run with zero survivors aside from my assistant, but after following the suggestions, I ended up with 30 odd people. I don't think it's a matter of luck!
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser
I never had survivors (plural) to allocate. I only found one in each game, and they died within one turn regardless of allocation. I didn't 'blindly allocate' survivors and I never had a 1/1/1. Essentially, I always had zero survivors total and was not able to get far without them.

@nichodemus
Because I had no survivors, I could not get far enough to get the Radio Tower. I know from previous games how important that is, but it is impossible without any survivors to help you. I didn't have an assistant that survived and I never had survivors (plural) to allocate.

That's why I called it luck, because even getting one survivor to be your assistant appears to be based on luck.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Erile : Look at the image below. I placed a survivor with 2 or 3 search skills and preferably 2 melee in my search party every time. This increases the chance for you to find loot/weapons/survivors. Look at the stats underneath the search party! Keep it at the level % shown and you should be fine!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/14093064876_3697dd5a5e_b_d.jpg

You don't need any survivors helping out with shooting/melee to defend the compound for the first 5/6 waves. All you need to do is aim carfully and kill all the zombies approaching and you can easily progress.

The luck factor is in play for this game, but it is set at such a level that the game is playable through to the end without that much of a problem. I played it through 5 times to complete every single Quest for the game and I made it to the 40 day rescue marker every time. =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Because I had no survivors, I could not get far enough to get the Radio Tower. I know from previous games how important that is, but it is impossible without any survivors to help you. I didn't have an assistant that survived and I never had survivors (plural) to allocate.

Mhmm....well, I did the first 5 levels or so with just my pistol, without searching for anything. Then I dumped all my hours into Radio Tower. Started searching, kept the first survivor as my assistant. It's not luck getting the first few survivors, just good aiming. Other than that, I'm curious as to how so many of your survivors died. It's really down to bad luck if your entire search party dies each time you send them out, but your shooters and melee survivors would probably never die. Alternatively, only start adding melee survivors when your shooter slots are filled up. I only started adding people for melee near the end of the second map, they're not very crucial. Maybe that'll help.
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@nichodemus @MrDayCee

I played the game twice.. I did the first 5-6 rounds with just the pistol by myself with zero (0) survivors. I received one (1) survivor total each time after that, and both times that one died instantly.

One time, I put one in a search party (they had 2/2/3 or something like that), and they died instantly.

One time, I put one as my assistant, and they died instantly.

So I never got any survivors to use. Given this scenario, 1) you can't search successfully, and 2) you can't fight successfully as the waves increase in difficulty.

This means you have zero money/time to put toward anything except repair and you quickly lose like that. If you have zero survivors, how can you search, fight, earn successfully?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

There is something weird about what you described there @Erile... your assistant can not die, he is at your side during the defending of the compound! Are you sure this is what happened? =/

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It didn't happen to me, to lose all my survivors, but I can see how it could happen. You have to search in order to find more survivors and if they die there's no way you can gain more. (Or at least I'm confident that's the only way to gain survivors).

Maybe this could make things easier, although it's untested. Perhaps, only search locations that have survivor in the description when your game first begins in order to build up a survivor pool. Also, try to only use one or two survivors in your searches and make sure they have the highest survivability percentage possible. Also, to save time, if you aren't getting a decent amount of survivors early on (maybe the first 5 or so rounds), just restart the game and see if you can get a larger pool of survivors early on.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Reton8 - there's no need to even do that. I just did it twice again to prove how little RNG actually affects it.

For the first few days the levels are so easy don't shoot them until they're halfway across the field. Then make sure you headshot everything. A headshot is worth twice as much as a regular kill.

@Erlie - I'll say it again. If you're losing survivors that easily you are allocating survivors with poor stats to scavenge, or trying to search harder locations too fast. More is NOT better. You should never have more than 2 survivors in a search party, and they need to have a 3 in at least 1 combat stat and a 2 in scavenge.

Don't change the target locations you search, leave them on default.

The first few waves are so easy, let them get closer and focus on getting headshots to get extra points. With just a decent amount of headshots you can buy the radio tower on day 4-5. After that and just a few searches you should have more survivors than you care about.

To prove it I just did it twice again. First time, didn't search anything except the first location to get the bow, was able to build the Radio Tower on day 5 (came up like 15 time short of getting it on day 4). Had 7 survivors by day 10.

Second time, I let the initial survivor search every day. Still had the Radio Tower on day 6, 6 survivors on day 10.

After that the game just becomes easy. There's nothing useful to spend extra time on except explosives, and with the hunting rifle you don't even need them anyway. Fire hunting rifle, swap to whatever secondary weapon you have while assistant reloads, swap back to hunting rifle as soon as its ready, repeat.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@MrDayCee
Sorry, my fault that I was not clear - that time they died as I got overrun
@Olinser
Please please please read what I said. I had zero survivors. If I had 1 survivor search, they died on the first search in the first building. I never successfully searched anything or changed the search location. I never did any of the things you said because they were impossible.

In the end, I think there is just a chance then that you don't get a survivor and you lose. And I hit the odds on that twice. Maybe I'll try again sometime later - you tend to write something off when it has a random instal-kill chance..

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@Erile - please please please read what I said, do it, and stop whining.

The only reason you have zero survivors is you are sending out survivors with a low chance of surviving (heh heh heh puns are fun), or searching excessively before building the radio tower.

Other than the first few days, a single person has low odds of survival.

A 2 person team of a 1/2/3 and a 2/3/1 has a 53% chance of remaining undetected and an 80% chance of surviving and a 53% chance of finding something. Meaning that you have only a 9% chance of losing a survivor with just those 2, and a less than 1% chance of losing both. Adding a 3rd survivor actually DECREASES the odds of them surviving.

Heck go the survival route and send out 2 2/3/1 survivors, they have a 64% chance of remaining undetected and an 89% chance of survival - meaning there is a less than 4% chance of one of them dying.

I'll say it real slow, one more time.

1) STOP SEARCHING, stock up time, focus on headshots.

2) Build radio tower on day 4-6.

3) Send out 2 party scavenger teams.

4) Faceroll to victory (at least until about wave 30 when you have to be reasonable accurate to take zero damage, but with nothing else to spend time on you can get 3 C4 every wave anyway).

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser

Everything you said I did is still completely wrong and based on100% false assumptions about the situation which contradict every post I made above.

I had ZERO survivors because I STARTED with ZERO survivors. I had ZERO survivors because they died on the very first day. I had ZERO survivors because they died from causes OTHER THAN searching.

I NEVER had 2 or 3 survivors and I NEVER did searching except the first day.

I am retiring from this thread.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Erile, are you sure you are talking about the same game? I played a very similar game to Dead Zed 2 that had survivors, zombies, and areas to search (and it wasn't The Last Stand Dead Zone). Are you sure it was not that game you are playing?

For Dead Zed 2, I think survivors can only die when searching. Perhaps you game has a glitch or something went wrong? Or if someone can confirm that survivors can die in other ways, but I confident searching is the only way your survivors will die.

Also, If you started with zero survivors or your survivor died on the first day why did you continue to play? Just restart the game, it's not like you had sunk a large deal of time into the game at that point.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you have had a negative experience playing this game. :[

Showing 16-30 of 59