ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Great Debates: Signup List (Round 6)

107 59720
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

If you'd like to participate in The Great Debates, then simply state your interest in this thread.
Please read the rules and regulations on the main debating thread: click here

CURRENT TOPICS:

1) Which is more valuable: butterflies or moths?

2) Is it better to believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy?

3) If a car explodes in the middle of a parking lot with no one around, does it make a sound?

N.B. This is just the signup list. The debate itself will take place on the main thread (linked above).
Also keep in mind that your topic will be chosen at random!

• 107 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

If it isn't too late, I'd really like to sign up.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

I'll sign up.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Time to flex my brain matter.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Okay, sign me up

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Just a quick reminder: The signups are going to close early Saturday morning, with the debates starting shortly thereafter. So if you're interested, make sure to put your name down before it's too late!

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I'll sign up too, but I'm just saying that I can't write very big passages for the debate. I just can't. But I'll state my opinion with everything I've got!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I've been tardy about this....have a few half written, half researched posts chucked away for various rounds that I've never gotten round to doing.

I'll try to get something done this round, now that I have more time on my hands! Perhaps you can count me in! Just on the dot for signups.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I have room for 1 more person (we're at 11 right now). The questions are ready to go, but I'd like an even number of people. So get in quick - the sign up will close when either a) the next person signs up, or b) I get tired of waiting.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Welcome to round 6! Please sign your name below if you want to debate (and please only sign up if you're going to participate). And remember to take a look at the questions in the TGD thread in the WEPR. You can pick up to 3 questions that you'd like to answer (remember to list them in order of preference) - though I can't promise that you'll get the question you want.

Happy debating!

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

What does "WEPR" mean?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Sorry about that. It's stands for World Events, Politics, and Religion. That's where the thread with the questions are. Here's the link - the questions are at the bottom of the page:
armorgames.com/community/thread/12300764/the-great-debates-round-6-pg-17/page/17

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I'd like to sign up for round 6. I even signed my name, see?

Signature: HahiHa

Questions I'd like to debate on are # 5, 4 and 1 (in order of preference).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I'd sign up for it as well. Don't have a preference for any question, stepping out of comfort zones here!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Signing up It's always fun to talk logically!

Edited by Moe for ease of access:

2) Chairs are more valuable than tables.
3) Are humans superior to all other organisms?
5) Suppose the field of robotics reaches the point that we develop androids - robots that are designed to act and look like humans. Should these androids have rights like humans?

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

(I'm) Signing up... I'm not sure if it's a good idea...

Edited by Moe for ease of access:
QUESTIONS:
3) Are humans superior to all other organisms?
4) Should humans put more resources into space exploration?
6) It would be better to be a bird than a dog

Showing 76-90 of 107