ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78286 45597809
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,286 Replies
Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

Admin you better come and see my life-time achievement! And reward me!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. Mom if you read this: I'm so proud of myself. I did something wonderful today. I proved, that I can count to 100. There were many obstacles in my mind like: "I don't have any idea what to write, and no wanna spam ;(" "What was after 44..." but I've managed to overcome them. And seriosuly thanks @Majestic_Fish & @Hardstrike we did a great job. And I also thank others who counted before - we did a good job with getting off the mods and admins with talking about science. We are the BEST!

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

2. That was the best thank you speech I ever read. It was an honour to make your mom proud. Hopefully my mom, who is up there..... in Canada, will see my deeds and recognize me as her child. Thank you PolandGuy and KingFish for your patience. We shall do this again....... probably tomorrow.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

3. I won't do a speech, just gonna talk about my obstacles. My biggest wall was my broken phone, which I still prefer over iphone, and the last minute problem of doing the bed, which I defeated by procrastinating. I'm so worthy of this achievement. Still, thanks HeadShot and PL.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

We shall do this again....... probably tomorrow.

Well that's what they call "throwing down the gauntlet"

Haha you maybe overemphasise a bit about the best "thank you speech" (if that wasn't an irony LOL).
I don't think that our moms really care about such "achievements" but anyway it was cool to do it in that PRO style

@Majestic_Fish You are worthy indeed I know how much harder it is to post via phone. Good you didn't procrastinated the counting

I will help you tomorrow however I can - but I don't promise THAT activity. About 9.00 is when I start doin the job so I'll throw something earlier and on breaks

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

5. Pl, we were still following the order for 4 numbers xD

Benjamslikestrains
Benjamslikestrains
8 posts
Jester

6. I don't understand how I keep forgetting to continue counting after a start counting and just go to sleep and forget what I was doing. I'll try to be more active.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

7. Your Majesty this order has become an unconditional reflex ^^
According to what you wrote: swearing doesn't disqualify us. This is a forum rule not counting... And that was just censored damr -_-'

@Benjamslikestrains There will be more chances to get da quest for sure There are at least 5 pro counters now in our team, and maybe you are another?

Ramit12
Ramit12
2,966 posts
Baron

(8) Note to self: Try to stay online more often to not miss a successful count.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

(9) - huh. A count that actually got to 100.

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up, though. A few three- or four-word (and quite spammy) posts would be OK, but a few dozen? :/ In Gantic's times, attempts have been discounted for much less. Well, let's see what MDC says.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

10. Since we seem to be having problems with short posts, I shall take care to avoid doing that.
The 2017 America's Cup was the 35th staging of the America's Cup yacht race. The challenger, Emirates Team New Zealand, won by a score of 7 to 1 over the defender, Oracle Team USA. It was held on the Great Sound in Bermuda from June 17 to June 26. The races were conducted using hydrofoiling AC50 America's Cup Class yachts, which are slightly larger than the AC45F yachts used in the 2015–16 America's Cup World Series.

It was Oracle's second defense of the America's Cup, four years after its first successful defense. Emirates Team New Zealand will now hope to defend the cup in the 36th America's Cup.[3][4]

Contents [hide]
1 Venue
2 Challenger of Record
3 Rule changes
4 Teams
5 Technology
6 Qualifying events
7 Cup Match
8 References
9 External links
Venue[edit]
The 2017 America's Cup course was on the Great Sound in Bermuda.

In June 2014, media reported the venue of the 34th America's Cup, San Francisco, was no longer in consideration to host the 35th edition. San Diego, Chicago and Bermuda were listed as being still in the running.[5] In July 2014, americascup.com reported that Chicago was dropped from the running,[6] and finally on 2 December 2014, Bermuda was announced as the host of the 2017 America's Cup. The Premier of Bermuda, Michael Dunkley, welcomed the teams, sponsors, and spectators at a press conference in New York.[7]

The financial package included in the bid by Bermuda was worth approximately US$77 million, including a $15 million sponsorship fee, $25 million for infrastructure improvements, $12 million operating costs and a $25 million guarantee against commercial sponsorships. Dr. Grant Gibbons, Bermuda's Minister for Economic Development, stated that the America's Cup had a possibility of generating revenue of up to US$250 million in Bermuda.[8]

Security arrangements at the Dockyard were assumed by HM's Royal Bermuda Regiment after termination of contract between the local security provider and the AC35.

Challenger of Record[edit]
Main article: 2017 Louis Vuitton Cup
On 1 October 2013, Australia's Hamilton Island Yacht Club[9] was confirmed as the "Challenger of Record" for the 35th America's Cup,[10] after submitting their paperwork only moments after the win by Oracle Team USA. The HIYC challenge was accepted by the Golden Gate Yacht Club, who was the Defender and Trustee of the America's Cup.[11] Australian businessman Bob Oatley, founder of Rosemount and owner of famed super maxi yacht Wild Oats XI, was confirmed to be the main financial backer of the Hamilton Island Yacht Club challenge.[12]

On 19 July 2014 Russell Coutts, Director of the America's Cup Event Authority (ACEA), announced that the Hamilton Island Yacht club had withdrawn Team Australia from the 35th America's Cup.[13][14] Team Australia claimed that the entry fee rules agreed to in the official protocol created too much risk due to the uncertainty of the then unknown venue and schedule of the event.

The Challenger of Record Committee (CORC) represents all of the challengers' interests and negotiates with Oracle over mutual concerns.[15] Luna Rossa replaced HIYC as the challenger of record.[16] In April 2015, Luna Rossa withdrew its challenge bid, pulling out of the 2017 America's Cup in protest at rule changes reducing the size of the boats.[17]

Rule changes[edit]
On 5 June 2014, it was announced that the regatta would be sailed in 62-foot-long (18.9 m) foiling catamarans, the AC62. The entry fee was $3 million. Each challenging team could only build one boat while Oracle Team USA could build two.[18] A nationality rule was agreed, requiring 25% of the crew to be from the entry's country. This nationality rule had been lifted prior to the 2003 America's Cup. The rules specify the weight of each sailor, which must average 87.5 kg. The neutral International adjudicating yachting panel was dropped in favour of a three-man panel appointed by the defender.

In March 2015, the teams voted to reduce the size of the boats to the 45- to 50-foot range,[19] leading to the withdrawal in protest of Luna Rossa. This in turn led to a joint statement from four teams attacking Team New Zealand which had supported Luna Rossa.[20]

Teams[edit]
The America's Cup was contested by its defender Oracle Team USA, who represent the Golden Gate Yacht Club. The challenger was Emirates Team New Zealand, for Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron, who had defeated the other four challengers to win the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup Challenger Playoffs trophy.[21][22][23]

Technology[edit]
Teams were allowed to take onedesign AC45s out of measurement by modifying crossbeams, wings and rudders, adding hydraulic systems, as well as produce a maximum of six custom daggerboards to test on the existing platform ahead of building their race boat. All teams took advantage of this opportunity: Oracle Racing modified three AC45s, selling their first development boat to SoftBank Team Japan as part of their technology-sharing agreement and subsequently conducted a two-boat testing program with their last two boats; Land Rover BAR modified three AC45s and conducted a two-boat testing program with their last two boats; Artemis Racing modified two AC45s and conducted a two-boat testing program with them. Groupama Team France, Luna Rossa and Emirates Team New Zealand modified one AC45 each.[24] Luna Rossa later gifted their boat to Team New Zealand.[25]

Emirates Team New Zealand also modified SL33 foiling wingsail catamarans to try new ideas for its race boat, in which they produced a number of distinct features absent from other boats in the fleet: The two four-handed grinding pedestals on their development AC45 were replaced by four cycling stations; Peter Burling was the only helmsman to be relieved of daggerboard controls in order to focus on steering only; instead cyclor Blair Tuke undertook daggerboard deployment, trim and overall responsibility of pitch angle and ride height; Daggerboards were lengthier than those of other teams by virtue of a distinct dihedral bend in the middle of the hydrofoil tip.[26]

The rise in foiling catamarans encouraged competing teams to enter into technical partnerships with companies specializing in aerospace technologies. Land Rover BAR allied with Red Bull Advanced Technologies, headed by ten-time Formula 1 World Constructor's Championship car designer Adrian Newey. Oracle Team USA entered a technical partnership with Airbus. Artemis Racing allied with high performance engineering giant Cosworth. Luna Rossa Challenge had partnered with Lenovo to analyze and predict race simulations, assisting in the design of their boat.

Qualifying events[edit]
Main articles: 2015–16 America's Cup World Series and 2017 Louis Vuitton Cup
The America's Cup World Series was won by Land Rover BAR, earning two points to take into the 2017 Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers Round. The runner up was Oracle Team USA, earning one point to take into the Qualifiers Round.[27]

Oracle Team USA won the 2017 Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers Round, earning one point to take into the 2017 America's Cup competition. Emirates Team New Zealand, Land Rover BAR, Artemis Racing and SoftBank Team Japan advanced from the 2017 Louis Vuitton America's Cup Qualifiers Round to the Challenger Playoffs Semi-finals, while Groupama Team France was eliminated from further competition.[28]

Emirates Team New Zealand eliminated Land Rover BAR in the 2017 Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger Playoffs Semi-finals, advancing to the Challenger Playoffs against Artemis Racing who had eliminated SoftBank Team Japan in the other semi-final.[28]

Emirates Team New Zealand won the 2017 Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger Playoffs Final against Artemis, 5–2, advancing to face Oracle Team USA in the 2017 America's Cup.[28]

Cup Match[edit]
Races were held from 17 June. The first team to seven points wins and becomes the Defender of the America's Cup. Due to Oracle Team USA's win in the America's Cup Qualifiers, Emirates Team New Zealand started the match with a score of −1.

Wins marked in green
Date United States Oracle Team USA New Zealand Emirates Team New Zealand Delta Score
United States New Zealand
pre-match qualifiers' champion 0 −1
17 June 21'37.697" 21'07.495" 00'30.202" 0 0
23'08.208" 21'40.662" 01'27.546" 0 1
18 June 20'02.219" 19'13.434" 00'48.785" 0 2
22'26.887" 21'15.216" 01'11.671" 0 3
24 June 22'38.055" 20'33.942" 02'04.113" 0 4
20'47.878" 20'59.180" 00'11.302" 1 4
25 June 20'35.000" 20'23.324" 00'11.676" 1 5
19'43.585" 19'13.593" 00'29.992" 1 6
26 June 22'18.190" 21'23.776" 00'54.414" 1 7
The first race of the day is scheduled each time at 2:00 pm ADT.[29] The race data were published on the official noticeboard.[30]

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

11. Spamming still exists.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

12. @helpo1 Sir please don't blow out a glimmer of hope! We made up with the first posts which were long and original (0% copy paste included). If we calculate the mean of words in a single post in that count, it will be around 20.

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

13. Well hello there. I see the mod didn't rate our success yet :/

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

14. Hello HeadShot I hope we didn't celebrate our success too early...

Showing 64216-64230 of 78286