Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Ceci n'est pas une pipe
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 33 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
32. 100! - 43 pages / 26 days. Sept 28, '17 at 4:25pm, 17 users, 6 days 22 hours 18 mins.
helpo1 (10), Chryosten (3), kalisenpai , PLGuy (1), armorplayergc , oyaji3211, catlover192, KatPryde , Majestic_Fish , Hardstrike , DiamondHunterZ , Swarmlord2 , Anatheron, LordLazyLeopard , GhostOfMatrix, Eldunari17 (1), zdrk 
33. 100! - Dec 02, '17 at 11:59 am, 15 users, 2 days, 21 hours 46 mins.
zdrk , PLGuy (1), helpo1 (10), Yellowcat, Majestic Fish , Olaffours, oyaji3211 , armorplayergc , Chryosten (3), sciller45, kalisenpai (1), perin106, MangoInfinity1, ranggagreat, PHLHimself
- 72,364 Replies
09. Awwwww, what a shame. On the other hand, that's great for weapons manufacturers and arms companies.
10. Random post. Ignore the fact that I don't have anything to say.
11. Man that's very depressing, the thoughts, conclusions that I have after @armorplayergc questions. It's in human nature to fight with other people, that are different or that are too similar (so they want the same things). Also it's there to not share evenly with other humans - some people waste enormous amounts of money and some starve to death. And thanks to that the Earth is not overpopulated....... Daymit maybe it will change when we start settling other planets.
12. Even the best systems in the world are not perfect. There will always be one or two starving children and at least one or two extremists. And There's nothing we can do to change that. It's quite sad actually.
13. Yeah it is. All we can do is trying to make better the world around us. And trying to be optimistic about these topics. All in all situation should be getting better all over the world every year - the number of people is growing constantly for some reason.
13. @PLGuy Why would settling in other planets will change the way we, as humans, behave? We feel sorry for the people that are close to us, and this preocupation diminish as people are further (in both, distance and relationship).
I'm not saying that's fine that there are people starving, but we would go crazy if we think that that will actually affect us (whick, in fact, it does, but...).
If we were in another planet, we wouldn't care about the Earth anymore: things would remain the same.
1. Agh, sorry, I should have refreshed the page.
2. Didn't editing in like first 30 seconds save you? Going to try in this post
1. Okay, my bad. Seems it doesn't work anymore :P
2. Yeah, it doesn't work XD
(3) well, I think humans will never be perfect, there will always be crime, some people will always have a lot more money than others, and there will always be unemployed people, but these problems might get smaller and smaller as time goes by, I mean, wow, nowadays we live super well compared to let's say 100 or 200 years ago, that's the way I think at least
Have we achieved World Peace yet?
Probably we'll never achieve this one
less frequent crisis?
This might happen someday
YAYy and affordable flying cars?
has the World population reached 10 billion already?
That's probably going to happen, even though I wish it never happens... that's too many people .-.
does the U.S.A. still have the biggest GDP in the World?
To be honest, the chances of this being true in a distant future are low I'd say, but the U.S.A. will always be a good country I think (even though I think it's not the best one in the World)
is Capitalism still there?
I have no clue. I'd say yes. dunno.
Oh, and also:
And Mega da Virada that's a lottery right?
Yes, it is one with lots and lots of money
4. @armorplayergc You are probably the best self-question answerer in the world xD
@kalisenpai I didn't mean the change in treating other people, I meant the improvement of the very existence of now poor people. I meant that it might change the situation on Earth - imagine how much more space would people have if we weren't limited by this planet. There's not enough space (space in which living is possible for a certain amount of people, assuring safe population density) and resources for 10 billion of people. It's not something that I say without research - I watched some great documentaries. 10 billion is + 50% of people that we have today, that's + 50% usage of everything and the need for + 50% greater cities. So I'm not saying from the perspective of someone that wants just to fly away to another planet to not think about Earth's problems. I'm saying from the perspective of someone that does calculations and sees the prospects in conquering other planets that have conditions similar to Earth. It's rather not something that we have to worry in our short lifespan but some day in the future that is inevitable. People also wouldn't have to change the behaviour and be more empathetic to neighbours if it was organized properly. I mean - if living on other planets is designed by smart people that think about the survivor of human and not about making as much money as possible. If human kind stays limited to Earth soon the need of natural selection will escalate. There's not enough space and resources, it might be a true disaster. There's also a chance in technology that we can't even dream about now, that might significantly brighten the future.
5. Well, overpopulation is a huge problem, there's no doubt about it. But the problem is that money rules the world (or worlds if we started living in other planets).
if living on other planets is designed by smart people that think about the survivor of human and not about making as much money as possible.
Regarding this point, smart people, sadly, are nothing if they're not rich or have a patron. Therefore, if we were able to live in other planets, I honestly believe the only difference with what's happening today, it's that it would be happening in more than one planet: rich people would have access to resources, and poor people will starve till death. There would be poor people on Earth and Mars (for instance), always.
And, honestly, the only real solution for this problem is natural selection: you don't have access to food, you die. I know it's really harsh to hear/read this (it's really harsh for me to think about it, actually), but it's the only true solution I found for both, poverty and overpopulation. Sadly, this world sucks that much.
006. There are too many long posts, here is a short one.
7. And another short one.
You must be logged in to post a reply!