Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

1500 Year old bible found in Turkey claim's that Jesus Christ was not crucified.

Posted May 8, '14 at 12:59pm

danielo

danielo

1,758 posts

But you read the winning side. How many books are butied in the vatican libraries? How many scripts been set in fire for being "wrong and evil"? Entire religious group being killed and all of there books and costumes gone with the wind. Maybe your "christianity" is just the "winning christianity"?

Posted May 8, '14 at 3:16pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,724 posts

It seems a straightforward matter to say, "Look, this text completely contradicts our already-accepted texts so it's obviously false."

Except that, to all accounts, it doesn't. Apparently, the bible in question was not found to contain any part of the gospel according to Barnabus.

But here, we have a disagreement within the same epistemic system, which we'll just call Holy Scripture (HS). According to HS, Scripture is appropriate evidence for justifying beliefs. So the question is, why does this piece of Scripture not justify certain beliefs? Here are some possible responses, none of which I find all that attractive.

I think this is less a matter of which is justified and more of which pertains to Christianity. Both the Quran and the Talmud can be considered holy scriptures, but they are not Christian scriptures. The same goes for the Barnabus text.

But you read the winning side. How many books are butied in the vatican libraries? How many scripts been set in fire for being "wrong and evil"? Entire religious group being killed and all of there books and costumes gone with the wind. Maybe your "christianity" is just the "winning christianity"?

It doesn't really matter in this instance, because any religion that identifies Jesus as "just a prophet" is not Christianity. Your statement also directly contradicts what you said here:
My point was that christianity is not a "writen in stone" religion. Its support learning and researching of context and relics. So this book shouldnt be considered as a threat, but as a tool to keep learning on your origins and belifs.

Posted May 8, '14 at 6:15pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,791 posts

Knight

I'm rather skeptical of the authenticity of this book, particularly given the form it takes. Far as I can tell this style of book didn't exist in the time frame this article gives. The oldest known bound books that I can find use Coptic binding, which used wood covers and papyrus. Those would date to around the time frame given here.

Posted May 9, '14 at 8:53am

Kennethhartanto

Kennethhartanto

248 posts

And maybe your "Judaism" is the "winning Judaism", eh?

Posted May 9, '14 at 9:05am

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

This most likely a hoax, just like the pig bones found in Africa that we are never allowed to examine and that are supposedly the remains of our supposed ape-like ancestors.

Posted May 9, '14 at 11:48am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,724 posts

This most likely a hoax, just like the pig bones found in Africa that we are never allowed to examine and that are supposedly the remains of our supposed ape-like ancestors.

1 What ape-like? Humans are apes. Why is this so hard to understand?
2 Why do you keep trying to segue unrelated topics into these threads?

Posted May 9, '14 at 7:40pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,791 posts

Knight

No the hoax of the pig teeth is not the supporting evidence that has humans related to other primates.

If you wish to continue to argue this point you can step over there.
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11270774/evolution

Reply to 1500 Year old bible found in Turkey claim's that Jesus Christ was not crucified.

You must be logged in to post a reply!