ForumsQuestsDecision: Medieval Quests

187 193501
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Some new Quests! Kill some baddies in Decision: Medieval.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/4f60030d4981786f4951ff74a396dc82.png?v=1400017378&vv=1400190702
Fortune Favors the Brave
Rescue 20 Civilians.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/99551ba474e013cf0605477392d55472.png?v=1400017406&vv=1400190748
Colors on the Mast
Help an Orc Renegade.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/e4c7b637acb52a9ba1fe546355f852f7.png?v=1400017451&vv=1400191001
Learn and Live
Fully upgrade all abilities and armor.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/a359e8298b8b5aa0f05aecc2ddb60462.png?v=1400017520&vv=1400191026
Pick Your Poison
Fully upgrade all weapons.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/b6b1965a05462aea5b4d6f800d002b8c.png?v=1400017547&vv=1400191206
Play With Dolls
Grab 10 trolls at the same time in 1 level.
Hardness: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/ebc8af8be1747587cb3090703d81f50a.png?v=1400017576&vv=1400191527
Maximum Impossible
Reach max experience level of with all weapons and armor.
Hardness: Hard

• 187 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Erile: Are you grabbing 10 alive in a row?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Gantic

Yes, by definition if I have 10 alive at the end and I am only grabbing trolls, then I am grabbing ten alive in a row. I did this 15 times in the south outside quarter by mixing yellow trolls and zombie trolls and it never worked.

But, I just got the badge, and the way I got it contradicts what people in this forum are saying to do.

In the North Outside Quarter, I grabbed (in random order) 5 Orc Ologs and 5 Orc Trolls and suddenly got the badge during the middle of the level. So Orc Ologs definitely count towards the badge. I ran away and took a screenshot immediately after I got the badge (sadly lost an Orc Troll while running).

http://i59.tinypic.com/16aeibs.jpg

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Erile: I mean that they all have to be alive from the first one to the tenth one. If one dies in between, you have to start over.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

well just look at the img

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/15866/media/icon/b6b1965a05462aea5b4d6f800d002b8c.png?v=1400017547&vv=1400191206

it does show three different units

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Gantic

I had ones die in between when I was awarded the quest, so whether they live continuously doesn't matter. All you need to do is amass ten alive at one time and hope the game recognizes it properly.

In-game recognition of the quest is clearly bugged, however, as it took me multiple times with a ten-troll army to get the quest. So theories like "type of troll" or "ten-in-a-row-with-no-deaths" are probably based on false negatives because recognition of the quest is bugged.

@weirdlike

First, that image is just duplicated from the in-game achievements, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Second, every previous post in this thread specifically said that the Orc Ologs (the red ones) don't count. No one contradicted this until I did.

Third, the "Orc Ologs" don't have "Troll" in the name but still count.

Fourth, the quest doesn't get recognized every time.

Fifth, you don't have to prevent deaths, as long as you get ten it works (sometimes).

So my post above was incredibly important as it contradicts all posted information about this quest.

Thomcore
Thomcore
303 posts
Grand Duke

Ok I finally managed to achieve the "Playing with dolls" badge and the RED ONES count too !. My strategy was to trap 10 trolls which prevented them to kill each other and then I grabbed them.

komodor
komodor
110 posts
Prince

so so these quests took realy long time to make 13 hours to me i have made 11000 frags and killed 640 trolls well after 16 days you have repaired them all but man there was tons of bugs in that game anyway good job.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Sixth, there are only 9 trolls in that picture.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Olinser: You can have trolls disappear on you and it will still count. I got it with four trolls still on screen at the end.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser

If you read my post, I already said that one died while I was running away to get the screencap.

MPH_Complexity
MPH_Complexity
366 posts
Duke

There could be some truth to what @Erile is saying. When I had finally gotten the grab 10 trolls quest, it unlocked after I had grabbed my 13th one. They are difficult to keep track of I'll admit, but I definitely saw 2 die in between, 3rd one I'll guess died outside of my vision. And I'll confirm Orc Ologs count.

The only way then I could see having to capture 10 in a row without any dying in between to unlock the quest would be if the trolls that died on me so conveniently happened to be the first three I captured. So, if I captured 10 trolls, yet the first three I captured died, maybe the 10 without dying streak happens to pick up on the 4th troll I captured? Then I would only need to capture three more without any dying to replace them, which would explain why it would unlock on the 13th troll for me. But then maybe if say, I had 9 captured, but the fifth one I captured dies on me, maybe the streak picks up on the 6th troll, so then I would have to capture 6 more (For a total of 15 captured) for the quest to unlock?

I know they are difficult to keep track of and that would just be a very strange coincidence if this was the case that the first three died on me and it picked up on the fourth one. Sorry, just wanted to share my experience (And a possible theory), I know it probably just complicates things more :S.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

Regarding 'Play with Dolls'.

I just completed the quests, and can confirm 2 things:

1) ALL TYPES of trolls count. I completed the quest with a zombie troll, 5 orc trolls, a chief zombie troll, and 3 Orc Ologs.

2) A troll carried over from a previous mission DOES NOT COUNT. I had to capture 10 NEW trolls to trigger the quest. At number 9, even though I had 10 following me around, it did not trigger until I hit a 10th troll.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@erile - I read your post. The screencap is still pointless - you say that one died, but with no way to confirm, the screencap simply does not show you completing the quest.

Add that to the fact that I just confirmed that carry-over trolls do not count, and even with a screencap showing a group of 10 doesn't necessarily prove that the quest should have been completed.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Olinser

I posted the screencap to show that orc ologs count. It is impossible to screencap getting achievements, they go by too quickly. 2 other people confirmed this after I posted it, so it was a successful change over many previous claims they didn't count. I don't know why you are arguing this, especially since you just agreed with it...

No one ever stated that carry-over trolls count. I never had any carry-over trolls (I killed them on purpose) and I never assumed they counted. The very first time I attempted to use grab or do the quest, I had ten living trolls at the end of the level and it didn't trigger, therefore carry-over trolls were not relevant. I did this multiple times after that with 15-20 trolls, and it didn't trigger. It is clearly bugged and unreliable. Creating fictional reasons to blame me for the quest being bugged is not helpful.

Olinser
Olinser
650 posts
King

@erile - That's nice, it still doesn't make the screencap useful, because it doesn't show the quest being completed and doesn't show the criteria for the quest being met.

A simple statement that 'it worked with X guys' is sufficient.

Nobody is 'blaming' you for anything, but your screencap does nothing helpful and simply takes up space.

Showing 76-90 of 187