ForumsGamesGemcraft 2 CS Mana Farm Help

39 9341
tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

I'm 137 level. I read some topics but i couldn't understand. how do i set up it?

• 39 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Permafreeze is when your freeze time is so long and recharge so short that you can cast next freeze before last ends on any monster. Mine 7.2s recharge time (probably shortest possible) does its job

pxpxpx
pxpxpx
10 posts
Nomad

Im premafreezing, using wake of eternity to kill mobs and im on +900 wave right now.. laggy and a little bit boring how long is endurance? 1333?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Endurance = 999 waves. Not 1333 or 876.

Erile, did you not see my non premium mana farm post? -_-

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Just reposting this if you don't want to bother looking through earlier posts.

Huh, my post got cut off. Sorry about that.

I believe I suggested Y6 to start because there's a decent chokepoint, it has all colors unlocked(I think, someone said this, not sure) and it has a high base wave number. First, play earlier levels w/o farm until level 250ish, to get decent skills.

Then use Y6 and follow the above if premium.

If not, then I suggest first making a killtower of YBR, in importance of special. Then, make the typical orange tower with spamming beam(max beam and orange mastery, d'oh) on it. Anger as much as you can take. With grade ones to start, and upgrade the angering gem grade slowly....never run out of mana. I suggest don't use trait mana lock. Less XP multiplier, but easier to set up a farm that will probably generate more xp than multiplier will give.

At level 250 you can get both beam + orange to a respectable level. Make the orange tower grade 7 asap to take advantage of the bonus to level 7 gem+ from component skills.

Once you have enough mana for a grade 9-12, set up the farm, an ROB with a RB upgraded to 30 shots/sec(with beam enhance) infront of it set to random. Triple gem is the best with un maxed true colors, quad will detract, even if you use 4th spec to add white to it.

from there, upgrade as often as you can, using the specced method, and go as far as you can in angering each and every wave to the max your gems can handle.

tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

i meant i am 876 level not wawes of number in endurance. and now i am 1650 level.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

3 black, 4 yellow, 1 red/3 black, 4 orange, 1 black.
no wonder my earlier attempts weren't quite working out, I was using 1 black, 4 red, 3 yellow for my killgems, and 1 black, 2 red, 6 orange for my mana farms!

tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

i need help again. i am 2200 . manafarming is so tiring. and only gives 20 or 50 level and it takes hours of play. can anyone give me more advices? for example when i became 2000 or something i played three or four hours and i became 2200. it is not enough i guess. what is wrong?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Unfortunately, I do not think you are doing anything wrong, per se. There may be a few things you can do to tweak your play a bit, and increase the experience you gain from each session, but given those level jumps it sounds as though you have the general idea down pat.

No, the problem is the same one that drove Thunderrider to stop messing with beating Endurance : the exponential requirements to level. 45 billion experience may have sufficed to get you 200 levels in the past, but now it only gets you sixty or seventy. Its not you, its not what you are doing, its the game.

Now, hop into the IRC sometime (its https://kiwiirc.com/client ... set a nickname and use the tag #gemcraft) and if they're there, you can ask one of the real guru's. Me, I'm just decent at explaining stuff I know, I'm not a real guru coming up with all sorts of new stuff and new ways to make gems for a more effective manafarm.

The better your manafarm, the better you are able to upgrade gems. The better you are able to upgrade gems, both the more mana you can leech in the farm trap, and the more HP you can knock off in the kill trap, resulting in being able to bomb the wave stones more, for even more exp and mana and its all one big cycle. Unfortunately, it seems to me to be one that eventually reaches a peak, which I suspect is why the real masters of the game have gone to permafreeze for manafarming (which is basically saying, to heck with experience, I'm just farming mana to make the biggest, baddest gems around just to see how big and how bad I can get them).

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Tugay, you're really, really lucky if 100 billion still bumps you up 100ish levels. At my level 3,142, it takes 49 billion PER single level...it's horrid, which as Astro said, is why I quit bothering to level.

tugay354
tugay354
10 posts
Baron

thanks for answering. i just wanted to make things easier. i thougth i could get more experience in a short way. it was so funny. i guess i will play just when i really bored. but now it is enough for me. thanks a lot again.

wanille
wanille
8 posts
Peasant

Im sorry for this question, but i cant find more related topic.

Here is the screenshot:
http://garmix.hu/gc2.jpg

The gem in the left-bottom is da beacon crasher about 5 mins in game.
Gem shots 1055/s, and the hits is 4312?!? WTF???

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Do beacon hits count? Or, otherwise, it might be taking em out in very few hits, so other 1k shots don't count.

wanille
wanille
8 posts
Peasant

One beacon down in 5-10 sec.
Yes, its count, becouse i see the hits growing, but very slowly(10-15 hits/sec).

Showing 16-30 of 39