A=(((((o+o)+o)+o)+o)+o)
B=((A+(o+o))+(o+o))
C=(B+(((o+o)+o)+(o+b)))
D=(C+(((o+o)+(o+b))+b))
E=((((o+o)+o)+(o+b))+b)
F=(((o+b)+b)+((b+b)+b))
G=(E+F)
H=(D+G)

H is the final orange/black grade 5 gem with cost of grade 6 and huge specials. You can use this formula only once.

METHOD 2 - SUPERGEM UPGRADING
You can apply it to pure orange, pure black, orange/black and orange/black/red gems.
first, get your gem to upgrade (I'll call it "g&quot

A=(g+g)+((g+g)+g)
B=((((((g+g)+g)+g)+g)+g)+g)
C=(g+g)
D=(((B+C)+C)+A)

D is the final supergem with grade +3 and cost x16. You can (even should) repeat this method every time when upgrading gem.

You use method 1 once and then on resulting gem method 2 till your mana ends for mana gem. Just don't forget to add red at some point, best g1 to one of 16 copies of your gem in method 2.
For amplifiers I recommend now pure orange (black isn't amped anymore) so you grab g1 and apply method 2. Amplifiers with this method should be 3 grades lower than mana gem.

[EDIT]
After a moment of thinking I realized that this metod works also for killing gems, but you have to farm kills on black/red gem and add it in some moment. Feel free to try.

• 84 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Who Me? I didn't do much...I started it...did the specced method thing, helped psorek find that there were much better optimal formulas...and that's it. Psorek and his mathy magician mind came up with all the formula stuff that we all use now...

Lol. *modest*

mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

Is this all post patch?

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Yes. It is.

Best thing- difference in mana gain and bloodbound multiplier between psorek method gem and regular +U gem, unlike for specced method and some others, increases exponentially in difference. Test- Grade 38 Psorek vs Grade 50(same mana cost) - about 4.25x better than simple U gem. 0 hits, no amps. Supergemmed amps increase difference loads too. Amps supergemmed at grade 30ish vs the supergem equivalent = 60% better.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

@thunderrider: you did very important thing, you inspired me

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

true. Again, analogy with the Gc0 228 waves challenge- Fractalman and Vesperbot inspired connerc, assto, munch, inthrees, einfanch, honza, and a ton of others, including me.

I'm like Fractal/Vesper -> I inspire you, borthel, connerc, seanhates, cronos, and more c:

Yay, I am the Father of All High Level GC2 Play. Just like fractal was for GC0 c:

Does that make me a mentor, or something? *modesty lost completely*

cooltang
cooltang
9 posts
Peasant

and using this last (improved) method there's my shiny new g78 equivalent mana gem with g77 equivalent amplifiers

When you say g77 equivalent amps, are you just using pure orange, or what are in your amps?
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Yes, pure orange. Nothing else would make sense.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

video? Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04Tlh2etxI&feature=youtu.be

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Method 1 version for killing gems. More readable version on pastebin due to better font here.

Scheme (style like before) here.

0 = (g1 black)
1 = (g1 yellow)
2 = 0+0
3 = 1+0
4 = 1+1
5 = 2+0
6 = 3+0
7 = 4+1
8 = 5+0
9 = 7+1
10 = 6+2
11 = 8+0
12 = 9+1
13 = 6+5
14 = 11+0
15 = 12+3
16 = 14+2
17 = 15+6
18 = 16+5
19 = 17+10
20 = 18+13
21 = 20+19

Ahuizotla
Ahuizotla
10 posts
Nomad

Thank you for posting the more complex methods

You can try to draw whole gem combining tree and make more user-friendly version. I just didn't have lust.

This is the reason I asked for the 64x-version

64x Mana

I don't say, my first try is very good, I tried to make it compact AND intuitive. I am happy to receive any critics regarding the picture. For example I wasn't sure if I should spread all the steps further - for me it is perfect to understand while compact enough to see everything at one or two glances. But if it is too compressed for anybody or if you don't like the form, just say it

I renumberd the gems. I understand the original system, but I think it made the whole process a bit messy. If this bothers you, I'll create a pic with the original numbering

Edit: removed viewable version. Picture expanded forum view a bit too much.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Numbers were added automatically, order was by mana value. Agree that it wasn't the best method.

cooltang
cooltang
9 posts
Peasant

Also may I ask how to prioritize skill points?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

one lowering gem cost, pure colors, orange, black for me - don't know your level though.

mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

What grade do you stop supergemming?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I do never stop supergemming :P

Showing 16-30 of 84