Forums

ForumsVideo Games

FPS... Oh why i hate you.

Posted May 25, '14 at 7:55pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

Halo being the gateway drug to actual quality content, like, for example, Mass Effect.

I'm going to let that slide solely on the basis that I've never played Mass Effect.

~Manly

Posted May 27, '14 at 10:53am

ghost72807

ghost72807

20 posts

I HATE HALO! well now i do. The first one will always be in my heart. and if you even dare pick on Mass Effect.... (horror junkes insert your death here) i'll let you off with the Mass Effect 3 ending... god i will never forgive them for that!

Posted May 27, '14 at 10:59am

ghost72807

ghost72807

20 posts

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you %*$£^% of a *(^%$ and &*^%$£ i will stuff you in a barrel and %^&** always^"£$ because you are ^*%££% stupid and i am *&^%$^ stupid we all are &*^%&^ stupid so just stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me you *^&%$ and ^&%$()...just....stop.

Posted May 27, '14 at 11:05am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,146 posts

I detect a case of mad and bad, so there are two options.

1) QQ MOAR BRAH, and have a biscuit

or

2) Less QQ more Pew Pew.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted May 27, '14 at 2:14pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you %*$£^% of a *(^%$ and &*^%$£ i will stuff you in a barrel and %^&** always^"£$ because you are ^*%££% stupid and i am *&^%$^ stupid we all are &*^%&^ stupid so just stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me you *^&%$ and ^&%$()...just....stop.

yup. the average fanboy who thinks his opinions are sacred facts and that everybody who thinks differently as a not true FPS fan. people have different tastes, deal with it.

Posted May 27, '14 at 3:09pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,318 posts

I HATE HALO! well now i do

WHAT??????

*fanboy alert*

Halo is Xbox's top game series and always will be. Killing Aliens with big guns, who doesn't like that?

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty, Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you

*moar fanboy alert*

GAWD U WENT 2 FAR,

da gift 4 u

last edited May 27 2014 03:13 pm by Charlie506

Posted May 27, '14 at 6:03pm

09philj

09philj

2,142 posts

Halo 3 is a both masterpiece of brainless fun and tactical shooting, which is more than can be said for most shooters released now. The turning point was Half life, which somehow fooled everyone into believing that it was genius despite being slow and boring, and consequently the majority of FPS games became massively navel gazing and dull from then on, except Halo, which that went the other way, because everyone at bungie overdosed on speed and so was massively hectic, before development was handed over to 343, and was made navel gazing and dull.

Posted May 27, '14 at 11:20pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,992 posts

Well all I have to say about that is...

yup. the average fanboy who thinks his opinions are sacred facts and that everybody who thinks differently as a not true FPS fan. people have different tastes, deal with it.

^this.
Also no one was picking on you.

Posted May 28, '14 at 11:06am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

5,418 posts

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games

Is that so?
Doom and Quake and i dont love them... BY FAR

but in sales they are not but.

just deal with not

stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me

We're not messing with you, you're messing with grammar.

I still have yet to see an explanation for why South America had to be dragged into this.

Listen dude! One of my all time favorite FPS franchises is from the late 90's and (as far as I love them, the went downhill) the early 2000's, Delta Force, so just no dude, no.

~Manly

last edited May 28 2014 11:07 am by TheMostManlyMan

Posted May 28, '14 at 11:42am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,207 posts

Firstly, if you are a FPS fan and play Call of Duty all day then... no, just get out now. And if you play Battlefield all day... i'll accept you because it has a bit more innovation than Call of Duty.

So you made an FPS thread, but the best-selling FPS franchise is immediately excluded.

Because if you played Doom and Quake when you were young then you know what FPS is as i do and 80% of people don't.

I assume you mean "you know what FPS used to be like," because I'd say at least 80% of gamers know what FPS is.

Now the 'FPS' group are going away but in sales they are not but. Why are you playing Call of Duty , an even more dumbed down Michael Bay movie and Battlefield is a bit better than a Micheal Bay movie but why cant you return to Doom and Quake.

They're going away, but they're selling more copies than ever. Contradiction much? Also, to answer your question (which merits a question mark), many gamers can't "return" to Doom and Quake because you can't get them anymore. If you actually want to play Doom (a 1995 game made for Windows 95) or Quake (a 1996 game made for the N64), you're going to need equipment and software that's long dead, unless you want to download an emulator.

OK People, tell me what you think of First Person Shooters, do you think they are amazing or do you wish they would return to Doom and Quake levels.

I think many FPS games are cookie-cutter copy/paste formats that lack innovation, mainly for the most popular shooters. I have no interest in returning to Doom or Quake though because I think it's time to move on. That was nearly 20 years ago. Time to find something new to play.

Another side note: Wow I need to stop reading Matt's posts look at what they have done to me ._.

They've made you awesome. U mad bro?

Ok yes Call of Duty can be fun but... it just gets boring after like 20 minutes

Tell that to 139 million copies sold. Clearly it has more to it that 20 minutes of gameplay.

the style of Doom and Quake and i dont love them... BY FAR but i just wish they would think 'huh, you know if we actually give a crap about these games into there story and game play.'

Hard to drag original concepts into something that sells so well. I believe they stopped caring about story and gameplay in Black Ops 2, yet it was the second highest selling game in the series (just beaten out by MW3, which had a multiplayer mode extremely similar to MW2).

Actually, the loadout options for Black Ops 2 are relatively unique compared to the MW series.

(i mean 'South America')

@ImTheMostManlyMan In CoD: Ghosts, the premise is that four South American nations band together to defeat the US. Yes, it is incredibly illogical and they've officially run out of foreigners to shoot. Can't help but wonder how the OP knew this, though.

i might buy advance warfare because its being developed by Sledgehammer Games.

What does the developer have anything to do with? And, for the record, Sledgehammer co-developed MW3, which falls into your "games I hate that I don't hate" roster.

I HATE HALO! well now i do. The first one will always be in my heart. and if you even dare pick on Mass Effect.... (horror junkes insert your death here) i'll let you off with the Mass Effect 3 ending... god i will never forgive them for that!

Another one of these "I hate it but not really" statements? How do horror junkies relate to Mass Effect? Mass Effect was not a horror series.

oh and stop picking on me because i like the classic games and not crap Rip-offs *uh uh* call of duty.i hate Call of Duty,

But, earlier on you said:

Ok yes Call of Duty can be fun

Also, no one is picking on you. Different opinions do not constitute malicious behavior.

Battlefield is slightly better Halo is complete crap now and just deal with not you %*$£^% of a *(^%$ and &*^%$£ i will stuff you in a barrel and %^&** always^"£$ because you are ^*%££% stupid and i am *&^%$^ stupid we all are &*^%&^ stupid so just stop ^$%^*^$ messing with me you *^&%$ and ^&%$()...just....stop.

And we've officially devolved into mindless insults based on literally nothing. I have no idea who you're raging at.

For the record, if it's not too much trouble, rather than blast everyone who has a different opinion than you, maybe you could provide some justification. I enjoy playing HALO, I liked the level designer from HALO 3 ODST and I thoroughly enjoyed the HALO 4 campaign even with the ending. I was impressed by the fact that I had never played a whole campaign before but was genuinely moved by the game's ending.

Also, I loved CoD 4, and I loved the MW3 story from start to stop because it had several mind-blowing twists and was overall easy enough to progress through but hard enough to require patience and effort. I have completed all three campaigns on Veteran difficulty and have re-played all of them at least once. Surprise!

Reply to FPS... Oh why i hate you.

You must be logged in to post a reply!