ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Forumnauts and the Quest for the Holy Grail

20 16633
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

A message arrived in the early morning for the knights.

DB BNL DFSTPZZ HX KEUUY ZSWRA,

OA ASC PWSL MG YHZ GAMWXGQUU HX DUIZ AAW RBTE NKSSY WL ZHEOGPOUZ KYZMZOBFQ PIT IX XYHVJ ZHEOJPKYX KYZMCOXJO JQZOBF DUM BPVAXVBE VY LRRAK YXSVZA UM MZOFM QPGYNBUY VY LRRAK STFNF WL AAAC CTGUXKCCPKYX. OO, GPK JHMBG, BGZD QYH, STPZZDF, BU MBFN VB, ZOX ZYYG MYTAV, NVJ JESSZ QZ, AAW RBTE NKSSY, NUY MZO TTUYR GP GPK RBFQQWS, HKEYE OGTXK. DUQY PL S NNVMLKGEF YALLL WRITA HFVL NUY MZO FQRSBWCG, AZBIANRAZ, HGV WBAZ MHGVUIXKR GP XVONALC. SWXANFKGMRF, MZOEM GYX FY ZCXKXJYHA XHUTSGA UY YSBGQTN YJOAKNTXF. EANUYMMXNBKSR, AD PITUHL LR OAHKSXGMKK MZKG BNLKW KEM TV YDKGCRLGL PYWVWR WKEA. YAXH EC, JXHOW UAQMOMK, KAL ZHDW IBCX WESMR ISVGYCG BNVLW MBCXHZWYHA KUHMQU BU ZXSBPP LVK LRR OXHBD.

PNZKDXDV NVJ NHGN WWAYGWIF.
NUY MZO TTUYR GP GPK RBFQQWS.

Note: Please do not post to this thread if you are not approved. Unapproved posts will be removed.

• 20 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

After many days of staring at letters, a breakthrough was made!

Sir HahiHa: So the letters aaeglnrs can be interpreted as an anagram of sangreal, or San Greal, meaning the Holy Grail!

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Upon waking up Sir Weird the Tired looks around. His eyes adjusting to the ambiance which was reasonably bright, or so it seemed to Sir Weird. Unfortunately Sir Weird was somewhat disassociated from his world and seemingly did not know who he was.

Sir Weird:Huh, wa... who? Where am I...

I would appear that the other knights in search for the holy grail have left and Sir Weird was the only one lying about (which was not uncommon for Sir Weird the Tired). As Sir Weird propped himself up he looks over and with a bit of curiosity finds a passed out mule. He wouldn't have otherwise noticed the mule had the mule not let out a quiet and morbidly feculent odorous gas.

Sir Weird:Foul beast!

As Sir Weird had mistakenly inhaled the effluxing gas, his mind opened up and he had suddenly became fully aware.

Sir Weird:I am Sir Weird the Tired! This mule must have fallen over from intoxication, and in the act had subsequently knocked me over and I hit my head on that rock.

Sir Weird, with this misunderstood grasp of the current situation decided to binge rant on the specifics of his athleticism.

[roll 3d6 Strength]
[roll 3d6 Dexterity]
[roll 3d6 Endurance]
[roll 3d6 Focus]
[roll 3d6 Perception]
[roll 3d6 Willpower]
[roll 3d6 Beauty]
[roll 3d6 Charisma]
[roll 3d6 Confidence]

Sir Weird:I must find the other knights and know their abilities. For honor!

Sir Weird takes off leaving his stubborn mule behind and goes out in search for the remaining knights. Albeit his goal is searching for the holy grail he seems to have it in his mind that the combined collective intelligence of the Knights of Round will prevail and find the true holy grail.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince
DICE RESULTS
8 = Strength
7 = Dexterity
6 = Endurance
13 = Focus
9 = Perception
7 = Willpower
7 = Beauty
10 = Charisma
7 = Confidence
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Sir Hectic: Standing upon the road in the light morning fog he waits ideally thinking about how he misses his hole deep in the woods, this mail is so uncomfortable but seeing how the thing had taken another person to strap it onto him and he forgotten to his squire to drag along...or maybe the squire was left after being dazed from rummaging in his sack, Oh well he couldn't remember. That reminded the hermit of his breakfast, he pulls out a red cabbage and a bottle of brown ale. This cabbage was one of his more successful endeavors, a problem that came about when he found that he had no talent for hunting and the shortage of meat and overabundance of cabbage had lead him to create a bacon flavored vegetable.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Time wore away even the most stubborn, aided by the magic of things that want to stay hidden as hidden magical things are wont to do. The secrets lay safe for another day, another time. The Knights returned to their daily tasks of not staring at walls, not magical ones, at least, waiting for another Quest.

Showing 16-20 of 20