ForumsThe TavernI want to play another game...

70 28430
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are you prepared to go down the rabbit hole again?

Some of you may remember "I want to play a game...". Some of you won't, in which case, you might have memory problems or just weren't on the forums at the time (but that doesn't mean you don't have memory problems). The puzzles are back. This time, things will work a bit differently. There are still puzzles, but there is also a poorly cobbled together storyline to go with it! Yay!

You can follow the story here:
"The Forumnauts and the Quest for ???"

Along with the story will be puzzles to be solved. As the Puzzlesmaster, I am the only user with the correct solutions to the puzzles. Also, I will not be giving any hints or clues directly. In the event that a puzzle is unsolved for too long, clues will be provided in the subsequent story updates with the aid of the Knights. Yes, some of the Knights are joining in on this misadventure. They will aid in plot and clue-giving if necessary, but they do not know the solution.

The original game 'ended' with the secret word being posted in the secret thread. In this game, there will be multiple secret words and secret secret words that can be posted to the secret thread to receive credit (and merit) for solving the puzzle correctly. Credit defaults to whoever actually solved it, so if you post the secret word but someone else solved the puzzle the right way, that someone else will receive the credit. Not every puzzle will have a secret word, but the secret word is required to solve some puzzles.

Keep an eye out for secret secret words. They're like Easter eggs and don't really help with the puzzles.

In summary:
Story, puzzles, and clues come from the story thread. Please do not post there.
Secret words go to the secret thread. Post there if you have a secret word or secret secret word.
Puzzle discussion can go on in this thread.

The first puzzle is up. Get solving!

• 70 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hmm. It seems I've made a mistake again. Let me fix that.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I've updated the image with a quick fix for swapped pieces. It's not as bad as last time.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

http://i.imgur.com/jTvFK8w.jpg

I'm going back to sleep now

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Dunk my head in the horse trough to wake up and BAM!

http://i.imgur.com/jQe0TDD.jpg

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Haha. How does a black rook even end up at that position?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

it was a long drawn out battle where each opponent was savoring each piece until the eventual sacrifice which lead to a series of killed pieces and was in favor of white :/

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I made sure they had the same pieces save for a pawn. Maybe white was toying with black just so white could pull off a four-move forced mate.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I wouldn't take the writing in the story very seriously.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

A diversion is up. It's not really a puzzle and doesn't really have to do with anything, but it's something to solve, kind of.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

They can't lay eggs once they're dead.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

The wording seems very strange to me, it does not specify what is being baked. Bread?(no eggs) Cake?(1-3 eggs) Princess Pumpernickel?(? eggs)

Seriously, if ambrosia bread is people,.. someone is being baked alive.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Seriously, if ambrosia bread is people,.. someone is being baked alive.

Why? Surely they can make bread from dead people just as easily.
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Well, the description says that its rumored to be made of people and those who failed the challenge are baked alive.

The kings line has left me puzzled tho. A dead chicken cant lay an egg, so I suspect it is either a wild goose chase or you would have to get the eggs you wanted in advance prior to the poultry slaughtering.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Well I suppose you would have to take 10 hens. 8 of the blue layers and 2 of the brown. Then take 2 of the blue eggs and bribe a local drunk to cover you in chicken excrement. After that you can make up for the missing 2 blue eggs with the larger brown eggs and provide the poultry. When push comes to shove, you unfortunately cant partake in the cooking until after you bath so the king is forced to have the royal cook do it. While you are supposedly "bathing" you simply just wash your gear and convince Princess Pumpernickel that a knight's power lies in his armor :O
At that point you take the princess and provide her to the royal cook and make yourself scarce until the cooking is done. When it is done, take the bread and provide to the king.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

weird's GAME LINK

It is also ciphered...

Showing 31-45 of 70