ForumsThe TavernSports

62 24563
Penguin022
Penguin022
34 posts
Nomad

Any sports fans here? Talk about sports here!

• 62 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Yea! I come from a family of swimmers! MY sister, my dad (his younger years) and my brother did a bit!

And not only that, i have an autographed paper from Mark Gangolff, a gold-winning (2004) swimmer, who happens to be my friend/neighbors uncle!

Very nice, @omegap12!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Put it this way, football fans and NFL fans know how they like their sports, and let's keep it that way.

Of course. But you can't deny that soccer/football players flop quite a bit. I can't even count how much flopping I've seen in the past couple weeks with the world cup.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Of course. But you can't deny that soccer/football players flop quite a bit. I can't even count how much flopping I've seen in the past couple weeks with the world cup.

Only a few people in football flop, but they do it constantly. It's irritating and grating. But it's only a minority, so I won't say they do it "quite a bit". I don't think I've seen a lot of diving at the WC though, just a lot of theatrics (i.e Muller getting slapped by Pepe and winning an Oscar).

How bout that Man City?

Booooo. I'm going to scream at the screen during the Community Shield.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

BURN FIFA. Bunch of sissy players faking injuries after getting bumped. (FLOPPING.)

thems trying to get an edge in the game

USA v GERMANY MASTER RACE
A tie pushes em both forward

Such a shame for America =/
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Master Race?

These poor sods in the team got it hard then.

Jerome Boateng - Ghanian German
Mesut Ozil - Turkish German
Shkodran Mustafi - Albanian
Sami Khedira - Tunisian German

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

dont you talk bad about my beloved Ozil

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Tad disappointed by his performances in the WC though. Solid, but not spectacular. But that's his style I suppose, he's so composed and masterful he's nonchalant.

Penguin022
Penguin022
34 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm not a huge fan of soccer, but I still root for USA.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am putting money on Chile over Brazil. Then going with Columbia over Uruguay.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Master Race won. Sacrificed my sleep watching such a frustrating match. Lots of tackles and fouls by the Americans.

I'll still put my money on a German Brazil final, but who knows!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

A Y Y L M A O
Y
Y
L
M
A
O

What a match by the American Goalie, though. Shame he was the only one to show up to the game for his team.

osowicked3
osowicked3
1 posts
Nomad

Costa Rica is going to win the world cup.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Costa Rica is going to win the world cup.

Costa Rica is outta here! What a shame, that would have been a great victory for them...

Now it's down to Germany, Brazil, Argentina and the Netherlands...

I'll take your money... Germany plays Brazil on Tuesday, so unless Argentina and the Netherlands both lose somehow whilst playing against each other... go ahead, take the bet. =)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

They didn't deserve to win the game last night though, although there was a 50/50 penalty chance for them....I hope the Argentinians smash them Dutch though.

Forgot about the selection order!
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Le Tour de France has started! I went to watch the first stage in Yorkshire. Aside from the big screen malfunctioning, I had a great time, and am looking forward to following the rest.

Showing 31-45 of 62