ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Low Level Manafarm tips?

16 6179
hrakantee
hrakantee
2 posts
Blacksmith

Can anyone please give me instructions on how to build a decent low level manafarm? I am currently level 90 and all the manafarm guides seem to presume your level is at least 5000.

I have the Magician's Pouch. Haven't unlocked Bloodbound, Critical Hit and Suppressing Gems yet. Q6 and R1 are the furthest fields I've opened and not yet conquered.

• 16 Replies
shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

Mana farming using traps presumes you have your freezing cooldown less than (or very close to) your freezing duration, until then the best way for a low level to farm mana is a pure orange or orange-white or orange-black, in a tower enchanted with beam

oLaudix
oLaudix
48 posts
Nomad

all the manafarm guides seem to presume your level is at least 5000.
Lol no ... even if you look at guides they are lvl 1000+ not 5000. Even though i started to efficiently mana farm at lvl 72. I didnt get as much exp as i do now on high lvls but it did give me like 800-900lvl jump. As for freeze spell. Untill you can get it to have less cd than it duration play like this. Put trap +6 amps close to entrance, put black-orange-red gem with orange in amps. A little further same setup but with black-yellow-red gem with yellow in amps. It wont give you as much mana as normal manafarm, but itll let you go without enraging quite deep into endurance and give you nice lvl jump. After that you can go straight to end-game guide.
Ell1e
Ell1e
15 posts
Scribe

This guide definitely works for low levels: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12295868/gemcraft-cs-walkthrough-and-guide-on-leveling-up-and-endurancepremium

It's premium, but should work with a few tweaks if you don't have it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Fixed the link for you @Ell1e! =)

hrakantee
hrakantee
2 posts
Blacksmith

This guide definitely works for low levels: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12295868/gemcraft-cs-walkthrough-and-guide-on-leveling-up-and-endurancepremium

Yes, that is a good one. Also found this useful:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gemcraft/comments/2882j1/cs_a_guide_how_i_went_from_low_level_70_to_301_in/
fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

well...
white beats black untill grade 30...So start with red/orange/white triple gems and see how far you can go in f1 endurance. (since you have premium).

It won't necessarily be an epic source of mana, but it should get you a 5-10 level boost without too much effort.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

i was a little higher i think that you are at ( was at 186 when i started), but three runs later i was about level 1190. i would keep working through the maps and repeat as needed till you have orange and white along with red gems, and preferable yellow as well. when you repeat maps, anger as much as you can handle, especially early waves, and use some points in battle traits to get the multiplier
once you have the different gems, pick a map where you can limit the crawlers to on path at some point, and put a trap, giving enough space to make sure its active before the monsters hit it. i make 16 grade 1 gems, ( 1 red, 4 white, and 11 orange and combine them. put that gem in the trap. i do a similar gem with yellow instead of orange. anger the waves and send them, the mana goes up pretty quickly, pause the game and upgrade the gem. hopefully you have spells you can use to make it active right away. keep repeating, and upgrading the yellow gem as you go. go into endurance mode for sure. It may take some time to play with it and get used to the system of doing things this way.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Unfortunately, all the posts/examples given/quotes in the threads above are not for low levels. The guide 'says' it is for low levels, but the amount of achievements/gems available/difficulties posted are not valid for the levels quoted (unless they finished the entire game at level 80). There are no actual low-level guides for the game yet unfortunately.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

The reality is you cant mana farm at really low levels. You have to grind away at the game for awhile until you have the skills and the skill points to put into them to be able to mana farm. And i guess it depends what you mean by low level. less than two hundred is low level to me, as its once you are at that point, for sure you should be able to start rapidly leveling up. But you also have to put in the work to get there before you can do that.
just remember, when grinding it out to get more experience, anger with grade 1 gems, maybe only 3 or 4 ( at 5 believe it adds a beacon to the map) on every wave. This significantly can upgrade your experience. Look for the threads on the Challenge to see How high a level can be reached on just Hex F. I believe i got up to level 56 or something just on that Hex. So you if you proceed from that to complete enough to get the skills needed for mana farm, you can easily get up into the 100s level and be able to start mana farming.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

You can and cannot manafarm at the really low levels.

You are reliant upon the game providing you with the gems you need.
You are unable to achieve the kind of success displayed in most (if not all) of the manafarm videos.

What you CAN do, however, is practice. You will not be able to achieve anywhere near the billions of raw exp, but then, when you are a real low level (which, BTW, I would define as under level 100; under level 1000 is "low level&quot you do not need that sort of success, either. What you need is a bit more exp on any given map than you achieved before, in order to get another level or three. That gives you more mana, or maybe a couple more skill levels, which makes the next go a little bit better.

Get rid of the idea that the manafarm will catapult you into the high levels (above level 2500). Oh, to be sure, it will indeed do so. It just takes a bit of work, and a bit of leveling, before that happens. It also takes a few maps, you won't go from 1700 to 3100 in one Endurance run. Similarly, though you can go from 190 to 1210 in one run, you won't be going from 50 to 450 in one run. It will take a few runs, from 50 to something higher to something higher to 1000+.

So, my advice : be patient. Practice, but do not expect the world when you first start manafarming. At real low levels you lack the skills to obtain trillions of post-battle experience or "e" levels of mana.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

On a related note, its very unfortunate that some players on the forums and in the guides/help posts keep calling low levels less than a thousand.

Overwhelmingly, the low level players asking for advice on the forums are levels 1-80 or so. This means that all of the so-called "low-level" information is completely wrong for those players. I personally do not consider levels 200-1000 low level, and neither do the majority of users asking for help if the thread posts are any indication. I think that people should stop calling levels 200-1000 "low-level" and restrict "low level" to those who have not yet completed the game.

Brew78
Brew78
17 posts
Farmer

I agree with the thunderrider guide being very helpful.

And don't underestimate the importance of angering waves.

It adds additional monsters per wave and increases the experience and mana gain per kill of each of those monsters, making the net benefit of each wave way higher than it originally was.

I'm still not clear on this 20x multiplier thing, but angering until the next wave's armor is half your minimum kill gem damage seemed to work really well and I doubled my level each time I did an endurance run. First it was mid 100's into the 300's. Then up to the 700's. After that it starts to level off a little and I'm now in the 1200's.

But for now, definitely use poolbound over bloodbound.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Erile, it is purely a matter of perspective.

When you are having fun with the game the first time around, hitting level 80 or level 107 seems like a new high.

When you then go from 190ish to 1200ish in one run of one map, you realize that those levels are not so high after all.

It is not a slight towards anyone when I say that under 200 is very low level, and that under 1000 is low level. It is just a matter of perspective, having gone and gotten to a high level. If WL was capped at 100, then under 10 would certainly be called "very low", and under 20 would still be called "low". Depending on how easy it was to get there, or how much time has passed since most people started out, even 80 might still be considered "low" while the max is 100. It all depends upon the system in use, and the generally attainable level. And, though it takes more than one such run as well as a certain amount of patience, reaching WL of 3000+ is more than attainable through manafarming into Endurance.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

1-100 is low level.
100-200 is mid level.
200-2000 is high level.
2000+ is epic level.

mkay?
mkay.

Astroshak
Astroshak