ForumsNews and FeedbackMouseover ads suck

5 4288
klaypigeon
klaypigeon
5 posts
Nomad

These ads that keep leaping up and covering my entire game are really ruining my gaming experience. If it was my phone I would uninstall. I have been with Armor a long time and so I am giving you a chance to clean up your act before I depart for good. I gladly watch the preview ads as the game loads but I won't have my play interrupted by constant overlays.

• 5 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Most, if not all of these ads aren't Armor Game's fault, you went on a flash game site and so whatever company paired you with relevant ads. The problem is that the people who made these ads made them to be as intrusive and hard to ignore as possible, thereby getting more people to at least click on them.

That's something most websites have and without adblock is practically impossible to ignore.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There's already a thread related to mouseover ads here.

Edit: I got ninja'd by an actual response.

klaypigeon
klaypigeon
5 posts
Nomad

MostlyMan, Are you saying that Armor Games has no say in who they choose to partner with? Honestly I have no idea what you are trying to say. I mean ya I agree, the people who made these ads made them to be intrusive as possible but it isn't like they are on Armors pages by accident. Armor has a contract with them. They chose them and they can choose what type of ads from the vast selection the service offers that they want to allow.

And Patrick2011 that post is related to removing content when you spend some money. I am not opposed to advertising and I see its worth and I even visit advertisers. But I do not continue to visit sites that use annoying advertising techniques to trick me into clicking by accident or that ruin an otherwise pleasant experience. The work around of course is just to enable adblock for chrome, which I have done. Now I don't see any of the ads on Armor. No ads, no clicks, no ad impressions, now what?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

No ads, no clicks, no ad impressions, now what?

Now you can do what you want on AG without worrying about ads. The only downside is that you're not giving revenue to AG, which is why the admins don't support ad blocking.
klaypigeon
klaypigeon
5 posts
Nomad

My point exactly Patrick. I don't like to enable my ad blocker for that reason and I only do when **** gets too bad.

Showing 1-5 of 5