ForumsArt, Music, and WritingInterest Check: ASC Revival

8 4626
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

For those who post art here, particularly the visual kind. There was once a thread that drew much attention and was particularly fun in my opinion. Now I have been here quit sometime as a user. I would occasionally be active when some thread caught my interest. I do not know how many are still around that did participate in the last attempted Art Skills Competition thread but this thread is simply to gauge the current atmosphere and determine if a revival is at presently worth while.

So you do not know what the Art Skills competition is well here is a brief abstract

A theme is chosen for artists to attempt to express themselves in a visual medium, that is something to be drawn, painted, or what ever means you wish as long as the material within it is not copyrights and is original. The artists have a set amount of time to submit these drawings to the thread, then after the time is done, usually 2 weeks to a month. It is judged by someone deemed the current judge, the judges is responsible to give an adequate opinion on each submission and rank them according to their own standards.

The primary problem is rewarding the best submission, we have attempted many things within our power, such as once I tried to let the winners pick the next theme to be submitted. If we could perhaps get a moderator to reward merits that is it was suppose to be the original ASC reward, which never came about then we might have something in that.

Perhaps even the admins would be kind enough to create quests for the competition, I think it would be a good addon for a monthly based quest system that is rewarded threw some means, perhaps Ferret could have the power to give such a reward Forum Quests! We can even gear the competition to current games and such that would suit the activities of AG.

• 8 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What we can do (currently) is reward all participants with one Merit for entering one or more submissions and give out a Quest for the winner, just like we are doing now with the Armor Games' Armatar Contest!

So the awarding part is already covered @HecticHermit! We just need to find a judge, or several judges, to run the competition! =)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Guess no ones interested

We need a participants more then a judges...I would judge but I think I wouldn't qualify on such things...I am just a hobby artist, just doodle things when I want to

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@Hectichermit: well, I'm interested

I remember how much I enjoyed this contest. Actually, it was the reason why I decided to use my pencils again after a really long break. So, yes, I'd love to see this up and running again

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Ok i'll come up with a thread and then see if I can wrangle up some contestants

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I could be a contestant. Sometimes. At least for the next couple months, when I have access to actual art supplies. Computer art is not a strong point of mine, but I can be handy with a colored pencil or two when I have to be.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'd try and participate every round. I'm trying to become a better artist anyway, just for the hell of it, so I would at least enter something each round if I remembered.

Other people who might be interested in participating may include @FishPreferred, @ivanxxxxxxx, and @weirdlike. That could drum up some fierce competition.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Interested.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I enjoyed it while ASC was still running

Showing 1-8 of 8