ForumsNews and FeedbackSo many Ads

7 5476
TysonD
TysonD
35 posts
Farmer

I remember when Armorgames utilized ads just like any other site. Now, it seems like I can't get to any page or even advance through games without being interrupted by ads every 1-2 minutes... tone down your ads guys...it's ruining your site.

Sincerely,
One of your longest subscribers

• 7 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Do you have any ads ingame? AG dont have any ads ingame (i cant talk about MMOs bacause i dont play them, but i never seen any ads interrupting normal flash-games), so if anything ingame happen it could be yoursided problem (virus, malware, etc).

The rest... well, its not that much, on normal game-pages you have a few ad-bars, maybe ads on the sidelines, but thats it.

jsullivan2
jsullivan2
1 posts
Nomad

Yes AG "does". They're uncommon, but occur. I believe he means the ads that take up the entire screen. Modal... CSS overlays... I got Mr. Peanut a few minutes ago. Anyway, they're annoying and invade game space. They are made to be confusing to close or navigate out of. Dishonest and borderline scam. Welcome to big business

@UnleashedUponMankind Sigh at you. Don't be another pretend "smart guy".

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Get Adblock Plus.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

Get Adblock Plus.

On the one hand, this stops all ads especially from things I don't want to play/support(Quit telling me I should be playing Wartune, it's NOT gonna work.

On the other hand, Adblock is probably a reason why Armorgames is hosting MMOs in the first place to replace the cash lost from Adblock.

So toss up.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont really see ads because of my ad block, which i dont use because of ag, i use to skip youtube video ads, but even before that, i only saw ads on the side, and not on the screen, maybe you should screen cap and show us?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I especially don't appreciate the ads that contain nudity and graphic content that is inappropriate for the younger viewers of this site and is just plain tasteless to all. I hope Ferret has done something about this since I confronted him with evidence about it about a week and a half ago.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I hope Ferret has done something about this since I confronted him with evidence about it about a week and a half ago.

@themastaplaya There isn't that much @Ferret can do, as the ads are provided automatically through marketing services such as Ad Choices and CPMStar. Unless AG gets some employees to vet every single ad that could appear on the site (which would require more man hours, and thus cost more money, and thus require more ads), we'll just have to put up with it.

Showing 1-7 of 7