ForumsSupport ForumJust Wondering

18 3116
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Dont you guys think youre being a LITTLE bit uptight? I mean this is a GAMING forum, not an internet catholic school. Im not trying to offend anybody, but dont you think you guys could lighten up a little?

• 18 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Lighten up in what sense? On spam? Well, there is NO tolerance for spam because if we let some go, then everyone else will think that it is allowed. There are just too many problems that will arise.....

Also, maybe you could be a bit more specific in what you think is so "uptight"

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Is this in reference to a Topic in the World Events, Politics, Religion, Ect. Forum? If it is, I don't really think you need to make a whole topic about it, friendly debate about it*cough*.
It's all really how you take it, this may be a Gaming Site, but this is also the Community. The world of games stops once you step out of the Games section, and its related forums.

Dont you guys think youre being a LITTLE bit uptight?

So the entire Catholic community is being too uptight about their religion I am assuming, from given words, of course. Okay then STAY OUT OF THEIR TOPICS! lol.

Make sense?
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

even the catholics know that they have very uptight schools, thats the whole point of going to one. And i mean uptight about what spam really IS.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I have been in Catholic schools from Kindergarten to fifth grade, and this summer I am moving to yet another Catholic school to start my senior year in highschool. The ones I have been to, aren't "uptight," at all! Maybe I was too young to notice it, but still!

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

What i mean by that is.... like monastaries and stuff like that. the schools in those where the nuns teach.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

look, all i mean is that the staff can be sort of uptight about what is spam and what isnt, Ive been warned before for answering a question with a joke that i thought the asker was leading to.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Like, considering that good, awesome game, sucks, bame game, */10 are all spam, its comments like that that are the first thing I look at before i play it to see if its worth it. I just dont thing those should be considered spam, because its their opinion and it adds to the game "conversation. Among other things.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Well, most of the people that leave these comments are just copy and pasting them from one game to the next. It is not constructive, and they are only doing it for points.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

adds to the game "conversation.

I've never been in a conversation where people say 1-2 word sentences...

Anywayz, it is spam, yes, it gives you a general idea, but how do you know they are actually telling the truth? Any one person can go through over 200 games saying 'good game' each time. Also, a comment that explains why it is good or bad, is a lot more helpful to both the Game's Creator, and it gives any one person a better idea of what they're about to play.
It's not that hard to write a couple sentences of what you like and don't like, you do it every day in your head when watching TV Shows or looking at a person talking to you, it's not that hard to write it down no?
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

And the game rating should tell you just about as much about the game as those comments do.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

But,still,this is hard to understand.
In one given moment we were talking about religion,then about spam.
What is going on?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Anywayz, it is spam, yes, it gives you a general idea, but how do you know they are actually telling the truth? Any one person can go through over 200 games saying 'good game' each time. Also, a comment that explains why it is good or bad, is a lot more helpful to both the Game's Creator, and it gives any one person a better idea of what they're about to play.
It's not that hard to write a couple sentences of what you like and don't like, you do it every day in your head when watching TV Shows or looking at a person talking to you, it's not that hard to write it down no?

Maybe some do, but "inoccent until proven guilty" comes into play here. If you dont know if they are doing that or not, then theyr not until you can prove they are.
But the game rating might tell me something, but every one of those comments gives me a reason to play or not to play the game, which means they DO add something to the comments.
xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

I think the AG forums is fine the way it is, although I don't understand the change in the momentum and the main topic of this...well, thread.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe some do, but "inoccent until proven guilty" comes into play here. If you dont know if they are doing that or not, then theyr not until you can prove they are.

We do warn people about it. Its not like we go around waving the banhammer and smacking everyone who leaves short posts with it. Although swinging a hammer around does sound fun. But we warn people about this behavior, and they only get punished for it if they continue even after we have explained the rules to them.
Showing 1-15 of 18