ForumsThe TavernArgentina vs Germany

12 6378
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Who you think will win the World Cup ? and Why?

• 12 Replies
RoboBeard
RoboBeard
3 posts
Nomad

I'll say Germany because they just play smoothly they know how to pass and how to shoot and they got good players like Müller etc.

Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

Argentina. Because its Argentina.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Germany. Argentina have Messi, Germany have a team.

Argentina aren't playing well at the WC. Too much reliance on Messi.

RedN
RedN
141 posts
Duke

Germany will win.I found the Argentinian team very disappointing in the group phase, it's a big surprise to me to see it in the final, the German team, however, has an impressive squad, it also has a very experienced coach,don't forget that it's his 3rd world cup with this team.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I would not count Argentina out. I like Germany and said they would win it all before the group stage started, but I feel like they are getting over hyped. Yes they crushed Brazil but Brazil was the most overrated team and had key injuries. Argentina does have step it up. They need to attack and cannot just defend for 90 minutes. That being said I am going 2-1 Germany but it can easily go the other way.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

Germany. Argentina have Messi, Germany have a team.

Argentina aren't playing well at the WC. Too much reliance on Messi.

^This
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

So, here we are, at half time, and this forum has managed 6 posts in 1,450 views.

Argentina began with a great defence, and little attack, but this quickly swerved around 35' to a leaking defence with a lot of attack. They should be thankful keepers exist, as this 0-0 score line is all the work of Romero.

Germany has been an bit of everywhere, maintaining most of the play in the Argentine half, and I salute them for it. Two yellows cards (incl. Bastien Schweinsteiger) will put those players on thin ice until the end of the game.

Huigain, Messi and Ozil have all taken their turn in missing what could have been great goals, demoralizing their opponents. Unfortunately, all of these have been valiant failures, leaving the crowds low on things to shout about.

My guess it that it could go either way, but I am sure a lot of people will be annoyed if it ends in penalties.

One Last Note: It does seem that the press coverage of this final is a lot less (as far as I am concerned) than that of the 2010 World Cup Final. Is anyone else noticing this?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

GERMANY WINS
SCHWEINSTEIGER GETS THE LIVING HELL BEATEN OUT OF HIM
ARGENTINA FANS CRY MORE THAN HE DID
AND MESSI MISSED HIS FREE KICK MORE THAN THE CUBS MISS THE WORLD SERIES

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That was a low blow to us Cubbie fans. =(

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

That Germans were too handsome to let their Argentine brothers win! Ok, jk.
Germany had a much better flow throughout the game I thought. Since Soccer is Germany's national sport, I betchya that the beer is flowing in their bars tonight (in celebration, not to forget).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Germany grabbed the deserved victory in my opinion! There were only a handful of decent playing teams this wc and they had the most solid one by far!

Belgium and the U.S. need to be credited for their outstanding effort and hard work! Both teams were awesome to watch in terms of persiverance and spirit, but the skillswere lacking in the end. If they grow some more, then who knows... =)

Argentina didn't deserve the title if you ask me... I simply hate defensive playing teams that rely on counters and then win with a scarse 1-0 victory. That's just not what football is about... it would have been a disgrace if they managed to grab a world title with such disgusting play. Glad Germany took what they deserved! Gratulierung an die Mannschaft! Sehr gutes erfolk fuer die verdiente welltmeister!! =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Oh dear, poor poor Khedira, pulled a calf injury just before kick off.....

Defensive teams that play with counters are great....if they're your team. Boring boring Arsenal! Offside trap and all.

Showing 1-12 of 12