Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Are white males portrayed as "wimps" by the media?

Posted Jul 21, '14 at 2:57pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Skin color is a factor in relation to your culture, and you'd be dead wrong to say it isn't. Your culture isn't based directly on your skin color, but people have the tendency to live near other people of the same skin color.

Posted Jul 23, '14 at 3:34pm

samiel

samiel

424 posts

Ok so I'm incredibly white, but I still don't consider culture to based on race. My celebrated cultures, American first Germanic second, Cherokee third (One of my ancestors from way back when got married to some white guy who showed up on the reservations.) My culture is mixed and I'm pretty proud of it even though the only way to tell is that I get sort if brownish red when I tan. I think rascism has just gone to far the wrong way. Now think about this, Your walking down the street and you don't want to be seen because if the right person finds you they will shoot you because of the color of your skin. That is rascism whether it's the south during the forties and fifties or the ghetto now. Rascism exists and it is strong and nothing can be done about it because of rascism.

Posted Jul 27, '14 at 4:47am

partydevil

partydevil

5,200 posts

Skin color is a factor in relation to your culture, and you'd be dead wrong to say it isn't. Your culture isn't based directly on your skin color, but people have the tendency to live near other people of the same skin color.

ever heard of subcultures?
it is in some cases a factor for sure. i do not deny that. (when it is so it usually ends up in murder and war tho.)
but "white culture" is non-existing. as pointed about befor. the irish, americans and e-europeans have a mostly white population. but they surely do not share the same culture. and that alone should be reason enough to discard the term "white culture". but there is more... while the population of these countries are mainly white, there are still loads of colored people living there aswell who share the same culture. some dark kid born in the usa living there his whole live. will be part of the american culture. and not part of the ethiopian culture where his ancestors come from..
is there more you might be asking... well yea there is. there is also the part where the white and black people hang out together. are being friends together. it might sound a bit silly to you but these things actually happen. they live side by side and share their lives, making culture...

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 4:26am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,236 posts

If you take into consideration sub-cultures and cliques, the whole argument for "White culture" dies further with each word typed. Bravo Partydevil !

It also depends exactly where you live. In American TV shows that show "Suburbia" as these white middle to rich class neighbours, I believe that probably happens, that's probably the biggest sterotype of American "White-Culture" but in reality, how many of those exist and even if a lot, how many of those people strictly follow the cliche of their neighbourhood?

Posted Aug 2, '14 at 8:12am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

115 posts

No... They aren't. Since when. Wimpy looking people maybe. Strong looking, smart looking, ect. people are not portrait and wimpy but smart and strong. STOP MAKING UP THINGS AND CREATING UNNECESSARY GOSSIP!

Reply to Are white males portrayed as "wimps" by the media?

You must be logged in to post a reply!