ForumsGame WalkthroughsRaze 3: Hide Yo Kids Bed Intruder! Achievement Step-by-Step Guide (Reton8)

6 15520
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here is how to unlock the Hide Yo Kids Bed Intruder! achievement for Raze 3.

The achievement is unlocked in the Human Campaign, Mission 1: New Recruits (the tutorial level).

You will need to get to the end of the tutorial, but not leave the ship, then you have to go back to the very beginning of the tutorial to unlock this achievement.

Step-by-Step Instructions:

1.) Starting from the end of the tutorial (right before you jump out of the ship) go back to the area with the jump pad.

2.) You'll need to use the jump pad to get above the wall by where you drop down from where the rockets shoot at you (this is the very bottom left side of the screen). I used a running start and then jump when I am over the jump pad.

3.) Next, go up on the top of the wall ledge (by where you drop down from where the rockets shoot at you near the very bottom left side of the screen), edge your way just a bit to the right side of the ledge. You don't have to be really close to the right side of the ledge, just a bit right center. Run left and then jump and double jump back up on to the conveyor belt. Both times I got back up on the conveyor belt, I happened to use my Static Blade simultaneously with my jump. So I ran left, hit W (to jump) and F (to slash) at the same time and then hit W again to double jump on to the ledge. I don't know if using your ability with jumping actually helps, but that's how I got up to the conveyor belt both times.

If you fail the jump and fall to your left, you can just double jump back onto the wall. If you slip of the edge on the right side, use the jump pad again to get back up.

4.) Once on the conveyor belt, run right back toward the armory area where you get the Katana (the upper right corner of the tutorial).

5.) You will now need to double jump onto the higher up ledge to the left, where you started the tutorial. It will look like a grey wall is blocking the jump, but you will jump right though it.

6.) Once your are up on the ledge run all the way to the left, back to where you started the level. You will see another grey wall, just like the first one, you can run right through it. Make sure to run all the way to the left, even to go so far as to touch the far left outside wall.

You should unlock the Hide Yo Kids achievement at this point.

• 6 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1) Its a Static Blade, not a katana.

2) You don't need to use your ability to make the double jump.

~~~Darth Caedus

MercWithMouth
MercWithMouth
38 posts
Constable

Well... I got the achievement. Why in the world was it called "bed intruder" though?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@MercWithMouth
At the beginning of the stage (New Recruits), If you look into the background you will see bunk beds. Once you drop down to lower section of the stage, it takes a decent amount of climbing to return back to the bunk bed area. However, further explanation is needed.

In 2010 a video was uploaded to the website YouTube. The video was a short news segment featuring the interview of a man by the name Antoine Dodson. Dodson was being interviewed because an assailant broke climbed into Dodson's sister's bedroom, which was on the second floor. After breaking through Dodson's sister's window the assailant tried to sexually assault her, but eventually fled the scene. It was the quirky remarks of Antoine Dodson, in the news interview, that made the video go viral.

Here is the link to the original video:
Antoine Dodson Funny News (Original)

The YouTube channel schmoyoho remixed the Dodson interview into a song soon after the upload of the original Dodson news segment. The title of this remix was BED INTRUDER SONG!!!.

Here is a link to the schmoyoho remixed song:
BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes)

Thus, the naming of the Raze 3 quest Bed Intruder, due to the similar aspects of the Dodson news story and the quest. Both the quest and Dodson news story deal with climbing into an area with beds.

AgentDarkfire
AgentDarkfire
2 posts
Nomad

you could also use the perk that gives you a third jump

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@AgentDarkfire
I think, because it is the tutorial level, the game gives you a standard set of weapons, equipment, and perks. So, no matter what weapons, equipment, and perks you select, the game will always set them to the standard tutorial weapons, equipment, and perks. I just gave it a test and I did not seem to have the triple jump even though I equipped it. You may want to test for yourself though.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Thanks for the help Reton, I never would've thought of that haha!

Showing 1-6 of 6