ForumsThe TavernSuperbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition

258 106241
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again. It's time for superbobdabest's 3rd annual football competition. For all of you who have not played in this competition I'd like to first inform you that this is first American football and it is the NFL not college. Second if you would like to join you must first watch or know enough about the teams to say which are good and which are not and you must be decently active. If so then if you would like to just ask to sign up. All of the rules, scores, news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this as often as possible. We have 10 total spots, 9 remaining.

Scoring Points:

For those of you who have been in this before there have been some changes. The way it goes is: We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams (not counting further trades). Every time that team wins, you get 3 points. In the result of a tie both teams will earn 1 point. There is also Playoff Points (see below).

Draft

The way the draft works is I will write the names of the people who have signed up down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. The first person I pull out of the hat will draft last during the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up, meaning the last person of the first round will go first in the second round, and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other player(s) are allowed to make trades at anytime. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. Draft picks will not be allowed to be involved in a trade until the draft order is posted. Both players must post that they are okay with the trade before I make it official.

Playoff Points

Next; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 2 points. Winning the Wild Card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you 3 points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 4 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 5 points. Winning the Superbowl gives you a whopping 6 points. If you don't like the playoff points scoring system we may take a vote about it later in the season.

Rules and Penalties

Rules are anything that will get you trouble anywhere else on AG, will get you in trouble here. If an offense is committed, depending on how ultimate the offense is you could face loss of points or even an ejection from the competition. This hasn't been a problem in the past and I don't intend it to be.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question or comment just post here or on my profile. If you would like to sign up then make sure you have read the above and then just comment below. Draft order will be decided after 9 more people have signed up. Thanks everyone.

• 258 Replies
Showing 376-375 of 258