ForumsGamesGC:CS: 2 Frame/sec lag at 9990 monster?

9 2276
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I tried a full F6 9990 monster farm....once I got from 500 chain to 5k chain, it became 2 frame/sec. And impossible to go past 1x speed. How do people get 20+k monsters to run decently fast?

Only google chrome open, priority set to high for GC CS webpage, everything closed, minimum settings, no music, no youtube, no other games, and still this! :/

Game also ran slower than I remembered at 500 chain vs 2K+ chain on 1998 monsters. What gives?

• 9 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Extreme PCs and not laptops (I handled easily 10k monsters on mine brother's i5 4670k, people can have better ones), standalone flash players, maybye linux (saved about 5 fps for me).

ifju
ifju
91 posts
Shepherd

Avoid using Flying priority, it calculates way too much.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Ok, but why was it slower for not-even 2k chain when I remember last time a month ago, but same version, it ran it just fine at 80% normal speed!

And just who uses flying priority in a trap lmao.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The only thing I can think of would be that you had some background process going on, such as a virus scan. Or perhaps a virus.

That "flying, spires, carrying orblet, highest banishment cost" setting could be considered useful due to the "highest banishment cost" portion, if someone was afraid that monsters would get past the trap. It could also be considered if someone planned on popping the killgem into a tower and hitting it with a Bolt spell for when a flier/spire appeared on the map, then popping it back into the trap (refreshing with Barrage) with the Slow trap just before the killgem keeping the monsters close enough to the trap that it won't let leakers by.

I'm just guessing though.

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

open GC CS in an extra tab(not on the AG site embedded). improves performance a lot.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Extra tab? Not on AG site embed? Standalone then? How? Where to get? Does it come with premium(eg I log in and it gets it)?

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

I don't know what he's talking about either.

I get just as much lag with 30k monsters as I did with 20k monsters. It is displaying slowdown, but it is not unplayable to the patient.

cronos51
cronos51
108 posts
Nomad

He was probably talking about using the straight path to the *.swf, once that you're logged in.
(cache.armorgames.com/files/games/gemcraft-chasing-sha-15760.swf)

Never tried that myself.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Cronos help? I can't seem to log in onto the cache. I keep logging in but it wont let me stay in on the cache. Help

Showing 1-9 of 9