ForumsWEPRThe Future of Energy?

41 19459
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Ladies, gentlemen, I give you the best option for future safe, efficient nuclear energy: Thorium Power. Everything that needs to be discussed is in the link. Wind power is inefficient and expensive, solar power isn't durable, it's expensive, inefficient. Oil pollutes and causes border disputes, coal is just unsafe. Uranium is unstable and creates waste. Thorium energy is the answer to all these problems.

Thoughts and critiques?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ac/ac2d655cebd931468f9d48ea1290286e3bc33d772de9b2eae93161ca31d1a7ed.jpg

• 41 Replies
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

So just a thought, Most of the world is just fine using renewable sources of energy. Wind, solar, hydroelectric, as these technologies are improved they become more effective and more advanced. If you have something that works and you make it work better it works. TAH DAH energy crisis solved, not using overly complicated revalitionary science. It can be solved using common sense.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

And what is impossible to science?

Above a quantum level, the first and second laws of thermodynamics can't be broken. Ever. We can extend the length of time a machine will work for (eg. with a flywheel), but not indefinitely.
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Umm... that is exactly what I stated HERE

It eventually breaks down, but the possibility of energy gained is there. To me that is perpetual motion (or maybe semi-perpetual motion). All you need to do is apply the energy required again, then you're up and running.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It eventually breaks down, but the possibility of energy gained is there. To me that is perpetual motion (or maybe semi-perpetual motion). All you need to do is apply the energy required again, then you're up and running.

But the system does not generate energy, it consumes energy. And honestly I wonder how much power the generator sucked out of the power source, probably the same amount in that short time as it would have needed to power the grinding machine directly, for a long time.

All you need to do is apply the energy required again, then you're up and running.

Where is the difference between constant energy flow and burst-like energy inputs when the sum is the same?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

But THIS is actually pretty interesting to me, I wonder if it could be achieved using a smaller motor with gears.

A hoax like that can be achieved with just about anything.

That's an opinion.

Feel free to resume this discussion after looking up the meaning of that term.

Think about this: Is there anything I can say that will make you feel satisfied that your point has been made without someone else applauding your attacks on my attempts at being civil?

This is pure drivel. Who is looking for appause? Who is dissatisfied? Who is attacking? What is being attacked? Why would you need to say more?
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

My points still valid. Modern science already fixed the issue, when you combine that with selfcontroll about the way you use energy life gets easier.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

My points still valid. Modern science already fixed the issue, when you combine that with selfcontroll about the way you use energy life gets easier.

If people would act responsible in all aspects of life, there would be no poor, no hunger, and no power issues. We technically have the means...
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Feel free to resume this discussion after looking up the meaning of that term.

Are you trolling?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Are you trolling?

No; are you?

It's perfectly simple. You have either misunderstood or, for some reason, intentionally misused the term. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt by supposing you are simply mistaken, however, so my previous statement stands.
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

All aboard the thorium-powered gravy train! Now fitted with an extra-strong basket so you can store ALL your eggs!

Showing 31-40 of 41