ForumsWEPRIs the world screwed enough that it should be destroyed?

65 37443
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

From the things I have notice around the world, From territory disputes to social media activism, should this world be destroyed? Post opinions pls.

• 65 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Now, now... surely we can come up with better solutions to our world's problems than destroying the planet? Even if you've lost all faith in humanity, keep in mind that we're not the only species who exists on this planet anyway... =)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

I would argue that however bad the situation is, destruction is never an option. Noone would gain anything from it. Obviously.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Who would benefit from our annihilation anyway?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I don't feel the world is in THAT bad of shape. Justin Bieber may be the issue, but I don't want to die over him.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

From the things I have notice around the world, From territory disputes to social media activism, should this world be destroyed? Post opinions pls.

I think the world is in a very bad way with everything going on (When you consider we probably know very little compared to what is actually happening) but no I don't believe it should be destroyed. My reasoning is 100% selfish. The world may suck but my life is amazing and I wouldn't trade my fiance, family, friends and puppies for anything.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

No, but about 95% of the people in the world are pigs and should be "destroyed", not the earth itself. Only about 5% of the world population (probably less) is made up of decent human beings that are actually worth being spared.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

And fortunately none of them are poor, starving or infected, so we'll cure poverty, world hungry and disease as well. Woo.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

No, but about 95% of the people in the world are pigs and should be "destroyed"

There's nothing outrageous or unusual about that claim whatsoever.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Yes. Obviously the only reasonable thing for us to do to better the world is to destroy it in its entirety. Bravo OP

No, but about 95% of the people in the world are pigs and should be "destroyed"

When most people say we should learn from the likes of Hitler, Mao Tsetung, Stalin, etc. they mean we shouldn't repeat history and all of that sentimental jazz.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Let's assume you are insane enough to reduce global population to 350,000,000. How would they be distributed? (US population: 318,417,000)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

No.

And I think that answer suffices.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

No, but about 95% of the people in the world are pigs and should be "destroyed", not the earth itself. Only about 5% of the world population (probably less) is made up of decent human beings that are actually worth being spared.

Who decides what people are worth saving?

And fortunately none of them are poor, starving or infected, so we'll cure poverty, world hungry and disease as well. Woo.

That's certainly the most disgusting thing I've read all day. Because some is poor, starving, or has a disease, they're pigs not worth saving? Try thinking that one over again. Although, based on the comment you made following that, I doubt that the above was an misunderstanding on my end.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Let's assume you are insane enough to reduce global population to 350,000,000. How would they be distributed? (US population: 318,417,000)

I presume what you mean to say is to reduce global population to 318,417,000 people, and I think the answer is obvious.

People with money, obviously.

When most people say we should learn from the likes of Hitler, Mao Tsetung, Stalin, etc. they mean we shouldn't repeat history and all of that sentimental jazz.
I find it interesting you consider Stalin to be a lesser evil than Hitler and Mao when Hitler had the shortest reign and smallest death toll.

And one final thing, if we are going to destroy the world (which probably will happen), the best way is a virus non-communicable to animals but deadly to humans.http://cdn3.sbnation.com/profile_images/186786/trollface_tiny.jpg

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I find it interesting you consider Stalin to be a lesser evil than Hitler and Mao when Hitler had the shortest reign and smallest death toll.

What makes you thing I had them listed that way specifically?
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Why bother saving anyone? Even if you spared the right ones, why exterminate most of the species, only to have the "undesirable" populace return within the next 3-6 generations? Eugenics isn't exactly infallible, after all.

And one final thing, if we are going to destroy the world (which probably will happen), the best way is a virus non-communicable to animals but deadly to humans.

There's no direct correlation to global destruction, so no. It would also still be an immense risk to the rest of the world's species unless it produced lethal symptoms in less than a day or so, in which case it would be easy to quarantine and eliminate.
Showing 1-15 of 65