ForumsQuestsMore Quests

4 5010
SolidFraze
SolidFraze
11 posts
Scribe

Hello my name is Simon.I want to talk about the quests in the games.So i'll make a little list:

1) There are games without quests.They are still cool but it would be even cooler if there was some.

2) A game with more quests means with more interesting stuff.

3) There aren't much multiplayer games with quests.I would add some.

I want to add one more important thing.There should be more action
games.For me those are the favorite games.

Thanks forward to any staff members to read this.This is only my suggestion so i understand if you can't do this.

• 4 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Simon! These are good suggestions you have, but I'm not sure what the admins can do about any of these things... new quests are always in the works, so that's always something to be optimistic about!

1) There are games without quests.They are still cool but it would be even cooler if there was some.

This glorious site is home to over 3,000 games, only 77 of which have quests. Adding quests to a game takes time, which is why they are only released about every week. At that rate, it would take over 60 years to add quests to every game this site has, and most of the games, especially the older and more obscure ones, don't even receive enough plays anymore for the quests to be worth the effort, so it's usually only the most popular newer ones that get quested.

If you have any specific games in mind that don't currently have quests that you wish did, you can suggest them here. =)

2) A game with more quests means with more interesting stuff.

Quests may give more people a reason to play a game, but how interesting you perceive the game to be is entirely up to you. =)

If you mean MMOs, they often appeal to a different audience than regular flash games do... people who are dedicated to earning quests do not necessarily want to dedicate too much time to too many MMOs, since they can be more time-consuming than standard flash games, and many serious MMO players are not interested in quests anyway. The admins were careful to add quests only to the two most popular MMO games we have in stock to keep both audiences happy. =)

But if you do have any MMO games you would like quests on, you can suggest them in the thread made specifically for that, which I shot you a link to a little further up. =)
SolidFraze
SolidFraze
11 posts
Scribe

Thanks for the useful information!I would be glad to fill up some of those posts.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

There are games like Exit Path and Exit Path 2, that are multiplayer, but not MMO, in which quests could be added. But if a quest required a multiplayer situation to be achieved (for example a quest that might say "Be in the top 10 of the multiplayer leaderboard.&quot it might not work as planned. A quest like that is susceptible to cheaters, making it hard to get past them in the leaderboards.

Another example of a problem that multiplayer quests face are quests like quests like, "Play 100 multiplayer matches." The problem with a quest like this is that, when a game becomes too old, there will be less and less people playing multiplayer, making it hard to achieve that quest.

However there is a multiplayer game that has quests on it,
Shell Shock Live 2

One last note, as for MMOs. As Skeleton_Pilot pointed out, MMO quests can take weeks and up to months to complete, which most questers not wanting to waste that much time for one or two quests. On top of that most MMOs, although free to play, have many items and goodies that can be purchased with real money. Although the current quests for MMOs do not require a player to purchase anything, buying in-game goodies can drastically speed up the process in completing certain quests. Many questers are not happy about the idea of paying real money to help them earn a few quests (which means these questers have to earn the quests the slow way in order to avoid paying real money.)

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

There are games without quests.They are still cool but it would be even cooler if there was some.

Afaik quests are not a "AG-only-sided" story, the devs had to do some work. AG provides a lil program which give a game access to some AG-things, like AGs online save system... and quests.
Also devs must implement AG quests, so its an extra work for the devs, AG can ask devs, but they can´t force them to make quests for AG.

It´s not a big deal if (this counts specially for "bigger" projects/games) devs implement this device and make some AG-quests available when they are still working on their new game.
But going back to an old game and spent some extra work on it, specially when they may are working on suquels or other titles...
Showing 1-4 of 4