Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Why are men, no, boys my age so base?

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 1:22pm

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,701 posts

But he wants to play basketball. Unless another gym exists within a reasonable distance, minus the obnoxious people, then he would have less of a case, but I find that unlikely. Yeah, he'd be better off with other people, but as it stands those people do not spend time on the court.

It isn't a perfect solution, I know, but, short of something illegal, it's probably the most effective. Because people who never mature can't function in other aspects of society, popular sport is often where they end up. There may not be any means of working around it.

WHO THE HELL are you to talk to me like this, you dog! If you think that being a base pig makes you a man, then get out of here and go back to the stone you crawled out from underneath.

Sorry, but that's just too ironic. BTW, calling someone a dog is one of the basest and most asinine things to call someone.

A man will stand up for himself, his morals, and others. A base pig is someone who allows himself to be bullied, then whines, and keeps going because they subconsciously like the drama of it.

I don't mean to nitpick, but surely there's something else we can associate this behaviour with. I can confidently say that no dog, pig, or *** has ever behaved in such a way, so there really isn't any meaning to these metaphors. Unfortunately, there is nothing sub-human - or even uncommon - about the baseness described here.

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 1:42pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

I guess this is just going to turn into another "lets attack @themastaplaya" situation where everyone tries to turn everything back around and make me out to be a terrible person. Instead, I'm going to act like the better person (since I am) and ignore your disgusting insults. I am going to attempt to carry on and keep all of you on track.
The reason I chose "boys my age" is because I notice that males aged adolescent through 20s are distinctively more immature and foul-mouthed than everyone else that I meet. I wanted to know who or what causes them to think and behave this way and why they seem so uncomfortable and hateful towards me. Does anyone want to contribute constructively, or do you just want to keep attacking me? Yes, I agree that I shouldn't have responded that way toward user Crazyape, but my being upset and briefly overreacting doesn't merit you to go on a ranting spree about how I am so awful.

last edited Jul 28 2014 01:46 pm by SportShark

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 1:53pm

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,120 posts

The reason I chose "boys my age" is because I notice that males aged adolescent through 20s are distinctively more immature and foul-mouthed than everyone else that I meet.

That may be the case in most people around your age, but I'm friends with guys around that age, and they're not immature, as you put it. They are quite polite and friendly to everyone. You just gotta keep looking.

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 2:08pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

Deep down inside I know that there are nice people my age around, but where are they? Sooo maany jerks everywhere I go! The ones at the gym, the ones at the grocery store that want to get in mt face and fight me for no apparent reason (I'm 6'5", so made they feel intimidated and jealous, i dunno), the ones who flip out and and road rage me for driving the speed limit, the ones who.. well you get it. I don't no what's wrong. I'm not doing or saying anything to them, so what is their problem? I"m beginning to generally see myself as a kind, intelligent, quiet person who is surrounded by hordes of malevolent beasts.

last edited Jul 28 2014 02:09 pm by SportShark

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 3:01pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,750 posts

Deep down inside I know that there are nice people my age around, but where are they? Sooo maany jerks everywhere I go! The ones at the gym, the ones at the grocery store that want to get in mt face and fight me for no apparent reason (I'm 6'5", so made they feel intimidated and jealous, i dunno), the ones who flip out and and road rage me for driving the speed limit, the ones who.. well you get it. I don't no what's wrong. I'm not doing or saying anything to them, so what is their problem? I"m beginning to generally see myself as a kind, intelligent, quiet person who is surrounded by hordes of malevolent beasts

Careful with the narcissism. You keep saying that you're better than all these other people, but you're not. You're different is all. The things they find fun and interesting are not so in your opinion. How other people act may seem stupid or immature (and it may be) but you're the odd one out. Don't get so puffed up that you start acting like an arrogant snob because that will drive away every person who's worth being friends with. A lot of how people act and react is based on body language and tone of voice. I wouldn't be surprised if people are hostile with you because you're hostile with them, perhaps unknowingly.

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 5:44pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,986 posts

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking. In the instance of this thread, you swung first and that was bound to get a reaction. It isn't specifically you. Anyone could have said the same thing and gotten the same results. Just putting that out there, you're no victim.

Like I said last time, just be nice to people. You might not know it but you could be unintentionally offending people or things like that. I can't really help you much though since I can't see you interacting with other people. Just try to be nice and if they aren't nice back, they don't matter and don't talk to them. I also agree with Kasic. Don't think of yourself as better than people, because people won't like that.

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 5:54pm

minecraftsniper

minecraftsniper

611 posts

If youre having that problems with those guy's behavior maybe they have some problems on home or something like that ? because i have knew a friend of mine that was agressive and had a lot of problems at home and he bulied people and by bully i dont mean fighting i mean of insulting but things at his home became more lets say "nice" and he is now one of my best friends , i would say to defend yourself against them but not with punchs use the words only no need to go violent , in my case if they insult me its something if they insult of my familiars or something i can go very mad at that , im wondering waht things they said/do to you and the qay you would act at it .

Posted Jul 28, '14 at 7:29pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

3,249 posts

Careful with the narcissism. You keep saying that you're better than all these other people, but you're not.

I also share this worry. According to masta's profile, he lists himself amongst his five favourite people - second only to Jesus. The other three on that list are Hippocrates, Pythagoras, and Alexander the Great. Even if that list isn't in any particular order, that is some pretty elite company.

But I'm probably missing the point here, anyway. I did, after all, have to look up the meaning of the word 'base' before I posted. According to the definition I found, though, the 'baseness' (is that the correct use of 'base' as a noun?) of adolescent males can be explained in part by a number of physical, biochemical, and emotional changes that take place during this time period. Many adolescents struggle with self-identity, relying too much on the opinions of others when forming opinions about themselves. Add to that chemical imbalances and major changes to the brain during this same period and the result is unsurprising.

Posted Jul 29, '14 at 1:55am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,826 posts

WHO THE HELL are you to talk to me like this, you dog! If you think that being a base pig makes you a man, then get out of here and go back to the stone you crawled out from underneath.

So you complain about the idiotic boisterous attitudes of those your age and yet act in such a manner when someone gives advice?
k

I guess this is just going to turn into another "lets attack @themastaplaya"

I'm surprised you haven't figured out why this is yet.
It's because you are the OP of the threads these happen in (when you aren't, the things you tend to be saying are quiet...shocking..to say the least). Because you are the OP, the thread is being based on your OP, and when you are in a place where the thread can tend to be revolving around the nitpicking of the opening post and its argument..

The reason I chose "boys my age"

As someone that is a "boy your age" I enjoy the vast amount of generalizations you have :^)

-----

p.s. Where did you get such a large fedora?

Posted Jul 29, '14 at 8:53am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,430 posts

Knight

The reason I chose "boys my age" is because I notice that males aged adolescent through 20s are distinctively more immature and foul-mouthed than everyone else that I meet.

As others have said, get different company. If you surround yourself with nice people, you'll feel the weight off your shoulders, you treat others nicer and the cycle of pleasantness continues.

Probably a good idea to get that chip off your shoulder too. Not to say you're completely at fault, but perhaps it'll be good to see whether there's anything that puts people off you too.