ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93844
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
Level: 2
XP: 1/15
HP: 105/110 (Broken arm [casted])
-----
Clothing: Desert Combat Boots, ACU pants, ACU Jacket
Inventory: Beretta M9 (15/14 9mm rounds)

(Apparently not with that ****in' curveball you threw me there. I asked for hard, not grenade-throwing ghosts. xD)

I fight the darkness, and grope for my pistol, vaguely wondering if Max's seat was wet from all the cups and liqueur that had probably gone through his ghosty body.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----

(I didn't even expect that that part of him would come to light! From now on I'm just going to prepare every situation for you going berserk and trying to kill everybody. Also remember all the guys with guns, the whole battalion of guys just downstairs? I would have liked to see you bull*hit your way through that! :P)

You lash out mentally against the physical limits that have been placed on your body all to no avail as you begin to feel sluggish and eventually black out completely.

You wake up in a daze. Bright light is being shone into your face and pain radiates up your entire right side. "He's......... again." You here part of conversation near you. Then you feel the world rock as pain flares up you spine.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(I was just going to declare myself the new boss of the place and shoot anyone who disagreed. However many people that would have been. I figure only one guard can fit the door at a time)

Speaking of bullsh*tting,

I open my eyes wide, staring straight, a look of horror stamped across my face.

"They're coming, Commander! The ghosts are coming!"

I twist and curl up.

"Don't let them in...."

Screaming,

"Don't let them into my head! Oh god! No! Not again! I can't fight the voices! I can't fight them anymore! No more, doc! Stop! I can't take anymore, doc! Stop the injections!"

I bolt up, grabbing the closest weapon, and try to slam into the first armed person I see.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 95/110 (Broken arm [casted]), bruised temple.
-----
Clothing: Dark blue t-shirt, white underwear

(Hehehehe that would have gone badly for you anyways!)

As you try to get up you realize that your arms and legs are bound to a chair. You scream and scream but you realize that there isn't anybody around to hear you. Your mind racing you see that your bound to a metal chair with metal bindings. The room is just four concrete walls and a concrete roof. It's dark and the corners of the room are in shadow. The pain in your body intensifies as you come back to your full awareness. You notice that your clothes have been stripped away and all your wearing is a t-shirt and some underwear. From what you can tell there is nobody around.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Waiting for you, sunshine! You're going to let me out of here eventually!"

Might as well milk this crazy thing. I concentrate on slowing my heartrate and releasing adrenaline and endorphins while waiting for someone to show up.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
You shout and shout for a good half hour before anything happens. In that time you've gotten rid of most of the adrenalin, though you can still feel some circulating. You hear a loud screeching behind you of metal on metal, then a whoosh of warm air hits your back. Then the breeze stops and the screech happens again. You feel a hand on your shoulder but when you look there isn't anybody there. Suddenly your turned around to see that where you felt the warm breeze come from is just another concrete wall. You feel something cold and metallic against the back of your neck. A tingling sensation begins to run up and down your spine. Footsteps echo around the room but you can't see anybody.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I realize not much is going on, and try to take a nap. I haven't slept in a while.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 90/110 (Broken arm [casted])
-----
Inventory:

Just as you close your eyes you are elbowed right in the face startling you. You see Max leaning against the wall rubbing his elbow, while someone gets up from beside you and the doctor is also in the room flicking a needle. Your back in the hospital, your still bound to a metal chair. "I couldn't find anything sir." The man beside you says as he salutes to Max. "Fair enough, get back to work." Max says with an exasperated sigh when he leaves. "Your causing me more hassle then your worth. We're going to drop you in the city and you'll be left alone. Unless you cause trouble for people then we'll be back, for different reasons. Alright? Wheel him out. Your moved by someone behind you into the corridor and out around the workshop. You see a brown pickup with it's engine running outside. "Anything you want to say before you go?"

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Inventory:

"**** you, the punk-*** little *****. I'm gonna come back and kill everyone here. Kill me now, if you're smart." I spit in his face.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Inventory:

"Okay." He pulls a revolver and shoots you square between the eyes.

You have died! Congratulations you managed to do the one thing that would get you killed in this scenario! So here's the question, new character? Or not? (If you want to keep your character I could pull something out of the bag.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Lmao. Because cussing someone out is worse than actually drawing on them. Y U NO MAKE ME GHOSTY?!

New character, if you feel up to the task. Or pull something out of the hat if you feel lazy.

Edit: I'm still alive because I have lots of HP left. AND HOW COME I CAN'T SHOOT HIM BUT HE CAN SHOOT ME? That's godmodding...

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(It was the spitting in the face, if you just swore at him he would have left you go, if you punched him he would have broken your knee but still left you go. I didn't think you'd spit in his face!)

(Check your inventory, you don't have a gun. Also that's his power, that was a key element in the original game, his power was to make very realistic holographs of himself. I didn't even expect you to discover that if I'm honest!)

-----
HP: 0/110 (Broken arm [casted])
-----
Inventory:

(Now you have no health :P)

(It's up to you, do you want to keep this character or not?)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

(It was the spitting in the face, if you just swore at him he would have left you go, if you punched him he would have broken your knee but still left you go. I didn't think you'd spit in his face!)

A lot of the unexpected. You remember that guy in the columbine video that ran away from the shooters, they said stop, and he was like "**** you!"? Yeah. Another character! I'm going for the high score. How many people did I kill/maim/wound/psychologically damage?

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
-----
Clothing:

I guess I start off in the village shopping for tea or something? xD
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

(Ain't no tea in the apocalypse!)

(You killed about 11 people. You usually killed everybody so no people maimed nor wounded nor psychological damage.)

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing:

(That is an interesting character. Mind explaining soul control?)
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Clothing:

(You know when you're really mad, and you feel something just below where you heart is, pulling you to do something you know you shouldn't? I can do that to people.)

I stand up, and look down at my majestically nude body.

"What kinda party was I at last night? Where am I? Crap, I just wanted some tea..."
I look around for my castle.

Showing 196-210 of 502