ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93923
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
-----
Clothing: Grey Checkered boxers, tan crocs, wine-red smoking robe, white silk v-neck t-shirt

"You're right, we need to stick together."
I impale her on my sharp tail, kebabing her.
"Better stay close to all the dead people."
I shake her off, and get to my castle as quickly as I can.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing: Grey Checkered boxers, tan crocs, wine-red smoking robe, white silk v-neck t-shirt

She looks at you with horror and confusion in her face as she grabs at your tail, as if trying to figure out what just happened. Her face drains of what little colour was left and she goes limp as you retract your tail. She falls to the ground as you turn away. Heading up hill you see your castle framed against the darkened sky. It seems to have weathered whatever the heck is going on. You see bodies up and down the street, some with wounds that look like they would do no harm while others are missing whole limbs. About five minuets walk a man grabs at your leg, begging for you to help him. You can see his legs are badly broken.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(Why in ****'s name would someone ask for help from something that looks like what I do right now? And why am I walking?)

I take his hand in my claws, gently picking him up. With a quick slash of my tail, I put him out of his misery.

Ew. People.

Any seriously wounded person I encounter on my quick traverse to my castle, I mercy kill.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

Why in ****'s name would someone ask for help from something that looks like what I do right now?
(His body and mind were in shock so he just saw you as something that could possibly help him.)

And why am I walking?
(Just change walk to run or jog. Slight mistake there.)

His eyes go wide with gratitude and starts blessing your soul for your kindness, he would have gone on had a tail not appeared within his brain.

Ew. People.
(That made me chuckle.)

Along the path you find four more in various unsavable conditions, quickly put out of their misery you only hear the startings of their thanks and prayers. You then spot a woman holding, what seems to be, an entire stone wall off of herself. You see her arms are trembling ever so slightly, as you get closer you see the trembling getting worse and worse. You can't see if she's hurt or not but you can see that she seems to be focused on nothing but keeping the wall off of her.
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

What spirit. I swoop over, and put my back against the wall, allowing her to escape. ****, hope this ain't too heavy.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You quickly move over and grab the wall. The cobblestones are rough against your back and cold to the touch. Sliding your hands underneath the wall you heave, looking down you see the woman's arms become stock still while she still takes the weight of the wall. You take more and more of the walls weight and your feet begin to slip, just a little. Concentrating solely on the wall you lose focus of your shapeshifting and return to normal. Glancing down you see her slowly rotate herself, walking her hands in a circle so as to keep as much weight as she can. After what seems to be five whole minutes her lower body is out from under the wall, she begins to walk her hands to the edge of the wall and shimmy her way out from under it. Soon all that is left under it is her head, "Your going to need to take the whole weight of the wall when I get out, just hold it for a moment." She says through gritted teeth. You see her body tense as she gets ready to move and then she nods to you. As she lets go of the wall you feel the true weight bearing down on you. Your muscles start burning, stretching your tendons and ligaments all the while you feet begin to slip more and more. She springs out and you drop the wall, slowly sliding to the ground, sweat pouring out of your body. Looking up you see a hand in front of you, it's the woman offering to help you up.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Thanks, ma'am." I say, wiping sweat from my eyes as I take her hand and get up.
"Come with me to my castle. I left the gates closed and all the doors locked. My staff should still be functional, depending on how long they've been running. I can offer you shelter and protection until we can organize a rescue attempt."

If it's quite alright, I'd like to cash in on that whole robot tinkering. Was thinking I had a robotic staff, with a person guard that could charge themselves. Don't want to be too OP or godmod or anything.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Partner: ???

As you take her hand you feel a slight wetness, first you think it's sweet but when you pull your hand away you notice the red tinge.
She looks at your pantless self and thinks for a moment. "You seem to be one of those people who live interesting lives. Ya alright, I did always want to see what was up there." She nods with her head toward your castle, her brown hair is cut short, nearly a buzz-cut. You notice now that she is wearing brown work boots with a cotton-like pants that have a workers look about them, paint flecks here and there, pockets bulging with random tools and things. A blue jumper is tied around her waist and all she is wearing is a sleeveless white shirt. She turns, almost elegantly, and begins walking to your castle.

If it's quite alright, I'd like to cash in on that whole robot tinkering. Was thinking I had a robotic staff, with a person guard that could charge themselves.
(Well how advanced are they? Can the hold an intelligent conversation? Or are they just basic thralls? I'm just saying because your character doesn't have a history of AI creation or even robotics so an entire staff would take many a year to create, but you do have vast wealth... Maybe your brought someone in to teach you? Or even just got them to build you the staff and now you have them on retainer for repairs, teaching and creation of new models. You'd need to give over a sizable portion of the castle for this, between testing chambers, manufacturing areas, AI production, lots and lots of computers and lots of electricity. I'm just going to assume you have a small power-plant nearby to keep all this jazz rolling, that is if you take this route, but I'm not sure how else you could have a robotic staff.)
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Partner: ???

(Not too sophisticated. Merely commands and voice recognition. More thralls than companions. And of course there would be a thorium reactor and power converter in the cellar of my castle. Here's the castle I was thinking of http://www.gotravel24.com/files/images/Bran%20Castle,%20Romania.%20Photo%20tourism-zones.com.jpg)

"I should hope so. What's your name?" I say, hiking to the road up to my castle.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Partner: Sabena/Sab.

(I'm not going to ask where you got the thorium.)

"Sabena. Call me Sab. I am going to take the wild guess that you are the infamous Mr. Valentino?" She asks almost rhetorically. As you walk you pass a few more corpses, Sab looks at them, seeming to be looking for anybody who is alive, or she could just be looking to see if they have anything of worth that is visible.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

(Is literally the most common element besides nickel)

"Heh heh heh, modern day Dracula." I check my robe pockets for any money or my phone.
"Last few people I finished off had no valuables, if that's what you're looking for," I say, judging by her attitude, "so going through their pockets won't do much good."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

(I don't know anything about it so I'll go with you on this.)
(I won't be able to post till Sunday as I'm disappearing for the weekend.)

"Infamous in other ways." She says as she motions to your pantless state.
"I was looking for survivors. Good to know your priorities though..."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Eh, well. What are you gonna do, right?" I continue walking towards my **** distant castle.
"Oh, please tell me you're not one of those wishy-washy people. **** happens, and we've all got to build and use bridges so as to go over rivers of tears."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Hahahahaha so your a poet too? Wonderful, and for the wishy washy thing you saw where I was when you found me. Someone who couldn't control their emotions would have given up." She says as she stuffs her hands into her pockets, you see a slight tremor in her arms and legs as she walks. You arrive at your castle to be greeted by two armored robots with twin swords in each hand. Conformation of entrance: Name required they say in unison.

(You want to describe the castle or do you want to?)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I grin at her. "Well don't throw your pad at me, psychopath."
As soon as the robots challenge me, I leer at them. "Get some! Lance Valentino. Let me in and get someone to make me a sandwich."

Showing 226-240 of 502